Mohammed Bear vs Gitmo

Who is responsible for what? Detaining him? You are saying that he did nothing wrong, and as for terrorist related activities..he didnt. He did however commit acts which gave way to suspicion that he may have ties to terrorism. Those proved to be unjustified. Im sure if he cries enough he will get some sort of monetary compensation for his trouble whereas if al-qaeda detained a US citizen, the only compensation they get is their head cut off and a tape of it sent to al-jazeera. And dont get me started with Al-Jazeera...

Their headquarters should be nuked...that's all I will say.

How can I know? I've heard some things, like the story you posted, that sound bad. Are they true? Are they isolated incidents? Unless I had access to all the files of the detainee's, how can I say they're being held unjustly?

We're at war. POW's are held until the cessation of hostilities, without a trial. And these guys are worse than POW's. They're "unlawful combatants"
Because we're at war and are wllling to give the military the benefit of the doubt during wartime.
Of course not.

And being "at war" with an idea gives you the right to detain people and do what you like with them, I suppose.

And you think the ME is full of barbarians.:rolleyes:

Who is responsible for what? Detaining him? You are saying that he did nothing wrong, and as for terrorist related activities..he didnt. He did however commit acts which gave way to suspicion that he may have ties to terrorism. Those proved to be unjustified. Im sure if he cries enough he will get some sort of monetary compensation for his trouble whereas if al-qaeda detained a US citizen, the only compensation they get is their head cut off and a tape of it sent to al-jazeera. And dont get me started with Al-Jazeera...

Their headquarters should be nuked...that's all I will say.

And yet the US is the one illegally holding people.

And whining about injustice.

Pretentious and hypocritical barbarians.

Barbarians.

And yet you say nothing about the continued and increasing atrocities commited by those terrorist groups we are trying to stop? :confused:

You sir...have your priorities mixed up I think.

And yet you say nothing about the continued and increasing atrocities commited by those terrorist groups we are trying to stop? :confused:

You sir...have your priorities mixed up I think.

Maybe one day you will look under the bed and discover the monsters were all yours.

And being "at war" with an idea gives you the right to detain people and do what you like with them, I suppose.

And you think the ME is full of barbarians.:rolleyes:
It may be called a war on "terror", which is a pretty stupid name. But it's really a war on Islamic extremism.

Regardless, we have troops in Iraq and Afganistan. Are they there fighting an idea?

Pretentious and hypocritical barbarians.
Says the women from the nation that needed to pass a special law a few years ago to make it clear that it's not right to drive people from their homes, steal their property, make them eat shit, and strip them naked and parade them through the streets.

Says the women from the nation that needed to pass a special law a few years ago to make it clear that it's not right to drive people from their homes, steal their property, make them eat shit, and strip them naked and parade them through the streets.

We should learn from you, no doubt.

Look Ma! I did this!

22916.jpg

Last edited:
It may be called a war on "terror", which is a pretty stupid name. But it's really a war on Islamic extremism.

Regardless, we have troops in Iraq and Afganistan. Are they there fighting an idea?

Do they know why they are there?

I certainly do not.

The treatment of suspected terrorists and the treatment of someone suspected of giving a Teddy Bear the wrong name are hardly comparable situations.

This case has brought one thing to light. Sudan is a country many would consider to be behind and even primitive at times. We consider their legal system to be archaic and backwards. However they tried the teacher and sentenced her within days, while the US has been hanging on to the detainees without charging them, without trials or right to legal recourse. In that, they are not comparable at all. In that, Sudan is a lot more advanced than the US has been towards its detainees.

Do they know why they are there?

I certainly do not.

We are fairly priviledged in this country..we really are. Success up to an extent is really dependant on how motivated we are to succeed. So with that being said...do you believe that under-developed or politically immature countries (ie, military or religiously controlled) should be allowed the same opportunity for success that we have? or do you believe we, as a country, should worry more about ourselves and leave them to their own devices...whether they succeed or fail?

this has nothing to do with the thread really..but I am interested in your response to this.

We are fairly priviledged in this country..we really are. Success up to an extent is really dependant on how motivated we are to succeed. So with that being said...do you believe that under-developed or politically immature countries (ie, military or religiously controlled) should be allowed the same opportunity for success that we have? or do you believe we, as a country, should worry more about ourselves and leave them to their own devices...whether they succeed or fail?

this has nothing to do with the thread really..but I am interested in your response to this.

I think you should be allowed to kill/torture/starve anyone you want so as to ensure you continue to live a privileged life.

This case has brought one thing to light. Sudan is a country many would consider to be behind and even primitive at times. We consider their legal system to be archaic and backwards. However they tried the teacher and sentenced her within days, while the US has been hanging on to the detainees without charging them, without trials or right to legal recourse. In that, they are not comparable at all. In that, Sudan is a lot more advanced than the US has been towards its detainees.

I am sure it didnt take anymore than a day during the salem witch trials to see if the alledged witch burned at the stake so as to be considered innocent or not. Does this make them anymore advanced than we are today?

I think you should be allowed to kill/torture/starve anyone you want so as to ensure you continue to live a privileged life.

This wasnt the question. :shrug:

Did you not understand why I asked that and I should rephrase or ?

I would say it makes us just as savage as they were back then. Or do you think throwing a person into a body of water and seeing if they floated or sunk is a good way to determine guilt or innocence? Do you think we would judge them better, with hindsight, if they held the so called 'witches' for 5+ years without charge or trial? I hate to think how future generations will judge us and the US in how it dealt with its detainees and how we, the rest of the West, sat back and did nothing. Will we be held just as unreasonable and just as rabid as we judge those who committed the genocide against those they deemed to be 'witches'?

At least they, even in their savagery, charged their hapless victims. The US has not even seen fit to do that.

It does not matter how you ask it. The answer is the one I have given.

Then I take that as you didnt understand the question because the response isnt even in the realm of the subject of it.

I will simplify it a little bit.

Some people believe that we shouldnt be a world police..that we should never interfere (as they call it) with the affairs of other countries to the point of we should even pull out of every country that we currently have troops. Do you hold to these same beliefs?

Then I take that as you didnt understand the question because the response isnt even in the realm of the subject of it.

I will simplify it a little bit.

Some people believe that we shouldnt be a world police..that we should never interfere (as they call it) with the affairs of other countries to the point of we should even pull out of every country that we currently have troops. Do you hold to these same beliefs?

Depends on what you consider policing.

This?

iraqabuse4.jpg

Or this?

iraqabuse7.jpg

Or this?

iraqabuse10.jpg

I would say it makes us just as savage as they were back then. Or do you think throwing a person into a body of water and seeing if they floated or sunk is a good way to determine guilt or innocence? Do you think we would judge them better, with hindsight, if they held the so called 'witches' for 5+ years without charge or trial? I hate to think how future generations will judge us and the US in how it dealt with its detainees and how we, the rest of the West, sat back and did nothing. Will we be held just as unreasonable and just as rabid as we judge those who committed the genocide against those they deemed to be 'witches'?

At least they, even in their savagery, charged their hapless victims. The US has not even seen fit to do that.

You do know that it is not the conventional justice system as we know it during wartime right? Different rules apply...

Back