Mohammed Bear vs Gitmo

Depends on what you consider policing.

This?

I do not know any of them or the conditions of when, why and how those images were taken. Nor do I know if any of the soldiers have been brought up on charges due to any action taken in any of those pictures so I cannot comment on them in respect outside of saying if those were infact malicious or negligent acts..then they are wrong. On the same note, I can not say if those acts are commonplace or if they are isolated incidents....and niether can you. :shrug:

I do not know any of them or the conditions of when, why and how those images were taken. Nor do I know if any of the soldiers have been brought up on charges due to any action taken in any of those pictures so I cannot comment on them in respect outside of saying if those were infact malicious or negligent acts..then they are wrong. On the same note, I can not say if those acts are commonplace or if they are isolated incidents....and niether can you. :shrug:

Because no one knows.

What we do know however is that some 70,000 people are not allowed to tell their story.

Yes, of course. Lets start marching people into ovens and gas chambers immediately. :bugeye:

Ah, well, now it makes sense. Obviously if you think any atrocity is alright during war, a few people becoming paraplegic, eating feces or dying during interrogation is small change. Even if they have never been formally charged or brought to trial.

Because no one knows.

What we do know however is that some 70,000 people are not allowed to tell their story.

What do you mean 70k? Didnt you just post an article which stated we only have about 10k left? What do you propose we did to the other 60,000 so as to make them not come forward and tell their "story" of being held at gitmo?

Ah, well, now it makes sense. Obviously if you think any atrocity is alright during war, a few people becoming paraplegic, eating feces or dying during interrogation is small change. Even if they have never been formally charged or brought to trial.

You couldnt tell that I was trying to show you how silly your comparison of gitmo and the genocide of about 6 million jews were?

What do you mean 70k? Didnt you just post an article which stated we only have about 10k left? What do you propose we did to the other 60,000 so as to make them not come forward and tell their "story" of being held at gitmo?

I suggest you go back and read everything.

You couldnt tell that I was trying to show you how silly your comparison of gitmo and the genocide of about 6 million jews were?

A million have died in Iraq, gawd knows how many in Afghanistan. 70,000 illegally kept in US detention centers and abroad.

How many does a genocide make?

A million have died in Iraq, gawd knows how many in Afghanistan. 70,000 illegally kept in US detention centers and abroad.

Now you are going far outside the realm of reality. You cannot in your right mind think that our goal in iraq is genocide. Your arguments are ignorant, immature and uneducated and I refuse to debate them with you anymore until you grow up a bit.

peace.

Now you are going far outside the realm of reality. You cannot in your right mind think that our goal in iraq is genocide. Your arguments are ignorant, immature and uneducated and I refuse to debate them with you anymore until you grow up a bit.

peace.

Yeah, you keep on swallowing. Open wide, buster. And give thanks that you have the freedom to torture at will.

And a million dead people don't count because you are so f*cking privileged.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=2679

peace.

This is not a good way of responding to someone who has been providing valid sources.

This is not a good way of responding to someone who has been providing valid sources.

A valid source for what? That we are commiting genocide? That Gitmo is even in ANY way comparable to the concentration camps? I was more than willing to continue the debate until then....

A valid source for what? That we are commiting genocide? That Gitmo is even in ANY way comparable to the concentration camps? I was more than willing to continue the debate until then....

Genocide? You said her arguments are "immature, uneducated, ignorant". That is what I was responding to, and I don't think she argued that it was a genocide, she said,

Basically bringing attention to how severe of a situation it is. The term genocide is not important.

Technically I do not think it is a genocide as a genocide seems to be defined mostly on intention to eliminate a specific group, rather than numbers of a group killed. Because technically we are probably just treating them as inhuman, valueless, rather than directly trying eliminate the people.

That site has flawed counting, and does not count indirect deaths. People who die as a result of a hospital being unavailable rather than dying directly from the bomb that hit the hospital are not counted in that site.

Here is a quote from the article on page I was talking about only 10k of the 70k remaining with us.

"More than 10,000 are believed to remain in direct US custody"

So what is keeping the other 60k from telling their stories? NOTHING.

That site has flawed counting, and does not count indirect deaths. People who die as a result of a hospital being unavailable rather than dying directly from the bomb that hit the hospital are not counted in that site.

So are you saying their margin of error is +- 900k?

Well it was a few years ago that the lancet study said it was over 650,000.

Yes, their website is way off, and has been for a long time. I think Bush used it as a reference once.

Here is a site that I think exaggerates the numbers but the liberals like it so I will post it for your convenience.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Many polls have shown that death rates are undercounted from 70-90%. We don;t do body counts anyway.

Here is a quote from the article on page I was talking about only 10k of the 70k remaining with us.

"More than 10,000 are believed to remain in direct US custody"

So what is keeping the other 60k from telling their stories? NOTHING.

Except being in indirect custody. Duh!:rolleyes:

Back