Intellectually Dishonest Atheists Should Be Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hapsburg: What the hell are you talking about? Biblical tales don't stretch back 200,000 years. The Bible is highly exaggerated in places and is quite inconsistent. It's not that good of a historical sourcebook, in comparison to the numerous numerical records from the period.[/QUOTE]

M*W: Good to see you, mein liebnich!

001300000.jpg

Name one! I'll bet you cant find ONE 2thousand year old book that isnt practically meaningless to todays scientists?
Actually:

Ancient texts have been useful in archaeology and particularly astronomy - match historical observation to astronomical prediction.

Where u been?? :p

It's not the historical accounts that I think of as false. It's the interpretations placed on those accounts, and the belief systems derived from those interpretations.

the idea that the flood cleansed the world of evil...a little bit must have got stuck on the ark

The idea that 2 of every animal could be put on the same ark from the same area....and the Earth is only ~10,000 years old.

The atheists at this board who psycotically deny that the Bible is the most accurate account of 2,000 plus years of ancient history should be banned from this board, they treat other ancient books as writ, yet single out the Bible as being supposedly fictitious, surely insane.

It's great that you value our freedom of speech. :)

The atheists at this board who psycotically deny that the Bible is the most accurate account of 2,000 plus years of ancient history should be banned from this board, they treat other ancient books as writ, yet single out the Bible as being supposedly fictitious, surely insane.

'Truth' is so often inconvenient...Perhaps banning is a commoner occurrence on religious sites?

Torah = the pentateurch, or
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy

You find these in the Old Testament.

The Bible = Old & New Testament, and some apocrypha (depending on your religion).

The most recent archaelogical evidence shows that the Israelites were originally hill dwelling Caananites. There was no Exodus. Judges and the Book of Joshua appear to be mostly garbage– Jericho was a small village. It didn't even have walls.

Translation:

Ban anyone who confronts me and forces me to rational the absurdities I’m absolutely convinced about.
The forum should take an institutional stand and choose sides.

Prevent others from belittling by childish mind and from constantly reminding me what I am in comparison.

Censor reason.

The thread topic was a joke, satyr, in response to people like Med Woman.

Oh, so you've changed the topic when it suits you! A good little Christian you are... similar to changing the word of God where it fits your needs! Ring a bell. Wait, don't answer that, because you'll just deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back