Marijuana Poll!! Legalize? Or Punish?

Should pot be legalized?

• Yes, lets smoke that bud officer!

Votes: 59 86.8%
  • No, throw the pot head in jail, spend lots of tax money on non violent "criminals"

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
I'm not condoning it but I would say that mature people that are also seasoned drinkers and dope smokers can drive pretty safely, if anything, they probably do concentrate more whilst driving because they are aware of their condition and don't want to get busted for breaking any laws or having any accidents. On the other hand, stoner and drunk newbies can be bloody dangerous behind the wheel, especially if they also happen to be idiots in any case.

im fairly sure reactions are impaired by drink and drugs, i honestly do not care about how much attention someone 'thinks' they are paying because they dont want to get caught.

i cannot think my way to being a better driver than michael schumacher.

QuarkMoon said:
I also use marijuana, so it's not like I'm speaking from total ignorance. But I'll say this, a psychological addiction can be just as bad as a physical addiction. Many psychological addictions, like food addiction that causes people to become morbidly obese are just as powerful and just as hard to kick as a physical addiction.

That is a Great point quark! but in the same scence you have ot think.. can people think for them selves? A food addiction can be a very harmfull thing and extreamly detremental to ones health. Yet people that are not mentaly as strong give in to the feeling, so i na sence it is up to the indivudgal to chose what they want. NOT the goverment to watch over us like baby's in a crib.

I am all for marjuana legalization, i know it is NOT good for you but.. in teh EXACT same since fast food, nitrates, artifical colors, pecticides, tobaco, alchool, not getting enufgh excersize, actominomorophin(ibprofin, is the leading cause of liver falure in the united states but people continue to use masive amounts. this is a perfict example where they leave it up to the person to make there own choice), to much sodium.. EVERY thing in life with to much of it is detremental.. :(

Well said dagr8n8...

im fairly sure reactions are impaired by drink and drugs

While that may be true for some people, I stand here today to tell you that the first time I smoked pot (and it was daaaank) I drove around for hours... while at first it was minorly difficult (for me) now I'm a professional stoned driver. haha.... but I am actually cutting down a great deal on driving and stoning simultaniously, just in case.

manmadeflyingsaucer said:
Well said dagr8n8...

While that may be true for some people, I stand here today to tell you that the first time I smoked pot (and it was daaaank) I drove around for hours... while at first it was minorly difficult (for me) now I'm a professional stoned driver. haha.... but I am actually cutting down a great deal on driving and stoning simultaniously, just in case.

well maybe that'll be some consolation to the family of the deceased

Yeah, I'm deceased.... the undead can type and chat about the worthyness of pot online...

Living in a society of potheads instead of alcoholics provides many advantages, including less crime and lower costs for healthcare.

Also, I never condone taking actions against another person's freedom unless that person puts others in danger or imposes on the freedom of other people.

read <a href="http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.listAll&friendID=76548511&startID=132671334&StartPostedDate=2006-06-14%2006:38:00&next=1&page=1&Mytoken=3EB529DA-C980-475C-A5760B5324106D22870401843">this<a/> (you'll have to scroll down to "mary jane" or just skip <a href="http://www.hightimes.com/ht/legal/content.php?bid=687&aid=5">here<a/>
i'm not saying i know all there is to know, but i'm d*mn sure willing to tell people what i do know. and i know that marijuana's imprisonment in the scheduleI category of the FDA's table of drugs is ridiculous.

Alcohol has a much greater cultural aspect with Western society, whereas marijuana is simply an invasion on the traditional way of life. The problem is, at what point do people stop?

I see nothing wrong with REGULATED use of weed, since I used to smoke it, BUT it must be regulated, otherwise it can have a massive impact on various aspects of society. There must also be a stronger orientation around decency and the family. So long as that remains (a sensible society), then go ahead and legalize it.

I did, however, vote against it in this poll because I felt you were talking about unregulated, uncontrolled use and unmonitored distribution of a potentially harmful drug.

It takes a while to see how the effects of weed changes in a person. Paranoia and panic attacks are common whereas in the beginning it was relaxing. The amazing thing is that the body has ways of telling you that what your doing is not exactly good for you. The biggest negative of weed is that it makes a person lazy as hell and you feel old, like you bones are that of an 80 year old.

It takes a while to see how the effects of weed changes in a person. Paranoia and panic attacks are common whereas in the beginning it was relaxing. The amazing thing is that the body has ways of telling you that what your doing is not exactly good for you. The biggest negative of weed is that it makes a person lazy as hell and you feel old, like you bones are that of an 80 year old.

:bugeye:

Evidence for any of those claims?

I suppose cuz I don't smoke weed, I don't care. Is it really that huge of an issue? Isn't certain amounts just a misdemeanor ticket. Well, just buy that much and smoke it at home.

Back