I'm a Christian, flame me.

We don't do that here.
We will argue spiritedly...

Welcome to SciForums.

Peace.

mcflytrap,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Christians except for their religious beliefs.

And feel free to introduce a Christian based argument and we will be sure to pull it apart and trash it appropriately. :D But hopefully leave you intact, at least not too burnt.

And a warm (flames) welcome to sciforums.

Hhave fun
Cris

Welcome to Sciforums.

!@%!%!$%!@#$$%!^!@%^@$%@%!#%&^&@^*@Q$&!#^!#^&@$&*!@$&@$%&!%^@%&@&@$&^!@^!@#&^@$&@@@@@@%^!&^@$&&^#%^&%*&#

:D :D :D

Welcome to Sciforums

How about this one ... um ... okay ... ready?

Why bother? Keep up that approach and God will take care of the flames Himself.

But, yes ... welcome to Sciforums.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

I'm a Christian, flame me.
I can't really flame you until you say something stupid. Just because all christians I know say stupid things eventually, is not reason to flame you. I am an optimist. Perhaps you will say something unstupid such as, "Just kidding."

Originally posted by mcflytrap
I can take it.
Welcome to sciforums.

If flaming = ad hominem, then pls direct your request at

tony1 - the most active flamer on the board

kalvinB - another stellar flamer.

:D

McFly:

I have placed (mentally) an ascot around your neck - pink. Large sequined glasses on the end of your nose. Balck Pleather buttless chaps on your legs, and high-heeled pink-studded heels on your feet....on your head, a way-too small tophat - bright neon blue.

Consider yourself flamed! Or flaming as it would be....golly, you sure look pretty!

Ok, that was a good start. Now what's the latest topic? Anybody have any questions or whatnot to throw at me? I will answer them to the best of my knowledge, and be respectful at the same time. I only ask that I receive the same in return.

On another note, it's nice to have a place that is actually dedicated to discussing religious issues. My home (aka Harmony Central Guitar Forums) is really not the proper place for this sort of thing.

-mcfly-

Originally posted by Cris
And feel free to introduce a Christian based argument and we will be sure to pull it apart and trash it appropriately. :D But hopefully leave you intact, at least not too burnt.

And a warm (flames) welcome to sciforums.

Hhave fun
Cris

I'll start by saying I will be completely honest in agreeing that I am no religious scholar. You may well be able to point out some things that you believe to be contradictions and the like in the Bible, and I may or may not have a counter-argument.

I will, however, atest to the fact that I am a born-again Christian. I believe, not because of what my parents believe, but because I have felt the power of the Lord first hand. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You can criticize me till your blue in the face, but when I'm talking to God...nothing of what you say will enter my mind. I have witnessed miracles and exorcisms....healings and changed lives. I need no proof, for proof lies in what my eyes have seen and my ears have heard.

How's that for starters?

-mcfly-

Originally posted by Aut-postius
McFly:

I have placed (mentally) an ascot around your neck - pink. Large sequined glasses on the end of your nose. Balck Pleather buttless chaps on your legs, and high-heeled pink-studded heels on your feet....on your head, a way-too small tophat - bright neon blue.

Consider yourself flamed! Or flaming as it would be....golly, you sure look pretty!

LOL! Pink is not my color...

Myfly,

I will, however, atest to the fact that I am a born-again Christian. I believe, not because of what my parents believe, but because I have felt the power of the Lord first hand. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You can criticize me till your blue in the face, but when I'm talking to God...nothing of what you say will enter my mind. I have witnessed miracles and exorcisms....healings and changed lives. I need no proof, for proof lies in what my eyes have seen and my ears have heard.

How's that for starters?
Good start.

Firstly the old idea that seeing-is-believing is generally considered false. The senses can often be easily deceived and cannot be trusted. Truths lie in independent (of the senses) experimentation, measurements, and observations. Without these you won’t know if what you think is truth is actually truth.

Naturally your beliefs in being born again, your claimed relationship with JC, and your alleged witnessing of supernatural events, will be all be the result of emotional indoctrination. I suspect you have been told to depend entirely on faith and that reason is a real danger and must be ignored.

In effect you have surrendered your intellect to a belief in irrational mythologies, superstitions, and fantasies.

How’s that for a start?

Cris

I don't have a problem with Christians, I just have a problem with people like Sir. Loone.

Welcome to sciforums :)

*Originally posted by Cris
And feel free to introduce a Christian based argument and we will be sure to pull it apart and trash it appropriately.

The atheist dream in a nutshell.

So far, you haven't done very well in trashing anything other than some Catholic stuff which you and others consistently mistake for Christianity.

*Originally posted by Xev
Here, we eat slimy nitwits like you for breakfast. Your insipid theistic babbling won't stand a chance.

It sounds like the hash you've been smoking has some mold on it, perhaps of an ergot strain.

*Originally posted by G0D
tony1 - the most active flamer on the board

Gone for a month and I'm STILL the most active flamer on the board?
Doesn't say much for the state of flaming here.
BTW, when have I flamed anyone?
Presenting statements that you don't agree with doesn't count as flaming.

*Originally posted by mcflytrap
I will, however, atest to the fact that I am a born-again Christian.

So you disagree with the following...?

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Colossians 3:3, KJV).

