Mars Life and Civilization discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can this thread still be in "General Science & Technology"? If this thread can stay I have a "woman gives birth to alien baby" story I could post.

Hey, I just had a thought. If enough people add someone to their ignore list, they should get auto-banned! :p

Personally, I don't want to ban anyone. Rant away! thats why forums are great. It's just leaving this thread in the science section that seems silly to me.

buffys said:
Personally, I don't want to ban anyone. Rant away! thats why forums are great. It's just leaving this thread in the science section that seems silly to me.
True.
OK, maybe not an autoban. Just a notification to the admins/mods that the person may be deserving of one.
extrasense, while some of us may not be contributing to this thread, what is the thread contributing?

So, you want more science.

What about some physics and geometry? :D

Here it is, a piped thermal spring from Mars:
The water string makes a perfect parabola,
with Mars low atmosphere pressure:

water1.jpg

ES

first, could you try pictures larger than postage stamps? Your magnifying glass suggestion doesn't make the resolution any better.

second, my understanding is that if liquid water meets the martian atmosphere it's not going to make a gentle "water fountain" arc. The pressure is so low the water will boil away before it even hits the ground.

[[could you try pictures larger than postage stamps? Your magnifying glass suggestion doesn't make the resolution any better.]]

The pictures are made on Mars, this is all we've get :eek:

[[my understanding is that if liquid water meets the martian atmosphere it's not going to make a gentle "water fountain" arc. The pressure is so low the water will boil away before it even hits the ground]]

It depends on the temperature. You are bringing intresting point although.
Mars: Atm pressure on surface: 1-9 millibars, depending on altitude.

At above 6 millibars, stable liquid water is possible, in relatively narrow tempreature range for 9 millibars. However, if temperature is somewhere below 270, water turns into the ice, not into vapors.

So you get nice ice cubes produced :)

ES

Here is what I think. He took an typical image like this:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/n/158/2N140403202EFF6826P1920L0M1.JPG

(see I can get them in larger size..for any other dummies out there expand it in your browser)

and he edited a tiny part and modified a pipe into the picture. Then he knocked the size way down to make it hard to see....and screamed LIFE!!

He is a fraud and a sham. This is fact given he won't release the sol dates the images were taken and the original size for that matter. The guy's a freakin' loon.

extrasense said:
the pictures are made on Mars, this is all we've get

jesus man, you aren't even trying! as you well know mars picts are generally very high in resolution and as blackholesun pointed out, you never tell us where to find these photos or what they are called. They could be photos of arizona for all we know.

At above 6 millibars, stable liquid water is possible, in relatively narrow tempreature range for 9 millibars. However, if temperature is somewhere below 270, water turns into the ice, not into vapors.

the point is it'll either vaporize or "insta-freeze" and that would quickly sublimate. You wouldn't get a pleasant little arc of liquid water.

I don't mind going with you on your little consperacy hunt but you'll have to work a lot harder than this to even make it to tabloid level. So far it's just pathetic.

The hell I do! What's in that picture and what's in your thumbnail is not the same. There is no nice pretty arc in it if you blow it up. Good try though but you're still an idiot.

buffys said:
the point is it'll either vaporize or "insta-freeze" and that would quickly sublimate...QUOTE]

Here we are, you take your arbitrary conjectures for the truth.

Under the pressure on Mars/about 8 milibar/, if heated, ice turns into stable liquid water.
If heated more, water would eventually boil at about 5 degree C.

Ice would directly sublimate into vapor, only if pressure is 6 milibar or less.

:) :cool: :)

blackholesun said:
The hell I do! What's in that picture and what's in your thumbnail is not the same. There is no nice pretty arc in it if you blow it up. Good try though but you're still an idiot.

The fact that you unable to enlarge properly the picture tells only about you incompetence.And you owe me two apologies.

:D

*coughs* Having fun are we all?
Been here, read it, looked at it, gone.

EDDETED to add;
I think I see a lump there Buffy. Better have that one checked.

Last edited:
actually blackholesun it is the same photo, apparently with the contrast modified.

ok extrasense, I've seen the full photo's now and I can only say, that is possibly the worst evidence of extra terrestrial life I've ever seen, ever! calling it weak would be a huge compliment.

damn! the flat earth society has more compelling proof than this.

btw - that's funny that even a known whack job like craterchains agrees (it's also pretty ironic that his evidence is almost as bad yours). You guys should be on the same side. Outrageous claims with nothing to base it on, you should be soulmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back