LightGigantic's Defense Thread

Sam,

And I said you do the same (demonstrate the "real issues here" being the issues addressed by the opening post)

And I gave the examples from the opening post (hint hint).

Do you expect me to apologise for your lack of comprehension?
You are being disingenuous.

I said "...the statements aren't particularly accurate or relevant to the real issue."

Clearly "the real issue" I'm referencing has nothing to do with the opening post and had your reading comprehension or memory been more focused you would have realized that.

No you clearly did not like being discovered to have twisted context and were accusing me of the same thing. And now you are trying to lie your way out of your mistake.

Sam,

You are being disingenuous.

I said "...the statements aren't particularly accurate or relevant to the real issue."

Clearly "the real issue" I'm referencing has nothing to do with the opening post and had your reading comprehension or memory been more focused you would have realized that.

No you clearly did not like being discovered to have twisted context and were accusing me of the same thing. And now you are trying to lie your way out of your mistake.

I never lie. I am discussing the real issue, as I have been all along. I merely tried to prevent you from circumventing it.

It may have escaped your attention but the "real issue" of a thread is set by the opening post.

And after my detailed explanation (in consideration of your incomprehension), by calling me a liar, you just demonstrated it all over again.

Thank you for proving my point.

Last edited:
It must work, you finally got the point. :D
the technique used also tends to suggest something of the point they want to make (and it has nothing to do with the standards by which an intelligent person attributes merit)

- I take it you didn't read the link Sam gave ...

The abiltity to control oneself has everything to do with rationality - ever heard of a mental patient being released on the grounds of their talent for ad homming?

Someone says evolution is false and they can't explain why when prompted, that person is called an idiot. Who's the more irrational? The dumbass or the person calling him a dumbass?

Someone says evolution is false and they can't explain why when prompted, that person is called an idiot.
Nonsense. You can't explain why God isn't real in the same respects. You can say it all you want, but prove it to me. I'm prompting you to give me empirical proof that God doesn't exist. If you don't present proof, you are an idiot.

the technique used also tends to suggest something of the point they want to make (and it has nothing to do with the standards by which an intelligent person attributes merit)

- I take it you didn't read the link Sam gave ...

No, I think you and Sam were the ones who did not read the link:

"This entails an obligation to seriously consider the persuasive arguments made by opponents and to carefully try to explain and justify one's own position to one's opponents and others."

Nonsense. You can't explain why God isn't real in the same respects. You can say it all you want, but prove it to me. I'm prompting you to give me empirical proof that God doesn't exist. If you don't present proof, you are an idiot.

The positive claim is that there *is* a god or gods, not that there isn't. The onus is upon the claimant to prove, not the doubter. If I meet a man who claims to be the reincarnation of General Patton and I say, "no you aren't," the burden of proof is upon the would-be General not me.

What?!!!!!:eek:
Do you even know how stupid your line of reasoning is?

Prove aliens aren’t masquerading as humans, in a reconnaissance mission before invasion.
Prove Leprechauns aren’t controlling the State Department.
Prove Santa Clause doesn’t live in the North Pole.
Prove that twelve gods don’t live atop Olympus.

I repeat for the dimwitted and slow:

The burden of proof does not lie with the skeptic but with the one claiming a positive. In this case an absolute positive.
If Einstein wants to prove his speculations are factual or that they explain natural phenomena, he must provide the evidence and the arguments. He doesn’t say:
“Okay prove that time is not relative or it is”

If Darwin wants to prove his theories are correct he must provide arguments and evidence.

If my retarded half-wit neighbor wants to prove that he can fly, he doesn’t say “Prove that I cannot or else believe that I can” he must prove it.

When a moron leads a nation to war based on hypothetical Weapons of Mass Destruction, not even he can use your stupidity as a method of supporting his cause and justifying his actions.
“Well gentlemen, prove that there’ aren’t weapons there! Ha! Gotcha!”

Man doesn’t live in accordance to what he can disprove, but in accordance to what he can prove as being more likely, or in accordance with explanations that can be tested and questioned and challenged within our common pool of awareness we call the world.

I cannot claim that there are fire-breathing dragons raiding my farm every night by explaining them as creatures from another world or challenging the other to prove that they are not.

If it were otherwise then I can use this to explain anything.
It’s the strategy of avoiding the burden of proof.
You stupid idiot!!!!

Furthermore, I do not agree with the idea that people should be protected from reality.
You either deal with the world or you spend your life running from it, into fantasy worlds and feel-good dimensions.
Humoring the stupid might seem like the “civil’ thing to do’; a harmless practice that keeps everyone comfortable in their own delusions.
Civility: hypocrisy institutionalized.

You humor the obtuse long enough and they begin believing they are your superiors or your equals or that their opinions deserve just as much respect as anyone else’s.

