Love n stuff

I knew everything there except caballero, and guapa, at least in my spanish class, comes after bonita, which means beautiful. So I would think you're right, professional lawyer, by saying that the latter means handsome, or something close to it.

I laughed at it though when I figured out what it meant. Yes, I'll make sure to tell her next time I see her today!

Damn good to see some of this going around. The world needs more funky love.

So I told her my new nickname (surprised myself without blushing, really it was very wierd!), and she took maybe two seconds as I told her what it meant (she didn't know caballero). She said the name was 'fitting.' Ha!! I heard awed silence from her friend (also my friend), could even detect a playful smile usually associated with flirting (but didn't really see it because I was turned away, expecting to blush but didnt).

As I said we're both in this writing class, and I've always been trying to convince her to write fantasy, but she doesn't want to because she says she can't 'understand it.' Xev, you must know at least a little about science fiction (that Lexx show is something way out there, I prefer Farscape), and anyone else, can you think of some words of wisdom? I think she just has this stereotype against the other side of the genre spectrum, like she's never read science fiction but only heard the ditzy girls at school talk about it.

On tuesday when I reviewed her short story (we all review each others, this group of fifteen or so) I said that the story was bad and she needed to convert to fantasy. It was linear, dealing with personal character conflicts, something I really can't stand (I find them too similar to midafternoon soap operas), except when they're really, really good like someone elses who happened to be there. I tried to convince her to switch to fantasy but as I enquired about it she kinda barked at me, like she had had enough of my convincing. That was before the caballero thing, though.

Pollux V

If you really like her that much don't push her to do what YOU want her to do so much. If she dosn't like fantasy don't push her about it. We all have different tastes and some times they don't match up.

Good Luck (hope you are as happy with her as i am with temporary_illusion ):D

*Waaaayh!* You people are going to make me cry over my loneliness and misery :(

Kaylis please come back..............

I guess I can but keep trying to find someone. Wish me luck?

Clarentavious

Good luck either getting back with your "X" or with finding someone better:D

Well she isn't exactly my ex. She never did accept me, but I truly liked her, and had some great conversations with her. At this point I don't think she is willing to speak with me (though it's not really on bad terms - I imagine she probably thinks it will just result in being bothered which she doesn't need).

Bad thing is, during much of the time I was talking to her, our communication was effected in a not so good way by some problems I was going through at that point. And I'm not sure she is really aware of this.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll never stop my pursuit until I find someone (heck, if I tried to stop, my emotions would probably dissipate into nothing.......)

Bleck, who needs a s/o? I'm happy without.

PolluxV:

Lexx is indeed out there. But, she may not like fantasy.

*Shrugs*

Viva la differance!

Now, back to work.

Back