Votes: 5 14.7%
  • A Woman's Choice

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • A Crude Form of Birth Control

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Unfortunate but Often Necessary

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
Live and let live. Don't let hate dictate your actions or opinions.
Who's hating. There are two sides to every proposition, and they are certain to disagree. If I can't paint my opinions with flowers and pretty shades of pink, it's because I want to be as honest as possible.

"Why are right-wingers such unpleasant people?"
"Only because they disagree with leftists."

Leftists "make" right-wingers unpleasant and angry? How you act is your responsibility, no one else's.
We're assuming, of course, that Leftists are the most pleasant people on the Earth. It would seem that both sides turn each other's handle. I personally believe it's a collision of opposing beliefs that they find objectionable.

Bowser said:
I personally believe it's a collision of opposing beliefs that they find objectionable.

I think it also complicates things when one side of a dispute constantly requires redefinition of words in order to find merit for their argument. You know, like trying to erase the difference between fertilization and conception.

Or between supremacism and equality.

And, yeah, when one is on the side that keeps up with those dishonest sleights, they have every reason to want to reduce the issue to "a collision of opposing beliefs that they find objectionable".

We're assuming, of course, that Leftists are the most pleasant people on the Earth.
?? Leftists (and rightists) are like anyone else. Some are great, some are despicable, most are average.
I personally believe it's a collision of opposing beliefs that they find objectionable.
I think it has a lot to do with intolerance. Tolerance of other people's decisions goes a long way. Live and let live.

Last edited:
?? Leftists (and rightists) are like anyone else. Some are great, some are despicable, most are average.

I think it has a lot to do with intolerance. Tolerance of other people's decisions goes a long way.

Many people feel the unborn's voices are not being heard, due to liberal intolerance for the unborn. The unborn are not ever treated as alive or human allowing them to be dismissed and silenced. Some people think the children come first and give them a voice.

Many people feel the unborn's voices are not being heard, due to liberal intolerance for the unborn. The unborn are not ever treated as alive or human allowing them to be dismissed and silenced. Some people think the children come first and give them a voice.
Oh, that's funny. When was the last time you heard the voice of an unborn? Maybe you need to see a psychiatrist? Depending on age, unborns don't even have brains.

Many people feel the unborn's voices are not being heard, due to liberal intolerance for the unborn. The unborn are not ever treated as alive or human allowing them to be dismissed and silenced.
i don't believe this so much as ... it is difficult to establish when something becomes "alive" or "sentient"
it is not about intolerance for the unborn any more than it is about Karaoke, living carefree, hating kids, pedophilia, McDonalds kids meals or using abortion as birth control...
so equating the rights of a woman with "liberal intolerance for the unborn" is an argument that is about creating hate and derision, otherwise you would not have said
Some people think the children come first and give them a voice
you are making assumptions based upon your personal emotional state
IOW- you are arguing with personal conjecture

i don't believe this so much as ... it is difficult to establish when something becomes "alive" or "sentient"
it is not about intolerance for the unborn any more than it is about Karaoke, living carefree, hating kids, pedophilia, McDonalds kids meals or using abortion as birth control...
so equating the rights of a woman with "liberal intolerance for the unborn" is an argument that is about creating hate and derision, otherwise you would not have said

you are making assumptions based upon your personal emotional state
IOW- you are arguing with personal conjecture
Unfortunately, this is what right wing politics has been reduced to, the politics of division, hate, fear, ignorance, and deception.

Unfortunately, this is what right wing politics has been reduced to, the politics of division, hate, fear, ignorance, and deception.
sorry, i disagree
IMHO- you should correct that to say
Unfortunately, this is what politics has been reduced to...
i am not a fan of politics at all.. but that is just me

Christian Terrorism in the United States

Samantha Allen↱ of the Daily Beast offers the grim overview:

According to statistics gathered by the National Abortion Federation (NAF), there have been 186 arsons committed against abortion providers since 1976—an average of over 4 per year. There have also been approximately 40 bombings over the same time period. In fact, a Planned Parenthood clinic located an hour and a half north of the Pullman health center was bombed in 1996, leading to the sentencing of four Idaho men who belonged to an antigovernment militia.

On one hand, then, it is easy to speculate that this latest arson could have been provoked by the same CMP viral videos that prompted a dozen or more state investigations into Planned Parenthood, and that provided Senate Republicans with the motive for an unsuccessful attempt to defund the women's health provider early last month.

But on the other hand, this could have simply been the Pullman center's time. Abortion clinics get burned. It is shocking, yes, but also, horrifically unsurprising.

