Lie Detectors

Would you take the test?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what the control questions are for. If you have nothing to hide you best take it.

Realistically, I think I would be so put off by the whole situation that this would cause me to fail the test - I think I would probably fail on the control questions.

Realistically, I think I would be so put off by the whole situation that this would cause me to fail the test - I think I would probably fail on the control questions.

lol yeah that's my whole point and why they are there. If you fail the control questions it's a sign of nervousness.

Oh well. It's a cruel world. Might as well start practicing tranquility meditation and prepare for things like lie detector tests.

Oh well. It's a cruel world. Might as well start practicing tranquility meditation and prepare for things like lie detector tests.

Why ? They aren't allowed as evidence in court. They only serve as a tool to help police officers, see if they are on the right track and shit..

I think its a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.
But me, I'm not taking something that hasn't been scientifically proven. Its a matter of principle.

I think its a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.
But me, I'm not taking something that hasn't been scientifically proven. Its a matter of principle.

You are 'damned' if you don't, maybe 'damned' if you do.
You don't know beforehand that you are going to fail the test. Besides, it shows goodwill on your part.

You are 'damned' if you don't, maybe 'damned' if you do.
You don't know beforehand that you are going to fail the test. Besides, it shows goodwill on your part.

But its hypocritical! It would be like allowing a psychic to come in and hold my hands. Am I telling the truth, am I not?
If it was allowed as evidence (like DNA, scientifically proven) I would.

But its hypocritical! It would be like allowing a psychic to come in and hold my hands. Am I telling the truth, am I not?
If it was allowed as evidence (like DNA, scientifically proven) I would.

No it's not hypocritical, it's cooperating.. ;)

I know. I just see people thinking someone has something to hide when they refuse. I think they have every right and should refuse.

Well, you really are powerless against that. The smarter thing to do is just take the test.

If I was accused of committing a crime I had nothing to do with.
I would be volunteering to take the test.

Back