James Randi

What matters is 'does it work'.

Against all odds it does...even posters on here must be feeling that with the sheer weight of evidence that is posted on here every day.

How does it work is open to question...God works in mysterious ways.

Why scatter such jewels as if they were mere packets of soap powder?

Against all odds it does...even posters on here must be feeling that with the sheer weight of evidence that is posted on here every day.
What evidence?
All we've seen is coloured charts with nothing to explain how and why they're made.
As we've said before.

What matters is 'does it work'.

Why scatter such jewels as if they were mere packets of soap powder?

Ok lets put it this way: what are the procedures you follow to come to the predictions ? How do you make the charts ?

Evidence??? Haven't we asked over and over and over... ad infinitum for just one shred of credible evidence? To which you've make commentary and misdirection to try and avoid dealing with actually providing anything credible at all.

I guess you must think that people that read these threads or your entries are just going to be taken in with evidence being presented at some point in the past because you say so. Well I have news for you and of course those people, You have supplied no credible evidence to substantiate your claims.

It's already been stated by posters that you've done readings for that you aren't closer than anyone making sugar-coated remarks in regards to who they are.

In fact I think they had a nice spread in the newspaper recently about dealing with Fake/Imposter Gypsy Lee's that send reading by Phone, SMS or Email. The only difference between you and them is you haven't uttered "Cross my palm with silver" yet!

<< It's already been stated by posters that you've done readings for that you aren't closer than anyone making sugar-coated remarks in regards to who they are. >>

Well firstly I haven't done readings...ust scanned over charts and given a few choice thoughts. Very direct and in both cases both spot on..why dont you try it, Styder? Or are you coming up wuth that old apology that 'its an Art and a great talent'. LOL!

Secondly...on the contrary on both cases I was pretty much accurate.

Ok lets put it this way: what are the procedures you follow to come to the predictions ? How do you make the charts ?

Its simply too complex. I mean you and Stryder are prime dummies so why not go buy 'Astrology for Dummies' and start from there. I'll teach you when you've gleaned some knowledge. :p

9780764552175b.jpg

Well firstly I haven't done readings...ust scanned over charts and given a few choice thoughts. Very direct and in both cases both spot on..why dont you try it, Styder? Or are you coming up wuth that old apology that 'its an Art and a great talent'. LOL!
Why do you think I had that particular book at hand? Do you think I was using it as a paper weight or something to hold my door open with? From study of that and other sources it can be suggested that it's all about how You think a person is, how you manifest an stereotype of their life more than the astrology itself.

We all do it, walking down the street you can fabricate peoples lives and what role they play without ever knowing them. We do this because of observation, we do this because in a society of interaction we need to have some pre-emptive clue about the people we deal with to make sure they are the right people or they aren't out to take us for a ride.

It's not guided by the planets but Darwinism in the form of Natural Selection and our will to Survive.

Astrology is as said time and time again, 'Sugar coating' for a reading you devise in your own mind. No charts on earth are going to prove your personal view of the world and this is why tests involving multiple astrologers produced different readings from each one. Purely because of their personal touch.

Secondly...on the contrary on both cases I was pretty much accurate.

Lets see, for one you suggest that the planets can tell a person all about themselves from just their birthdate/time/location, yet you suggest Astrology doesn't attempt to 'Predict' anything. (technically telling them about themselves without knowing is in fact Prediction)

In regards to Accuracy, 'Pretty much' Accurate, Pretty much leaves accuracy to the chance of being inaccurate. It's not like you've stated:

"Without shadow of a doubt it's 100% accurate and a person could show this to be accurate otherwise I will donate all my worldly possessions to charity. signed: Billy Paintstripper"

(The reason for the charity statement is because stating something of such a nature requires some form of collateral that is valued by the person making the claim that they will not want to lose, otherwise people make claims and lie without any fear of such loses.)

Okay here's a Test for you to do Billy to show your powers. In mathematics there is simple form of Trigonometry.

Code:
A+B= C
C-A = B
C-B = A

The assumption is that Result used to identify the component values of the mathematical Sum.

Now I'm not going to tell you my whole life, however you should by now already have decided about what make up my character is (Unless you've felt I'm somehow deceptive, but just remember that's your take and isn't astrological) You should be able to work out my age and star sign just by my interactions with you, since after all you are taking an output and attempting to work the mathematics the other way.

If you are up for the challenge then try it, otherwise you're succumbing to Astrology being a primitive legacy left to us by people that believed in magic.

<< We all do it, walking down the street you can fabricate peoples lives and what role they play without ever knowing them. We do this because of observation, we do this because in a society of interaction we need to have some pre-emptive clue about the people we deal with to make sure they are the right people or they aren't out to take us for a ride. >>

I'm sorry but its complete hogwash.

