Legalize

Legalize Mj?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes it should be legalized, for any age with minors requiring adult consent, because its essentially harmless.

Same laws as alcohol since it isn't really that bad unless you become addicted (which isn't as easy as alcohol.)

With the pot today, on average, weaker than before in it's potency it doesn't sound harmless to legalize but who are we kidding...it will be abused just like every painkiller out there.

Legalize it or not people will still befriend Mary Jane in great numbers.

It should be legalized, the age-laws should be like those of alcohol or smoking. That means 16 years.

I would really like legal :m:, I don´t always want to waste some hours crossing the border to the Netherlands to get it legally. :D

"With the pot today, on average, weaker than before in it's potency"
Not true, modern techniques have increased the potency, and thus decreased the possible health issues implicit in having to use larger quantities. Also, there are vaporizers available that do not burn it, also decreasing possible health problems.

@ jadedflower
Yeah it is, at least for beer, wine and such things. If you are 18 you can drink everythink you want.
Also, the laws for drugs are somewhat strange here. It is legal to take drugs, but illeagal to sell or buy it.

lol, here it's the same thing. You can take drugs, and carry with you up to two individual doses, but not more. It's illegal to sell or buy.

In the case of alcohol: at 16 you can go anywhere, drink anything...
(even though people start at about 11)

Yeah, same problem here, sex, drugs, alcohol and smoking, many people start at about 11 or 12 years. I do not really like this development because many are addicted when they are about 14 or 15. (Or pregnant) Who knows where this will end :confused:

jps said:
Yes it should be legalized, for any age with minors requiring adult consent, because its essentially harmless.
Harmless, yeah sort of, but the point is WHY. It doesn't actually DO anything special. There's no reason to have it at all. I'm aware its too late now but it's hardly providing something good, even if not bad.

Rainbow Princess -

The situation changes entirely when pot is legal because then we can afford to eat it, thereby bringing out its rather impressive qualities.

Additionally ... why not? Two points about humanity:

• As soon as a human being can stand, and often in the process of learning to walk, a child learns to spin around in order to upset his or her equilibrium - essentially get high.
• As long as human beings have civilized, methods of intoxication have been near the forefront of necessity. Let's get this straight: Egyptians may have had beer, but ... no. I wouldn't drink it. On the other hand, I might have then. WIne? Okay. But ask a connoisseur about Isla Scotch whiskey and listen to the fine technical difference between Isla and something else. And then ask yourself--humanity had time to figure this out? Some grain, some water, and some peat ... voila! It seems so ... so technically obvious, doesn't it?

Larger point being: getting high has always been a human priority.

Just a question ... does the current generation of children and youth ever encounter a mimeograph page these days? Seriously--ditto pages, El Markos ... if we weren't supposed to sniff it, we tried. That's usually how we learned about drugs in the first place, when your parents explained to you why you shouldn't be inhalingj correction fluid. They eventually found (too late, of course) that if they didn't say anything about it, we didn't notice. (Seriously ... our area was isolated on the Redi-Whip hits. Even with the number of students we fed to Washington State University from our area, I can still remember the local idiot trying to explain to us how to get high from whipped cream cans.)

Getting high ... it's damn near among human necessity.

Anyway, click here for one of my favorite quotes about drugs, ever.

Harmless, yeah sort of, but the point is WHY. It doesn't actually DO anything special. There's no reason to have it at all. I'm aware its too late now but it's hardly providing something good, even if not bad.

One word: Jazz

tiassa said:
That could be a good thing, Nelson.
I love when people call me by my name... :D

Btw, my most recent new nickname is Nelly. "Funnily" enough, I found out that Nelly is actually a girl's nickname in Scotland. It's the nickname for Helen. Don't ask me why, it just is! :D

They are crazy, those Scotish... :D

Anyways... I gues it would be good for the planet, eh?

Captain_Crunch said:
Hey, its 'Scottish' and yes, yes we are crazy.
Oh! Right... I'm sorry I forgot a "t" :bugeye:
But anyways... :D
Are ya Scottish? I should have known that! :D

Back