Man divorces & sues wife for being ugly, wins

KilljoyKlown

Whatever
Valued Senior Member
Wow! This is a new one on me. What was she thinking?

Picture of the ugly baby that caused the divorce and lawsuit.
ugly-baby-vonguard-620x350.jpg

Divorces are never pretty, but this one is pretty ugly. A man from northern China divorced and sued his wife for being ugly. He won $120,000 in the lawsuit and has once again made the world question the validity of phrases like “marriage” and “love”.

The northern Chinese man, Jian Feng, married his wife and was reportedly absolutely in love with her. Soon, as will happen, she became pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl, which was when the problems arose for Feng.

He thought the baby was incredibly ugly, to the point where it horrified him. The baby resembled neither of her parents, so Feng demanded to know who the father was, because jumping to conclusions about your wife’s faithfulness is the obvious thing to do when you have an ugly baby.

As it turns out, his wife didn’t cheat, but did gloss over the fact that she had spent $100,000 on intense plastic surgery to severely change how she looked before she met him. It’s the kind of thing that can slip your mind on the first date. After his wife revealed this to him, Feng took the only right-minded course of action and divorced and sued her, claiming that she got him to marry her under false pretences. The false pretence presumably being that she was good looking. Incredibly, the (presumably male) judge sympathised with Feng and he won $120,000 in the case.

It’s usually the victim of court cases that you’re supposed to feel sorry for, but it’s kind of difficult to feel sorry for the man who is angry at his beautiful wife for being ugly at some point in her life. If you’re going to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for their child, whom will forever be known as the baby that broke her parent’s marriage – with her face.

http://planetivy.com/news/12331/man-divorces-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-wins/

What was she thinking??

1. She should have told the man about the surgery before the marriage.

2. She should have thought about his reaction to the way the baby would look.

Do I think the courts were a bit harsh? Yes I do. Does anyone know if they have child support in China?

Do I think the courts were a bit harsh? Yes I do. Does anyone know if they have child support in China?

Probably some American will adopt the child . I know several American family have done to China to adopt a girl . Chinese not very likely give away maly children.

Yeah.
The bitch, the slut! How dared she think that the guy would like her for her!

I guess it all goes like this:

Women should be pretty.
Those that aren't pretty, should either 1. get cosmetic surgery and stay single, or 2. not marry, 3. kill themselves.

Men must be pleased, NO MATTER WHAT. All hail male chauvinism!

Yeah.

Women should be pretty.
Those that aren't pretty, should either 1. get cosmetic surgery and stay single, or 2. not marry, 3. kill themselves.

They should get married , to an older gentleman or to a blind man.

Question what is ugly ? Do wrinkle make us ugly ?

Ah brother, seriously?
Women have divorced men after they learned that he was small endowed once the knot was tied.

I agree, she should have disclosed the surgery's early on. If she was born Richard Bonaparte Bartholomew the Third, more people would agree that the surgery should have been disclosed early on.
If a woman's unable to conceive, they properly disclose this early on. So on and so on.

I do agree the courts award is too harsh. I also disagree that divorce seems reasonable in this case. But the man has a point: Surgery does not account for genetics that will be passed on.

Ah brother, seriously?
Women have divorced men after they learned that he was small endowed once the knot was tied.

I agree, she should have disclosed the surgery's early on. n.

Question: Have he been courting her for a wile ? Could he not see if she had surgery ?( Do you buy a pair of shoes without trying them on ) Was he getting married for money ? Was it a prearranged marriage ?

Question: Have he been courting her for a wile ? Could he not see if she had surgery ?( Do you buy a pair of shoes without trying them on ) Was he getting married for money ? Was it a prearranged marriage ?

No idea- I know nothing more than you do. I just commented on the bit I could see. From this little bit of information, I would speculate that Feng is a douche.

Yeah.

Women should be pretty.

Considering the male to female ratio in China, even the ugliest women should have it made. So what was she really doing (Gold Digging) or something? She wasn't honest with the man she married. He should have had the opportunity to say no to the marriage before it happened and she had an ugly kid.

I don't see this baby as ugly..
ugly-baby-vonguard-620x350.jpg

An any parent should understand there child is a part of them. And support the child the best they can. This Chinese guy is a person I am glad I don't know. And I am betting he ain't the looker either. To many.

But this happened in China. What more needs to really be said? That beauty is more than skin deep. And he didn't love her. But this baby will grow up with a face that more than a mother will love. That's for sure.

Considering the male to female ratio in China, even the ugliest women should have it made. So what was she really doing (Gold Digging) or something? She wasn't honest with the man she married. He should have had the opportunity to say no to the marriage before it happened and she had an ugly kid.

Yeah. The bitch! To prison with her! How dare she! Men are always innocent!

What do you think Angelina Jolie looked like as an infant?

I have no idea, but I have seen her pictures without makeup and she's not all that great looking, also I don't think she's aging as well as others. But she's hot in the movies she's made.:D

Yeah. The bitch! To prison with her! How dare she! Men are always innocent!

Okay, but her chances of getting a better man would have been much higher with up front honesty. That policy is true in any culture I would think.

Back