Votes: 7 58.3%
  • ... merely news.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ... bad news.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (???)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I find threads like these quite funny. Especially when the ginorants come in and say its about time and blabla not knowing that reform is part of the teachings of Islam, in the office of the Mujaddids themselves.

Again, what is this "movement" in Turkey that is so progressive?

You can't be serious.

Take a look around. Everybody's opportunities are the same. Women's roles amongst Turks have always been great, and they're improving. Education is great (would be better with more money, but hey, what can you do?). Ancient (un)Islamic laws were thrown out the window, and baseless hadiths are continuously being rejected. There's a balance between religion and secularism, and the culture in and of itself sustains this balance. Turks are the most modernized and progressive Muslims in the world. They say "a Turk's only friend is another Turk" - I think it's jealously others have for us.

Good to hear, religious freedom :D Far more progressive than some Western countries who ban those

lol nah im not from India. Born in Pakistan, then lived in parts of Africa, now parts of Europe.

In what sense of the word are you using "madrassas"?
Religious education, do you have a different word for it?

I know Turks use medresse for their educational institutions.

Probably because they invented the concept?

The madrasa system came into being during the period of Turkish rule, the first of such institutions formally supported by the state being a creation of the Turkish Seljuqs. In a more general sense too, the birth of the madrasa system owed much to Turkish initiative. It was developed in the region of Transoxiana and Khorasan, where Turks constituted a significant part of the population, and Turkish kings of the Qarakhanid, Ghaznawid, and Seljuq dynasties were the founders of the earliest of such schools. Turks appear, moreover, among the earliest bibliophiles and founders of libraries in Islam.

Anyway, I voted it's a good thing. You know, Turkey is kind of European and they kind of also remind me a little of Russian. At least all three have a long history together that dates back well well well before Islam. Probably sometime in the future Turkey and Europe and maybe Russia will have a basal level of Islam, Xian, Scientology, Baha'i, Mormon, Judaism, etc.. that will be found in pretty much any of the countries with the majority of people being secular. That is if things keep going as they are. If there is some sort of epidemic or WWIII well then who knows?

A good second step... (making the nation secular being the BIG great first step).

Religious education, do you have a different word for it?

Religion in school is taught to educate people on different religions. It's not for teaching people "facts" based off what certain religions say.

Ex. Muhammad is the Prophet of Islam; Jesus in Christianity, etc.

NOT: the Earth is 6K years old.

Nice try.

Probably because they invented the concept?

India must have adored it. They have 30,000 of them!

Anyway, I voted it's a good thing. You know, Turkey is kind of European and they kind of also remind me a little of Russian. At least all three have a long history together that dates back well well well before Islam. Probably sometime in the future Turkey and Europe and maybe Russia will have a basal level of Islam, Xian, Scientology, Baha'i, Mormon, Judaism, etc.. that will be found in pretty much any of the countries with the majority of people being secular. That is if things keep going as they are. If there is some sort of epidemic or WWIII well then who knows?

A good second step... (making the nation secular being the BIG great first step).

The further East you go in Turkey, the more it resembles M.E./Asian cultures/lifestyles. The further West you go, the more European you get.

Religion in school is taught to educate people on different religions. It's not for teaching people "facts" based off what certain religions say.

Ex. Muhammad is the Prophet of Islam; Jesus in Christianity, etc.

NOT: the Earth is 6K years old.

Nice try.

So where do the Turkish fundies get their daily bread?

India must have adored it. They have 30,000 of them!

Yes, its the only source of education for some very poor people too.

There is in fact, a silent but very large movement in madrassa reforms going on in India.

If you are interested here is a guy who has made a profession out of reporting on it.

http://madrasareforms.blogspot.com/

Curiously he's not even Muslim.

So where do the Turkish fundies get their daily bread?

When you're pulling this irrelevant, nonsensical garbage out of your ass, it's clear you're finished. Every Turk has a right to voice their opinion on Turkish matters - this is not a right exclusive to one group.

Yes, its the only source of education for some very poor people too.

There is in fact, a silent but very large movement in madrassa reforms going on in India.

If you are interested here is a guy who has made a profession out of reporting on it.

http://madrasareforms.blogspot.com/

Curiously he's not even Muslim.

Yeah, and every Turk is wealthy enough to get a good education. :rolleyes:

Your madrassas are for the poor - ours are established because we're all lunatics and fundies. Gotcha.

Back