My Infalliable Belief system

the only arbitrary convention here is your insistence that up and down be defined purely as relative to gravity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_direction
Keep trying:
Me said:
In zero g "up" and "down" are purely arbitrary conventions
Me said:
In zero g there is no "up or "down" therefore the question becomes moot.
Or even from your own link:
One common definition of up and down uses gravity and the planet Earth as a frame of reference

even if they filled in the spaces?
It depends. Would you define a plastic straw tetrahedron as a pyramid? I thought they were large structures made out of stone blocks. You'll have to ask SciWriter what he meant by "pyramid".

MakeArt4cwkWP_Page_1672.jpg

God, winning at Tic-Tac-Toe.​

So seeking benefit (regardless who where or what its from) is a sign of cripple mindedness?
yes or no?

No, healthy mind; information and its benefits can be useful.

Ungrounded ideas of the imagination just float away into evaporation.

Idea pyramids have grounding, and then the top means something.

lightgigantic said:
I'm pretty sure a high school science class could make an upside down pyramid in water with drinking straws.
That would be a tetrahedron not a pyramid.

More to the point, it would be supported by the water.

lightgigantic said:
the only arbitrary convention here is your insistence that up and down be defined purely as relative to gravity.

Yes! Anyone can build a pyramid from up to down if we just say that "up" is toward the ground, and "down" is toward the sky!
Brilliant!

:bravo:

Keep trying:

Or even from your own link:
Notice how it begins with the word "one"?

It depends. Would you define a plastic straw tetrahedron as a pyramid? I thought they were large structures made out of stone blocks.
stone blocks?

If that's the case I guess it would make pyramids unique in the sense that it is the only shape designated by building materials.

Out of curiosity, what special term would you use to designate a pyramid made out of polystyrene or pearlite?

You'll have to ask SciWriter what he meant by "pyramid".
Why?
I would have thought standard definitions would be sufficient
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_(geometry)

I mean if I started talking about building cubes what would make you suddenly think I was talking about specific building materials like ice or mortar or whatever?

Last edited:
More to the point, it would be supported by the water.
actually it would be supported by the particle tension, much like a floating pyramid is supported by the particle tension of the air

Yes! Anyone can build a pyramid from up to down if we just say that "up" is toward the ground, and "down" is toward the sky!
Brilliant!

:bravo:
the simple truth is that even a high school science class is capable of building an upside down floating pyramid where down is the ground and up is the sky ... what to speak of on omnipotent personality

actually it would be supported by the particle tension, much like a floating pyramid is supported by the particle tension of the air
You're even worse at physics than you are at logic.

Perhaps you missed the word "unsupported" in the post that started this ludicrous sidetrack?

You're even worse at physics than you are at logic.

Perhaps you missed the word "unsupported" in the post that started this ludicrous sidetrack?
ludicrous certainly is the word for it .. especially if one insists on using the word "unsupported" to the degree of particle tension in an atmosphere
:shrug:

Dude, it's not "particle tension".
And yes, "unsupported" means "unsupported". Duh.

Directions are based on spatial dimensions more than they are based on gravity.
And?

Notice how it begins with the word "one"?
Correct. And your point?

stone blocks?
If that's the case I guess it would make pyramids unique in the sense that it is the only shape designated by building materials.
So what are pyramids built from?

Out of curiosity, what special term would you use to designate a pyramid made out of polystyrene or pearlite?
It's a pyramidal structure, but it isn't a pyramid.

Why?
I would have thought standard definitions would be sufficient
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_(geometry)
I note that SciWiter used the word pyramid, not "geometric pyramid"... :rolleyes:
Like I said, ask him.

And?

Correct. And your point?
there are other ways to use "up" and "down" ... but then I guess its typical of an atheist to insist on narrow definitions for terms in order to lend authority to their argument .. part of the whole "my infallible belief system" I guess ....

So what are pyramids built from?
anything
The word "pyramid" doesn't denote building requirements

It's a pyramidal structure, but it isn't a pyramid.

I note that SciWiter used the word pyramid, not "geometric pyramid"... :rolleyes:
Like I said, ask him.
so this isn't a pyramid?

images

:eek:

Tell me, if stone blocks are the essential requirement for pyramids, how do artificial stone rocks fit into the picture?

And while we are on the subject, what essential building materials does a cube require, as opposed to a cuboid shape?

Last edited:
I have already said that "up" and "down" are arbitrary conventions.
and I already said that denoting it as purely dependent on gravity is also part of the same deal

Right. And the pyramids in Egypt aren't pyramids.
No
They are not the seminal category for pyramid if that's what you mean.

Much like an ice cube is not the seminal category for a cube.

IOW much like all Egyptian pyramids are pyramids, all pyramids are not Egyptian pyramids
Similarly much like all ice cubes are cubes, all cubes are not ice cubes

Correct, it's not. It's a replica ziggarut.
which, lo and behold, are a subcategory of step pyramids

Still waiting for you to tell me what essential building materials a cube requires in order to distinguish itself from a cuboid shape ... although I am tending to think we have just covered another ineffable and inexplicable component of your infallible belief system ... namely an inability to entertain holistic categories (when it suits your purposes of course)

and I already said that denoting it as purely dependent on gravity is also part of the same deal
Which was what I said at the very start... :rolleyes:

No
IOW much like all Egyptian pyramids are pyramids, all pyramids are not Egyptian pyramids
Hence my repetition of "Ask SciWiter what he meant".
If you paid for a trip "to see the pyramids" what would your expectations be? Would you be satisfied with a bus journey of five minutes to look at plastic-straw constructed miniatures?

For an atheist, the environment is unsupported; in fact, according to an atheist, it does not need support, it just is, already.
Then I guess they have no means to bring terms "up" or "down" to bear in any meaningful fashion.

It was a red herring from the word go.
:bugeye:

Back