Legalise drugs and prostitution?

should we legalise drugs and prostitution

• yes we should legalise drugs and prostituton

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • just drugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just prostitution

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • never should they be legalised, (state why)

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most people aren't smart enough to know what is and what isn't good for them.
That's not for you or the government to decide, simple as that.
In such a system, there ends up being no rules whatsoever.
That's ridiculous. I wasn't aware that Amsterdam has no rules whatsoever :rolleyes:

Fact is the government exists to serve the people, not to tell people how to live their lives. Like I said, in practice it doesn't work that way, because most governments are corrupt and because people have become apathetic with all the distractions of modern life, but it is the principle modern governments were founded on. Nothing you say or think will change that.
No, it's certainly not "very easy" to quit. Anybody who thinks so clearly has no experience, personally or locally, with the drug.
You are the one with no experience with the drug. I spent a good 6 months after high school smoking pot every day, I have no problem admitting I was dependent on it. Several of my friends went through the same thing. All had no problem quitting once they decided to do so, or needed to do so, and neither did I. You're wrong, that's it.
So where is the line drawn? Clearly, your method leaves some satisfied, and others dissatisfied. Any method of separating which drugs should and shouldn't be legal is based on arbitrary choices.
It's very easy to decide where the line is drawn. For now, it should be drawn at the physically addictive, physically damaging drugs. That includes the likes of heroin, cocaine and morphine. And despite what you may believe, most drugs are not physically addictive nor physically harmful. If you'd bothered to read any recent medical studies of drugs like mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, DMT, ecstasy or cannabis you'd see that.
The war on drugs was meant to fail.
How do you figure that?
Asgard said:
Xelios err you were right until you added caffine and sugar. Refined sugar IS pysically adictive as it causes the releace of endophins just like nicotinee and morphine do (well actually morphine IS the chemical but thats beside the point). Cafinen is also a stimulant and YES is adictive as well (Though both are not to the same exstent as narcotics or nicotine)
You're right, but to a point most substances can be considered physically addictive. I tend to draw the line a bit higher, where withdrawal actually prevents you from quitting even when you want to.

High Society is a good book to read on drug legalisation. I'm all for it. Outlawing an activity which doesn't harm anyone but yourself is silly. It's also backward. It creates crime since a blackmarket then erupts into being. Otherwise law abiding civilians have to mix with criminal dealers to get their chosen poison. Billions are wasted on the police hunting down these harmless individuals. Not to mention the courts, jails etc.

The very illegality of drugs jacks up their value and junkies have to commit major crimes just to be able to afford a fix.

We do not live in democracies. Democracies don't dictate what people can or cannot do without a logical reason. That's a dictatorship.

We do not live in democracies. Democracies don't dictate what people can or cannot do without a logical reason. That's a dictatorship.

Is this a joke? The core concept of democracy is majority rules. If you manage to convince a majority to agree with something illogical, you've got the base for an illogical law. Democracies aren't immune to stupidity or irrationality.

Back