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
(Colossians 2:20, KJV).

For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

(Romans 6:7,8, KJV).

The reason that atheist and witches imagine they are trashing Christianity, is that they are trashing the false doctrine which many Christians happen to believe.
The Christians who believe false doctrine believe it because they don't know the Bible.

There are some things about being born-again that you should know.

1. Fathers don't give birth.
2. We follow in Jesus' footsteps.

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
(1 Peter 2:21, KJV).

3. We become born again the same way that Jesus became born again.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
(Colossians 1:18, KJV).

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(Revelation 1:5, KJV).

There is also the description of the born-again which Jesus gave us to assist us in the detection of the born-again.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(John 3:6, KJV).

I'm guessing that you're doing your typing with the flesh body you got during your first birth.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
(John 3:8, KJV).

If people can tell where you're coming from and where you're going then you're not born again yet.

The same way you got a new body with your first birth is the way you'll get a new body with your second birth.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(1 Corinthians 15:44, KJV).

When does that happen?

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(1 Corinthians 15:52, KJV).

You may have to wait a while.

*Originally posted by Cris
Firstly the old idea that seeing-is-believing is generally considered false.

That's a major switcheroo for you, Cris.
Isn't the scientific method based entirely on seeing-is-believing?
At least, that's what you and many others have been arguing on this forum for some time.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Colossians 3:3, KJV).

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
(Colossians 2:20, KJV).

For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
(Romans 6:7,8, KJV). There are some things about being born-again that you should know.

1. Fathers don't give birth.
2. We follow in Jesus' footsteps
---------------------------------------
Two points I want to make as you said you follow in the footsteps of Jesus but he taught you shouldn't follow any teaching by men and those verses you taught are from men

Second, Jesus told you not to follow the Prophets of the Old Testament and that has to include the Bible as over half is from those men.

Mark 7 6,7

"Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocritesm as it is written:

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain, their teachings are but rules taught by men,"

Jeremiah 23 9-16 prophets of the Bible

"My heart is broken within me:

all my bones trmeble.

I am like a drunken man,

Like a man overcome by wine,

because of the Lord

and his Holy words.

The land is full of adulterers,

because of the curse the

Land lies parched

and the pastures in the desert are withered.

The Prophets follow an evil course

and use their power unjustly.

Both prophet and priest are Godless,

Even in my temple I find their wickedness. declares the Lord"

"Therefore their path will become slippery,

they will be banished to darkness

and there they will fall.

I will bring disaster on them

in the year they are punished, declares the Lord"

"Among the prophets of Samaria

I saw this repulsive thing:

They prophesied bt Baal

and led my peope Isreal astray.

And among the prophets of Jerusalem

I have seen something horrible.

They commit adultry and live a lie.

They strenghthen the hands of evildoers,

so that no one turns from his wickedness.

They are like Sodom to me:

The people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah.

I will make them eat bitter food

and drink poisoned water,

because from the prophets of Jerusalem

ungodliness has spread throughout the land"

John 8 54-59

"If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing.

My Father, whom you claim as your God,

is the one who glorfies me"

Luke 24 25,26

"How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Did not Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?"

*Originally posted by Xev
Oh you really, really don't understand athiests, do you?

Sure I do...

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God....
(Psalms 14:1, KJV).

*We don't dream of disproving X-tianity..... *

It's an impossible dream, isn't it?

*Oh yes he has.*

That's the ergot talking.
You haven't been here very long.
Cris' normal response is to place me on his ignore list because he can't refute my arguments.
My favorite occurrence was when he argued for evolution on the basis of genetic complexity.
I was on his ignore list for a long time after I pointed out that the Brazilian horned frog is at the top of the pile.

*You call your pitiful attempts at insult and adolescent emotionalism flaming?*

You don't 'get' reading, do you?

1. I don't call anything I post flaming.
2. Only those who can't refute what I say call it "pitiful attempts at insult and adolescent emotionalism."

*Ah, no. Perhaps you need to read what Cris said: *

Again, I'll point out that you haven't been here very long.
Most of the antichristian posting here leans heavily toward arguing pro-science, and in turn argues the science is the way to go because it is based on observation.

You appear to be arguing that while science is based on observation, scientists don't believe what they see?
Is that what you're saying, or are you saying that science is NOT based on observation?

Hint: observation means seeing in one form or another.

*Originally posted by justagirl
Two points I want to make as you said you follow in the footsteps of Jesus but he taught you shouldn't follow any teaching by men and those verses you taught are from men

He didn't teach that.
Besides, he said a person would have to be born again, and that born again people can't be seen, and that he would die and that we would follow.
Thus, he taught the same thing that those "men" taught.

*Second, Jesus told you not to follow the Prophets of the Old Testament and that has to include the Bible as over half is from those men. *

He didn't tell me that, either.
What he did say was...

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
(John 5:46, KJV).

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
(Luke 24:27, KJV).

That's sort of like, opposite to what you're saying.

...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
(Matthew 22:29, KJV).

*Luke 24 25,26

"How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Did not Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?"

I see that your method of reading has you thinking that to believe the prophets is to be slow of heart and foolish.
Jesus did say just after that, that Moses and ALL of the prophets wrote of him, so I think your spin on things is contradictory.

Back