Is Satan actually God wearing a mask?

sevenblu said:
nullus diabolus nullus redemptor

Believing in God and not believing in the Devil is naive. Both come together or neither at all. Without Evil, there would be no challenge for the divine...

I suspect that if the Devil (the second best-known figure in Christianity) can be excised from the Christian tradition, then any other figure might be eliminated as well. If Christ did not come to save us from the power of the devil, as the new testiment said, then perhaps he did not come to save us at all...

If there were no Evil and no Devil then virtue would wither for lack of challenge.

i agree you cant have one without the other, but you never will they are one.

virtue will always be here.
incidently there is no god/devil.
we're doing alright are we not.
it's only the religious nuts that are screwing thinks up, for they have the devil inside them.

Dreamwalker, there is in fact no such thing as good or evil.
It just is what it is. There has to be a positive and a negative for anything to work.
Everything needs to cycle.
So yes god created the 'human' ideas of good and evil. We have created these catergories for ourselves to label things that we like or not.
In terms of the whole universe, nothing is good or evil, it all works together to be what it is. Still as perfect as it ever was.
Dog eat dog.
God is everything now and always will be, but one day god will again be one.
Instead of billions of fragments as we are part of today.
But what is the good in being one?
Well, that is why me and you are here today.

Ah, I thought it would be something like that.

And yes, I agree with you on the good and evil thing. I have
stated so myself in another thread rather recently. Something
with good and evil in its title, I think. "All ya need is hate..." it was labeled I believe.

Anyway, I do not believe in the god you believe in, but that
alas is another thing altogether.

Thanks for explaining.

What do you believe Dreamwalker?
I only believe what I've written because I've had the most surreal experiences of anybody I've ever spoken to. No influence of others. For me, there can be no other way.

@ Bigal

What I believe in? Well, I try to keep it short.

I believe in action and reaction, on this everything is based. It can commonly be called nature. And that´s the nature of all things.
The only real question is, what caused the first action and was there ever a first action or just reactions.
Some people call it god, I call it nature. That is it in short. Nature, action and reaction.

Well, why should I not say it? It is true after all, there is no need to believe in a god to get strenght.
If you ask me it is all a matter of perspective and the amount of strenght every human has should be sufficent to live your life. :D

lol, holy babble
theres no point creating your own religion then spreading it, then u wont be an individual anymore

Who is creating and spreading his own religion?
I do not know, but don´t you need some kind of god
for a religion, some set of values, morals, commandments
and something you worship?
I just have a different perspective, not a new religion.

There is no such thing as good and evil.

That seems like taking the easy way out. Isn't good and evil basically different terms for right and wrong?

There's not such thing as right and wrong? I don't buy it.

Yes, I understand that things "are" and there is no way of changing them and we must learn to accept the world for what it is... but if there are no such thing as good and evil, then a baby raper is just a virtuous as a holy man (a real holy man, that is, not a baby raper pretending to be virtuous).

Isn't good and evil basically different terms for right and wrong?

Oho, that's a thread in itself. I personally wouldn't equate good and evil with right and wrong. And if you do, you have a tendency to see foreign cultures as evil because their rights and wrongs are not all the same. Don't forget, if they look at it the same way, we're the evil ones. Good and evil (to have any real meaning) would have to be much more than that.

"Who is creating and spreading his own religion?
I do not know, but don´t you need some kind of god
for a religion, some set of values, morals, commandments
and something you worship?
I just have a different perspective, not a new religion."

a different perspective is a different religion

Roman said:
I'm not passing judement on anyone Southstar, I'm curious to how God passes judgement, and the following quote explains how God passes judement.

Now, by using the reasoning faculties that God has bestowed upon his race of men (that his Churches discourage), I can reason that if you cut virgin's hearts out and devour them, then flay their body and wear their skin, you ain't goin where the angels fly. I wouldn't call this bit of reasoning passing judgement.

However, the question, which is still unanswered, did the bloodthirst Aztecs go to Hell? They behaved wickedly by God's standards, but they did not know Jesus or the "proper" way to behave. Nor did they know of God, so they could not believe in him.

So unless human sacrifice is under God's law (which he does ordain in the book of Joshua, I believe), the gentile Aztecs are in a lake of fire and fry.

Do you suggest God is to blame???

Of course they went to hell. There are people today who KNOW who Christ is but reject Him all the same. So you see, it really doesn't matter....

I know I don't make a lot of sense, its 4 AM over here. When I get back I'll show you the verse that PROVES beyond a doubt that they all go to hell.

mustafhakofi said:
God does not exist.

however ten of millions of sheep on this planet do think he or it does, and they even class him or it as the killer of humankind, Ie when theres a natural disaster It's deemed an act of god so Is he or it, not also the devil,

Is the "killer of humankind" not justified in "killing" His own property???

Of course He is, the Creator can do whatever He wants to the creation.

Dreamwalker said:
As a matter of fact, they should go to hell. They were after all worshipping idols, furthermore they prayed to various gods. This goes against gods commandments as far as I know.
Also, Jesus died for our sins, does it also mean he died for the sins of the Babylonians who prayed to gods thousands of years before Christianity was invented.

@§outh§tar

What do you mean? I said that I suffered from a christian upbringing. That´s not heresy. I just do not believe in Christianity any longer because their ideas are full of holes, filled with unlogic reasoning.

And why should I find strenght in god? I have enough strenght myself.

Well, it could have been Mormon, Latter Day.. whatever. That's what I was referring to :rolleyes:

...and WHO gives you that strength? Did your body learn to "manufacture" strength by its lonesome? :bugeye:

sevenblu said:
nullus diabolus nullus redemptor

Believing in God and not believing in the Devil is naive. Both come together or neither at all. Without Evil, there would be no challenge for the divine...

I suspect that if the Devil (the second best-known figure in Christianity) can be excised from the Christian tradition, then any other figure might be eliminated as well. If Christ did not come to save us from the power of the devil, as the new testiment said, then perhaps he did not come to save us at all...

If there were no Evil and no Devil then virtue would wither for lack of challenge.

That is an invalid opinion.

God, by definition, needs/has no challenge. Correct? Therefore the Devil is not a challenge.

Don't believe me? Read the first chapter of the book of Job.

That's the traditional Christian opinion. There's also the Mancihean opinion, which holds that there's a contest between Good and Evil that isn't essentially rigged from the start.

@ Alain

Perhaps you are right. Well, it is just a matter of perspective :D

@ SouthStar

Well, it could have been Mormon, Latter Day.. whatever. That's what I was referring to
...and WHO gives you that strength? Did your body learn to "manufacture" strength by its lonesome?

Now I see what you mean with the heresy part. Well, I was raised as an
Evangelist. But who cares, if it was catholic I would have reacted the same
way.

I have strength, I created it myself over the years. It´s not like I have to beg for it. If you velieve in yourself you gain strength, just like others who pray to god to gain strength. They only take a more roundabout way.

Back