If you were god what would you do differently?

For starters, I would cure all diseases and disabilities and I would also eradicate all forms of pain.

Last edited:
Shallow answer. A poor attempt at appearing thoughtful, as usual.

Shallow answer. A poor attempt at appearing thoughtful, as usual.

shrug.jpg

Also I would turn all water into sarsperilla cordial. I don't care about the negative impacts I would do it anyway because it would be delicious... right up to the point all the crops die out and we starve to death... but yum!

It's got electrolytes!

Assuming god is omnipotent. If god being omnipotent means that he can only freely control the physical world (All matter and Physical Rules and Constants) to any extent, but not omnipotent in other unimaginable/inconceivable/non-understandable concepts then god might still have limitations by another unimaginable concepts, so he could still have goals (Reason to do anything).

But if god being omnipotent meant free control of the physical world and the ability to create an infinity of new concepts and freely control each of these concepts. That means God would have achieved totally everything. In this case, if I were him, I'd be apathetic at doing anything.

Some would ask, “How could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil.” They have missed a greater conundrum: “Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"
— Sister Miriam Godwinson, Alpha Centauri

Assuming god is omnipotent. If god being omnipotent means that he can only freely control the physical world (All matter and Physical Rules and Constants) to any extent, but not omnipotent in other unimaginable/inconceivable/non-understandable concepts then god might still have limitations by another unimaginable concepts, so he could still have goals (Reason to do anything).

But if god being omnipotent meant free control of the physical world and the ability to create an infinity of new concepts and freely control each of these concepts. That means God would have achieved totally everything. In this case, if I were him, I'd be apathetic at doing anything.

Some would ask, “How could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil.” They have missed a greater conundrum: “Why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Would a perfect God ever get bored? Let's see you know every thing that has ever happened and you know every thing that's going to happen. But if you don't exist you can't get bored. But pesky humans just won't leave well enough alone will they?

*If you were god what would you do differently?*

Any of these might do:

Sagan, writing from beyond the grave (actually his new book, The Varieties of Scientific Experience, is an edited version of his 1985 Gifford Lectures), asks why, if God created the universe, he left the evidence so scant. He might have embedded Maxwell's equations in Egyptian hieroglyphs. The Ten Commandments might have been engraved on the moon. "Or why not a hundred-kilometer crucifix in Earth orbit?... Why should God be so clear in the Bible and so obscure in the world?"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=scientists-on-religion&page=2

Its the truth. How can you criticize Gods work, you have no idea what is going on?

First of all, if we have no idea what's going on, how do you know it's the truth? See, you trap yourself in your own circular logic. Second, I can see the universe around me, and I can see its deficiencies. Life exists on a knife's edge in the universe, and is constantly under threat from hazards beyond its control, like natural disasters, meteor strikes, gamma ray bursts pointed in the wrong direction, neighboring supernovae, etc.. And that doesn't even get into the absurdity of "God's" design of life itself. I mean, just look at humans. You're telling me someone designed you? You, with your genitalia right next to your anus? You, with one hole to breathe, eat, and drink from? You, with your weak vision and lousy hearing?

If you spent as much time paying attention in school as you do making absurd proclamations on an internet forum, you probably wouldn't say such embarrassingly ignorant things.

No, I'm just quoting you.

From when? Best I can remember, you say that same thing quite often. It's just one more of your sarcastic non-answers that trolls like you love to flood forums with in lieu of reasoned arguments.

From when? Best I can remember, you say that same thing quite often. It's just one more of your sarcastic non-answers that trolls like you love to flood forums with in lieu of reasoned arguments.

Will the irony never end ...

:shrug:

Will the irony never end ...

:shrug:

We should tally your posts, and see how many are just empty little comments like that. It would be interesting to see just how few of your posts are actual contributions to the conversation.

We should tally your posts, and see how many are just empty little comments like that. It would be interesting to see just how few of your posts are actual contributions to the conversation.

We should tally your posts, and see how many are just bossy little comments like that. It would be interesting to see just how few of your posts are actual contributions to the conversation.

It's a good point, and it essentially renders the ontological argument useless for the purposes of demonstrating the existence of a creator god, since the greatest being imaginable is one that is perfectly complete. In fact the concept essentially becomes an immutable singularity.

Back