There is some incongruity in that last paragraph; "shocking" and "unsurprising" are not the most harmonious terms. Appalling, perhaps, given the oft-used formulation of being "shocked and appalled". But at this point, there is nothing at all shocking about the idea of Christian terrorism against health clinics.

If religious extremists identifying as Muslim averaged four terror attacks a year inside the United States, and without the FBI setting them up and egging them on, what, really, do you think Americans would be saying right now? Yet Operation Rescue can actually claim credit for terrorism, as they did in 2011, and, hey, they're Christians, so ... what, then? It's okay?

Seriously, what the hell is going on here?

With the Pullman attack, everybody seems to be betting on Christians, and they have good historical reason. True, it would be quite ironic if this time it turned out to be a random arsonist, but statistically such an outcome would greatly defy the typologies for arson in general and against medical clinics in particular.

We'll have to see what comes. But it's also true, it is hard to be both "shocking" and "unsurprising" at once.

Notes:

Allen, Samantha. "The Planned Parenthood Arson is an Outrage Because We Could Have Seen It Coming". The Daily Beast. 5 September 2015. TheDailyBeast.com. 8 September 2015. http://thebea.st/1JOFTsX

?? I think it has a lot to do with intolerance. Tolerance of other people's decisions goes a long way. Live and let live.
Can we make someone do what we want. I mean, an alcoholic is going to drink whether we approve or not, right? Regardless of his choice, I still think it's wrong.

Bowser said:
Can we make someone do what we want. I mean, an alcoholic is going to drink whether we approve or not, right? Regardless of his choice, I still think it's wrong.

Er ... do I even want to know what that is supposed to mean?

truck captain said:
IMHO- you should correct that to say
Unfortunately, this is what politics has been reduced to...
i am not a fan of politics at all.. but that is just me
That isn't true. Left wing politics has not been reduced to the state right wing politics has. There is no left wing political equivalent of the current Republican "T" Party, anti-abortion crowd, neo-Confederate jackalpack, etc. There is no leftwing correlative of having a guy like this http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-climate-change-religion-1429832149 chairing governmental committees with actual power and influence. There is no leftwing equivalent of having the governor of one's State push for mandatory transvaginal ultrasounds prior to any abortion performed in their State.

The degradation of US politics has been a onesided operation, a forty year successful filthification of democratic politics and representative political discourse by an organized cadre of professionals with all the media influence money can buy.

"Politics" is not the problem here.

Er ... do I even want to know what that is supposed to mean?
It means abortion is currently legal. The SC has already decided on the issue and I don't see our legislators amending the Constitution any time in the near future. Though I am strongly opposed to abortion, it is not within my power to prevent a woman from killing her unborn child.

I'm rather surprised, Tiassa. Your posts are usually a long and windy path, The brevity of the above is not keeping within your character. Thank you.

That isn't true. Left wing politics has not been reduced to the state right wing politics has
we will have to agree to disagree then... the way i see it: all politics has degraded period
you might see some justification or nobility in one party, wing, side or belief, but i don't. i see it all as crap
IMHO- it is all self-serving and in need of restructuring or fixing

Bowser said:
I'm rather surprised, Tiassa. Your posts are usually a long and windy path, The brevity of the above is not keeping within your character. Thank you.

I actually forgot what thread we were in, and nearly replied to you in a different context. And then I realized you weren't pulling a Rick Perry, because that's a different subject, but then I thought maybe the same issue sort of applies, and then I realized that isn't fair, either, because your context makes even less sense than Rick Perry's.

So it's true, I couldn't figure out what you meant. And now that you've explained the point―

It means abortion is currently legal. The SC has already decided on the issue and I don't see our legislators amending the Constitution any time in the near future. Though I am strongly opposed to abortion, it is not within my power to prevent a woman from killing her unborn child.

―and seem to be pulling a variation on the Perry, I would remind that metaphors and other figurative comparisons only work so far, each depending on its conditions and relationship with what it describes.

It's a bit of a stretch, is all I'm saying. If the question of whether or not you like it is the point of comparison, it's not exactly useful except, in a weird way, for demonstrating a lack of human sympathy. You know, kind of like if I claimed I would never try to outlaw conservative political speech because though I disdain when the birds shit all over everything it's part of nature and therefore not within my power to prevent dangerously irresponsible and excessively cheap political rhetoric.

In truth, however, the real reason I wouldn't try to outlaw conservative political speech is because I respect human rights, including the right to free speech and assembly. You know, kind of like letting the KKK march down Main Street.

Back