Observation doesn't even come into it. You can do a totally blind chart without any trouble whatsoever. Its not ideal..I mean it helps to know something about the background, creed or colour obviously. For example I wouldn't know what culture Enmos or SAM derived from..they could be poor immigrants, a rich toyboy and a blonde airhead ...as it happens its the other way around and Enmos and you are the airheads.

All I need to "observe" now is whether your blonde.

I suggest you go and buy a 'proper' astrology book and throw yours in the dustbin, Stryder.

<< yet you suggest Astrology doesn't attempt to 'Predict' anything. >>

No I didn't..I suggested that the word forecast was more accurate.

<< yet you suggest Astrology doesn't attempt to 'Predict' anything. >>

No I didn't..I suggested that the word forecast was more accurate.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/forecast said:
fore·cast (fôrkst, fr-)
v. fore·cast or fore·cast·ed, fore·cast·ing, fore·casts
v.tr.
1. To estimate or calculate in advance, especially to predict (weather conditions) by analysis of meteorological data. See Synonyms at predict.
2. To serve as an advance indication of; foreshadow: price increases that forecast inflation.
v.intr.
To calculate or estimate something in advance; predict the future.
n.
A prediction, as of coming events or conditions.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/forecast

as it happens its the other way around and Enmos and you are the airheads.

There's no need to resort to name calling. All I'm trying to put forwards that there is nothing Magic, Mystical or for that matter scientific about Astrology.

I'm going to have to give you an infraction for it though since we are trying to stop that sort of behaviour. I would let it slide but you didn't just fling your mud at me.

I suggest you go and buy a 'proper' astrology book and throw yours in the dustbin, Stryder.

Funnily enough that's where they all seem to belong, I'd rather spend my money on some contemporary fiction, or a nice meal, perhaps even going out at the weekend or better still the money spent on someone else.

I'm sorry but its complete hogwash.

Hogwash, you say?

Observation doesn't even come into it.

True, astrology is pure guesswork.

You can do a totally blind chart without any trouble whatsoever.

Of course, it's guesswork. That's no trouble at all.

Its not ideal..I mean it helps to know something about the background, creed or colour obviously.

Why is that obvious? Considering you haven't offered a shred of evidence or an explanation as to how astrology works, nothing about astrology could possibly be obvious.

And, it completely contradicts what you just said above, "Observation doesn't even come into it." Knowing the backgrounds, creeds and colors of the individual ARE observations, you twit.

For example I wouldn't know what culture Enmos or SAM derived from..they could be poor immigrants, a rich toyboy and a blonde airhead ...as it happens its the other way around and Enmos and you are the airheads.

Why should that make any difference whatsoever? Aren't people influenced by the planets and stars. Having millions of dollars as opposed to looking for your next scrap of food to eat should have absolutely nothing to do with it. Why should it matter if your blond or brunette? Would the horoscope drastically change if I colored my hair striped green and purple?

Isn't that an OBSERVATION?

For all the errors and contradictions you've bleated, should you be giving advice on a subject you haven't yet grasped yourself?

The answer to that isn't in the stars, pal.

...I'm going to have to give you an infraction for it though since we are trying to stop that sort of behaviour. I would let it slide but you didn't just fling your mud at me...

It's too bad there isn't an infraction for Chronic lying.

Listen to thee words of Rob Calvert and Michael Moorcock.

I just took a ride
in a silver machine
and I'm still feeling mean
I got a silver machine
Do you want to ride
see yourself going by
other side of the sky
Well I got a silver machine
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your Zodiac sign

It flies out of a dream
It's anti-septically clean
You're gonna know where I've been
In my silver machine

...and THATS how Astrology works!

<< Hogwash, you say? >>

Whats your problem? Can't you read?

Sure...Stryder claimed it was pure observation.

Most of my stuff and many others involves no observation whatsoever. Can it possibly BE any clearer than that or do you want turn yourself, Q, into the human equivalent of the wall with me attempted to engage it in meaningful discussion.

Listen to thee words of Rob Calvert and Michael Moorcock.

I just took a ride
in a silver machine
and I'm still feeling mean
I got a silver machine
Do you want to ride
see yourself going by
other side of the sky
Well I got a silver machine
It flies sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your Zodiac sign

It flies out of a dream
It's anti-septically clean
You're gonna know where I've been
In my silver machine

...and THATS how Astrology works!

Hmm thats interesting.. sideways in time ?
You mean like parallel universes ?

Most of my stuff and many others involves no observation whatsoever. Can it possibly BE any clearer than that or do you want turn yourself, Q, into the human equivalent of the wall with me attempted to engage it in meaningful discussion.

That's where you're confused. Stryder was simply trying to point that out. He did, you didn't get it, and you still don't get it.

If your discussion is SO meaningful, why is everyone having to explain so much to you while you blissfully ignore it?

Back