This is like protecting the 120 lb weakling from the realization that if he enters into the ring he’ll get hurt, by telling his 220 lb opponent to pull his punches and not be as brutal and hard on the poor fellow.
Who wins from such a farce?

The 220 lb guy doesn’t break a sweat and the 120 lb guy starts believing he can beat anyone. The 220 lb guy is frustrated by the ensuing taunts the 120 lb weakling unleashes upon him - since all weakness is vengeful and will siege upon the first opportunity to overcome his feelings of inferiority and insecurity.

Equalitarianism and political-correctness has done little more than protect the feeble and stupid from the reality of self-awareness.
If these idiots want to come to an open forum, with the bravado and self-confidence of that 120 lb weakling who has never faced a punch because everyone, who knows his thinking is flawed, has been humoring him and offering him the right to believe what he likes, then he should not be protected from his own idiocy.
Weakness has a price.

You either survive it and grow or you wallow in it until death.
In nature weakness is punished with extinction. In human environments weakness is tolerated and humored, and protected, creating a slow decay technology is supposed to keep correcting.

Bastard!!!!!:bugeye:

I said "Prove that he doesn't"

I already knew he does.
But some people just aren’t trained in the correct epistemology to comprehend the ontology of Santa clause.
The right teacher must be found when the student is ready for his lessons.

Where else can presents come from?
Dah…..

I love you Santy Clause:p

*edit*
Why is this thread in the Religion sub-forum?

Is the respect for lightgigantic a spiritual duty?

Last edited:
Someone says evolution is false and they can't explain why when prompted, that person is called an idiot. Who's the more irrational? The dumbass or the person calling him a dumbass?

When what is being discussed is something not fully known, I would think he/she is an idiot who thinks he/she knows it all.
The one who at least thinks enough for possibilities seems more rational, than the one who rules out all such possibilities merely because he does not see it, and wants the more imaginative ones to prove what ever is postulated.

Thanks.

When what is being discussed is something not fully known, I would think he/she is an idiot who thinks he/she knows it all.

Exactly. Which is why you are an idiot if you think your version of the existence of the universe is true despite the fact there is no evidence. Atheists are the ones who aknowledge they don't know it all. Since when do you see theists on here even suggest that there is no god? Theists on this forum will not budge for their set belief that there is a certain intelligent creator and this is when they lose all respect from me. When given good reasons why they are idiots to believe in something so extravagant with zero evidence, all they do is resort to a vague analogy, subject change or just ignore it all together.

The one who at least thinks enough for possibilities seems more rational, than the one who rules out all such possibilities merely because he does not see it, and wants the more imaginative ones to prove what ever is postulated.

You seem to be misunderstanding the issue here. The problem is not with people who can imagine certain possabilities if there is no evidnece for it - the problem is with people who believe a 'possability' to be true despite the zero evidence.

Exactly. Which is why you are an idiot if you think your version of the existence of the universe is true despite the fact there is no evidence.
Agreed.
Atheists are the ones who aknowledge they don't know it all.
Often atheists argue that there being a god is impossible, which automatically makes them idiots enough.

Since when do you see theists on here even suggest that there is no god? Theists on this forum will not budge for their set belief that there is a certain intelligent creator and this is when they lose all respect from me. When given good reasons why they are idiots to believe in something so extravagant with zero evidence, all they do is resort to a vague analogy, subject change or just ignore it all together.

I think we agree again that theists are not idiots for believing in the possibility of god, but only when they try to set in stone the properties of god and want people to believe that?

You seem to be misunderstanding the issue here. The problem is not with people who can imagine certain possabilities if there is no evidnece for it - the problem is with people who believe a 'possability' to be true despite the zero evidence.
Isn't that the reason why it is called 'faith'? Dogmatic atheists are as much idiotic as dogmatic theists, so long as neither is proven.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sam,

It may have escaped your attention but the "real issue" of a thread is set by the opening post.
That’s the stated issue but if the thread starter doesn’t correctly understand the issues then he may well have missed the real issue, which is the case here.

The real issue here is the problem of attempting reasoned debate against a fantasy and the theist mentality of adapting/twisting the fantasy to accommodate any criticism. Without a factual basis a fantasy can change instantly and religions have done that throughout their history.

LG is simply a master at twisting the perspective and avoiding direct questions which he never answers. We know why; because they are answerable with reasoned logic. All of that emphasizes the theist mentality of living in a delusional state and rationalizing their beliefs without any recourse to facts. Naturally the reasoning non-believer will be inevitably frustrated at such tactics since the opportunity to twist appears infinite.

But this is not so much a criticism of LG but more to do with the effect that the religious meme has on those who choose to believe and support the absurd.

Back