Mothman pics (Indras Cold)

Looks more like a person in a Halloween costume to me. To bad with all of the cameras we have today no one can get a really clear picture of flying but only one picture of the person standing by themselves. I did not see and "glowing red eyes" either.

Yeah...and those were all the rage back in the 60's when all these mothman sitings started occurring. lol!

They were indeed - but they were poorly designed and resulted in a fair number of deaths. Wingsuits today are much, much safer than the wingsuits of the 1960's.

It's amazing how our technology has gotten so much better, so many people have cameras and video devices with them at all times, and I would say the overall quality of evidence for things like this, UFOs, ghosts, leprechauns, etc has declined.

Maybe like skepticism wards off psychic ability, cameras ward off Mothmen.

They were indeed - but they were poorly designed and resulted in a fair number of deaths. Wingsuits today are much, much safer than the wingsuits of the 1960's.

Nope..wingsuits and the sport of flying them weren't developed till the 1990's. Wingsuits with big glowing eyes? Yet to be developed.

First heard of mothman on tv. Seems people cant judge size well at night.

Anyways... Found some things...
mothman071207a.jpg
. - http://mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/jeepers-creepers-its-mothman/

-quote{http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman
200px-Mothman_statue_2005.jpg

}

Mothman is a legendary creature reportedly seen in the Point Pleasant area of West Virginia from 15 November 1966 to 15 December 1967. The first newspaper report was published in the Point Pleasant Register dated 16 November 1966, entitled "Couples See Man-Sized Bird...Creature...Something".[1]

Mothman was introduced to a wider audience by Gray Barker in 1970,[2][3] later popularized by John Keel in his 1975 book The Mothman Prophecies, claiming that Mothman was related to a wide array of supernatural events in the area and the collapse of the Silver Bridge. The 2002 film The Mothman Prophecies, starring Richard Gere, was based on Keel's book.[4].......

It's not like they're selling anything...oh...wait.

Interesting that Point Pleasant, West Virginia has embraced this much like Roswell has the whole Area 51 mythology. Hey, money helps make things real, especially when it brings the tourists to a place that otherwise would be a nothing-town.

So you're saying they made this all up just to become a tourist trap? I find that unlikely..

So you're saying they made this all up just to become a tourist trap? I find that unlikely..

No, I'm sure "they" didn't have that goal initially. But opportunity knocks...

And using a local superstition to embellish a town's draw is much more likely than the suggestion that there is an actual Mothman. Particularly with the evidence thus far given.

No, I'm sure "they" didn't have that goal initially. But opportunity knocks...

And using a local superstition to embellish a town's draw is much more likely than the suggestion that there is an actual Mothman. Particularly with the evidence thus far given.

We think we know all there is to know about the universe. Yet we have probably only scratched the surface on maybe .01% of it. So much out there we haven't a clue about--things that can happen that no human science can even admit much less study. Do we REALLY know what is and isn't possible in this crazy quasidimensional multiverse of ours? I suspect not..I suspect there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in ALL our own philosophies.

Back