Is this science?

@Aqueous Id - my mother worked on a hospital so when I was a kid I spent some of my childhood in the hospital, listen to patient's stories and see them and their problems. Later, I infiltrated for many many years under different pretexts in a mental illness hospital to observer patients with mental problems.

You will be amazed how smart they are some of them or how badly and severe problems have others of them.

@scheherazade - My journal is about change, as change is the essence of the universe. If nothing will not change, everything will be like frozen, and it will be like nothing will exists. So everything starts with a change. Just like the lobster story, if all the things will be the same everytime.. there will be no different results.

The same with the brain, playing all the time with the same information or the same way, you'll never pass a certain barrier.

@Dywyddyr - I'm not attacking you, I'm challenging your mind to see the complete puzzle, because you chosed to know only a portion of truth about me. Because simply telling you, will never work, as you will disconsider it before you understand. I never quit on a man until I'll make him understands me correctly and they all end up saying "Ooooh, now I see". You will be no different from other people, it's impossible not to understand me correctly now.. or later.

So I will repeat in new words what is it about: It is about change (I'll keep repeating that until you understand). I'm not a genius, I cannot be from the simple fact that I don't even want to use my mind. The entire journal is about a long string of changes that I met and survived to them by chance. Put in a single human this elements: birth, death, poverty, richness, different environments, different diseases, different accidents. Can you imagine how hard is to be stabbed, shot, stroke by two lightnings and go through three clinical deaths? You do not have to be a genius to understand how small is the chance to still be alive after all these experiences.

It's nothing genius in having accidents! I was asking myself if going through all these long string of different experiences, all this changes I lived could actually be science, because I didn't stop after only one experience, I kept going with new and new ones. The journal is not an evidence, it is a document help me find other people's conclusions about what happened.

Your conclusion is that its rubbish, but other people are entitled to an opinion too. It is no problem that you consider it rubbish, but I have to make sure that you understand correctly. I know that you are smart enough to understand that I'm actually not claiming anything, but just asking myself, you and others: "all these experiences I lived, was it just a long row of coincidences or there is actually a chance that the way I took the decisions could had actually be the reason I'm still alive".

Because if it wasn't chance, then not even you can't deny, that if it can be repeated by others, it will save a lot of lives. This way my mind works and the way I think, call it "telepathy", call it chance, call it however you want, I named it omnix.. and it looks like this: "(each element taken as one, taken as many, taken as all or taken as none) in the same time".It's nothing genius about that, is just one or more brain injuries that came after all this accidents I had and it's helping me find the right changes every time I think like that.

If you really want to make a change you can came up with an idea on how to show that I'm thinking in four different ways in the same time. Otherwise, I noted your opinion, my journal is rubbish, so everything you say from now on it doesn't add any new value to the conversation..

@Dywyddyr - I'm not attacking you
Really?
Claiming I lack emotion and that I'm robotic isn't an attack?

I'm challenging your mind to see the complete puzzle, because you chosed to know only a portion of truth about me.
False: what I know about you is what you have presented. Therefore any "lack" of knowing you is due to YOU not giving us the necessary information.

So I will repeat in new words what is it about: It is about change (I'll keep repeating that until you understand).
So why all the crap in the OP?

I'm not a genius, I cannot be from the simple fact that I don't even want to use my mind. The entire journal is about a long string of changes that I met and survived to them by chance.
What does that have to do with your nonsensical claims in the OP and your posts?

Because if it wasn't chance
And if it was?

This way my mind works and the way I think, call it "telepathy", call it chance, call it however you want, I named it omnix.
Unsupported claims.

it's helping me find the right changes every time
Unsupported claim.

If you really want to make a change you can came up with an idea on how to show that I'm thinking in four different ways in the same time.
It's YOUR claim. It's therefore up to you to show that you actually do.

Otherwise, I noted your opinion, my journal is rubbish, so everything you say from now on it doesn't add any new value to the conversation..
On the contrary, it's up to YOU to show that there's any worth in your journal. Otherwise this topic is nothing more than you promoting your self-delusion.

@Dywyddyr - That is my opinion about you, I didn't knew you will consider an attack. I noted your opinion - rubbish material and me delusional. You do not make the difference between a circus bear and me, you can command a circus bear to dance, because it is trained to dance. But I am a human, I have thoughts and feelings, with me you interact, you do not give me commands like "unsupported claim.. prove". I imposed my mind to always think like a 3 years boy.

So I'm like a baby, you must teach me to walk, you must teach me everything you say or do if you want to understand me and see through my eyes, through my mind. But that takes time, needs patience and a good reason (like love). You didn't try that and you have no obligation so there is a zero probability that you understand me. But I do understand you, and that is what I said before - you are imposing your superiority to a "child". I'm not attacking you because, just like @origin, you are not a bad man and you do not have bad intentions, you just don't have the patience to understand me.

Now, I don't expect you to approve what I said, because you did not understood that (there is not necessary reply with your robotic answer "unsupported claim" again, I understood that from the beginning).

