Is Jesus God?

No, I don't think he thought so. He embodied the spirit of God, which is different. The trinity was made up long after.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity)

If Jesus is the Son, this would indicate he is G-d?

Yes, No? Can somebody give me a simple answer?

Yes, Jesus is God.
There is no trinity of equal persons in one God.
The trinity was a catholic compromise with Roman paganism.

When they asked Him to show them the Father, He said to them;
"Have I been with you so long, that you do not know when you see me you have seen the Father. John 14:9

Jesus is the express image of God.
He is God expressing Himself in man to man.
This expression of God in human flesh is what made Him a Son.
Jesus the "Son of God" is not the second God in a trinity of Gods.
He is God the Father expressed in human flesh as the Son of God.
The firstborn among many brethren. The beginning of the creation of God.

Last edited:
Yes, Jesus is God.

When they asked Him to show them the Father, He said to them;
"Have I been with you so long, that you do not know when you see me you have seen the Father. John 14:9

Jesus is the express image of God.
He is God expressing Himself in man to man.
This expression of God in human flesh is what made Him a Son.
Jesus the "Son of God" is not the second God in a trinity of Gods.
He is God the Father expressed in human flesh as the Son of God.
The firstborn among many brethren. The beginning of the creation of God.

Thank you Visitor, that is helpful. Just one question. Do you speak for all Christians?

Yes, Jesus is God.
Incorrect. Catholicism didn't exist at the time, anyway.
The trinity was developed and generally accepted by Christians about a century or so before the Council of Nicaea, 325. Nicaea just confirmed the trinity, and defined it in a precise manner. It was not at all a compromise with polytheism, as Trinitarian theology was clearly monotheistic, like all permutations of Christian theology.

The Japanese have the Shinto Trinity.
The Hindu have the Trimurti.
The Tamil have the Ayyavazhi triune God.
There's the Triple Goddess in neo-pagan Wicca.
The Zoroastrian Ahura trinity.

and I am sure many many many many more religious trinities all over the world from all points in time.

heh... must be true then huh? I mean, that's the typical monotheistic-like argument.

Yahweh is spelled thus. This superstition of not fully typing out the name of the Christian god comes from the Hebrew tradition in which the word יהוה is vocalized variously as "YAH-weh" or "YAH-veh" and also referred to has "Ye-HO-vah" in Masoretic texts.

Superstition held that the name was "too holy" to be actually uttered and other terms were used instead. This superstition found its way into writing and many today either superstitiously hold to it or, more likely, omit vowels so as to look pious. Those that are attempting to look pious are simply seeking status among their peers rather than actually seeking to venerate a supernatural deity.

In short: its superstition.

Thank you Visitor, that is helpful. Just one question. Do you speak for all Christians?
I believe Hapsberg just answered that for you.

Incorrect. Catholicism didn't exist at the time, anyway.
The trinity was developed and generally accepted by Christians about a century or so before the Council of Nicaea, 325. Nicaea just confirmed the trinity, and defined it in a precise manner. It was not at all a compromise with polytheism, as Trinitarian theology was clearly monotheistic, like all permutations of Christian theology.

The pagan trinity doctrine of Christianity is a tradition that has been taught as truth to those who don't understand it for nearly two thousand years.
The very theologians who support it claim it is impossible for man to understand.
The Bible says the truth is so simple a child could not err therein.
Which would you choose to believe?
There is no trinity of Gods.

Humans are triune.
Body, spirit, soul.

I am a human, a father, a son.
In the same way God has three "offices".
God is the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost.
One person, not three.
That's heathen.

Jesus said God was His father.
Mary was overshadowed and conceived of the Holy Ghost.
Jesus didn't have two different fathers.

He said; "When you see Me you've seen the Father".

It's not something I want to argue about though.
It's just the way I see it.
Others may see it differently.

Last edited:
How does a ghost provide 23 chromosomes. DNA is a physical substance. If a ghost has DNA, is it no longer a ghost?

What is the evidence that Jesus ever existed in the first place?

Since none exists, then we can only look at the literary value of the mythology and what the authors intended to portray regarding Jesus. Did the authors intend for Jesus to be understood as a god or is this a speculation and interpretation made by people at a later date?

The pagan trinty doctrine of Christianity has become tradition and has been taught as truth to those who don't understand it for nearly two thousand years.
The very theologians who support it claim it is impossible for man to understand.
The Bible says the truth is so simple a child could not err therein.
There is no trinity of God.

Human are triune.
Body, spirit, soul.

I am a human, a father, a son.

God is the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost.
One person, not three.
That's heathen.

Jesus said God was His father.
Mary was overshadowed and conceived of the Holy Ghost.
Jesus didn't have two different fathers.

Yes, very simple, as God is so am I, God is a three part individual, acting as Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost..

Father...Judge

Son......The Intercessor, Savior.

Holy Ghost....Spirt

We as Humans are created in his image, so what is so hard to understand?

Faith, as a child has Faith that his father will protect him.

Simple.

Where, precisely, is this "triune" idea described in Christian mythology?

I'm aware of some passages that contradict it, but I know of none that mention it.

In 1 Timothy, Jesus is referred to as a "mediator" between men and god. He isn't called a god. One would think that the author of 1 Timothy would have said "god" if that's what he understood it to be.

In John, we get a clear picture that Jesus is inferior to his god ("the father") and the so-called holy ghost is inferior to both Jesus *and* god. (John 13:16; 14:26; 16:7).

It stands (English) for YHWH.

Actually god doesn't stand for YHWH. Xtians try to abscond with God, but it is still actually a generic term appropriate to any cult's god.

But why are you afraid to put the "o" in there?

Is your god such a bitch he is going to splat you for spelling god correctly?

Why didn't you leave out any letters of YHWH? That's the actual spelling of god's name in Hebrew instead of a generic term in English. Do you leave out any letter for Allah? What about Kali?

How could misspelling be good but spelling correctly is bad?

Does it have to be a dash? Could I use gzd or g!d?

I don't get why you are giving god a hard time.

Where, precisely, is this "triune" idea described in Christian mythology?

I'm aware of some passages that contradict it, but I know of none that mention it.

HEBREWS 4:12
For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Soul, spirit and body.

Humans are triune.
Body, spirit, soul.

Right.

That seems relatively unambiguous. But could it be interpreted in the Gnostic tradition as, ""When you see Sophia you've seen the Father" ?

It's not something I want to argue about though.
It's just the way I see it.
Others may see it differently.

Thanks for the feedback.

I believe Hapsberg
It's a "u", not an "e". Do you have no concept of the difference between vowels? :bugeye:

The pagan trinity doctrine of Christianity
I just about had an aneurysm when I read this half of the sentence.
I don't understand why it's so hard to get it through your thick fucking head: the trinity is not a pagan/polytheist concept. It is clearly monotheistic; yes, it's a tricky and sometimes confusing monotheistic viewpoint. But it is monotheist nonetheless.

is a tradition that has been taught as truth to those who don't understand it for nearly two thousand years.
If that is true, then why it is it a well-defined concept, and why can I understand it? :rolleyes:

Back