@Emil - look here, there are 5 statements in that list. So here is how my mind works: in the first step only one statement is true, in the second step only a few statements are true, in the third step all the statements are true and in the forth step none of the statement is true. And I intersect all these steps and get a conclusion that will certainly become a reality (its like a prediction).

Because I accept and understand each of them individually, when I will meet a person that accepts only one, I will already know how he thinks because I already thought like him. The same with @Dywyddyr, I know how he thinks about me, because I see myself from his point of view, telling myself the things he is saying to me. It is easy for me to change my mind into other people points of view about anything, because I do not keep predetermined values.

Is this what is this determinism about? If yes, what is the use of it? How can I improve it or use is for something better than just playing with it like a toy, like I do now.

The question was:
Is this science?
How you define science?
@Emil - look here, there are 5 statements in that list.
Quoted from your link:
1 Immaterial souls are all that exist (Idealism).
2 Immaterial souls exist and exert a non-deterministic causal influence on bodies. (Traditional free-will, interactionist dualism).[14][15]
3 Immaterial souls exist, but are part of deterministic framework.
4 Immaterial souls exist, but exert no causal influence, free or determined (epiphenomenalism, occasionalism)
5 Immaterial souls do not exist — there is no mind-body dichotomy, and there is a Materialistic explanation for intuitions to the contrary.

... in the third step all the statements are true..
... and in the forth step none of the statement is true.
These statements are nonsense.(For example, five is not compatible with anything else.)
It is not my job, trying to see if some things are true what you say, so I characterize your ideas as nonsense.

Science works with evidences and proofs.
And I intersect all these steps and get a conclusion that will certainly become a reality (its like a prediction).
So if you can predict the future, means that you can predict gambling.
Send me $ 1M and I am ready to admit it is science, based on this proof.
(I think I can speak in the name of Dywyddyr, if you send him $ 1M, he is ready to accept as proof)
If you can not, it means what you say is only your imagination and not the reality.
Or maybe only my imagination. ( Solipsism )

@Dywyddyr - That is my opinion about you, I didn't knew you will consider an attack. I noted your opinion - rubbish material and me delusional. You do not make the difference between a circus bear and me, you can command a circus bear to dance, because it is trained to dance. But I am a human, I have thoughts and feelings, with me you interact, you do not give me commands like "unsupported claim.. prove". I imposed my mind to always think like a 3 years boy.
I'm not giving you a command. I'm asking you to comply with science (which is apparently what you're wishing your nonsense to be regarded as). I'm also expecting you to comply with the rules of this forum.

So I'm like a baby, you must teach me to walk, you must teach me everything you say or do if you want to understand me and see through my eyes, through my mind. But that takes time, needs patience and a good reason (like love).
Rubbish.

But I do understand you
Incorrect. See above.

@Emil - I like your answer, it is well documented. I only play to lottery on small prizes, yesterday for example I won a cap. I never played when there was a big prize, because I didn't liked how people treated me when I had a lot of money. But I like the way you put it, you said "send me", you didn't said "if you win", this is a change because 99% of people say "if" - and I love change.

@Dywyddyr - This time you reply a more human reply (I will just ignore the last two robotic replies). I don't wish to be regarded as science, I didn't said "This is science!", I said "Is this science?", and didn't just wanted a "yes/no" answer, but more detailed answers.

I think that the actual answer is this: It is not science because I did not showed proofs and evidences and these experiments cannot be repeated by somebody else with the same result. And because of that my experiments are just rubbish nonsense.

Is this correct now?

@Dywyddyr - This time you reply a more human reply (I will just ignore the last two robotic replies).
:rolleyes:

I don't wish to be regarded as science, I didn't said "This is science!", I said "Is this science?", and didn't just wanted a "yes/no" answer, but more detailed answers.
My mistake. I assumed that, since the answer was self-evident, you were looking for validation, rather than asking through ignorance.

I think that the actual answer is this: It is not science because I did not showed proofs and evidences and these experiments cannot be repeated by somebody else with the same result. And because of that my experiments are just rubbish nonsense.
Since your journal is full of unsupported assumptions it's obviously not science. Hence, the question, and thread, is redundant.

Is this correct now?
Correct.

Well, Dywyddyr, liviu may not know you, but seems to have determined how to word a post to get you to say the word 'correct'. ;)

Yeah, but "correct, you're wrong" isn't much of a "victory", is it? :p

It is a "victory" because this time you answered in the right way. What can I say, I like your human side more than your robotic side :)

Thanks everybody for the answers, I did get the feedback I wanted. (Hope that I did not annoyed some of you too much:) )

It is a "victory" because this time you answered in the right way.
Really?
And you consider that my other answers were somehow in error/ less than right?
Or do you mean that I simply gave an answer you were expecting/ looking for?

What can I say, I like your human side more than your robotic side :)
And another ridiculous assumption.

Thanks everybody for the answers, I did get the feedback I wanted. (Hope that I did not annoyed some of you too much:) )
Feedback you "wanted"?
Post #2 gave the correct answer. :rolleyes:

Back