If religion is the opiate of the masses, what gets atheists high?

istockphoto_155601_pain_and_agony.jpg

As I look back at my life, I can say that any bitterness I may have comes from the places I never got to see, the people I never met, and the things I never got around to doing

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD

Atheism has always been a tool for Political Opportunism.

The Protestant Princes in Germany and Henry the VIII in England attacked Catholicism simply so they could confiscate the Wealth of the Church.

Again, during the French Revolution, when the Aristocracy was asked to contribute more into the National Treasury, they replied with arguments of Atheism in order to push the financial burden onto what then remained of the Church. This Finger Pointing was the Age of Enlightenment.

Might they have been sincere about their Atheism. No way. These people were well read and must have known of legitimate Saints. yes, today, when everybody is stupid and ignorant it is easy to suppose that people who don't know anything will not know anything about Spirituality, but the 'Great Minds' of the French Enlightenment, who institutionalized modern Atheism, all worked for interested patrons, and were intellectually not much better than lawyers, who we know will say anything as long as the check clears.

Voltaire had been the greatest of the Atheists, until he was put in charge of developing a National Lottery... well, honest as he was, he rigged it so that with sufficient economic backing he could play the odds and effectively 'buy' the lottery. he did and became independently wealthy. As soon as he was INDEPENDENTLY wealthy, and not writing for his politically interested patrons, he backtracked on his Atheism.

Anyway, simply speaking, where Government and Society are in the hands of Religion then the Political Opportunists will attack it with Atheism. But when Government and Society are in the Hands of Secularists, then Religion will be weilded by these same Opportunists.

and when the whole issue about the "redness" is beyond the purview of empiricism, it all belongs in the realm of metaphysics (which then brings to bear issues like faith)
Irrelevant to the purpose of the analogy as given - but thanks for contributing.

that was a rather mind numbingly illogical attempt to falsify god
:p

Wow! you really understood that didn't you?

No, just answering the rather cute question of the thread.

Here's another way atheists get high.. looking at all the lovely things that God created!
And wondering if the big fella approved of his own handiwork when Noah ate the unicorns.
And wondering if it might throw some confusion in the mind of the god botherers if and when they realise that under their own model that atheists are put on Earth by the big fella to make the plight of the good Christian seem all the more important. That's right, I'm here as an atheist by god's decree and will so your own existance takes on a holy aura.

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD

Why then have you done exactly this very thing yourself, Photizo?

leo said:
Atheism has always been a tool for Political Opportunism.

The Protestant Princes in Germany and Henry the VIII in England attacked Catholicism simply so they could confiscate the Wealth of the Church.
We see a theist's working definition of atheism - criticism of an established and wealthy theistic religion.

Political opportunists are of course very flexible in their espoused beliefs - but atheism is seldom of use to them.

Why then have you done exactly this very thing yourself, Photizo?

Like Father, like son.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name...

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father...

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God...

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not...

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as he is.

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless; With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength...

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.

Like Father, like son.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name...

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father...

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God...

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not...

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as he is.

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless; With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength...

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.

You missed one Photizo. A very, very important one. It is this clear instruction of Jesus Himself that you have rejected.

Matthew 5:43-47
"43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

You are in really bad shape my friend. Please, please, get some help before you hurt someone.

Last edited:
Wow! you really understood that didn't you?

No, just answering the rather cute question of the thread.

Here's another way atheists get high.. looking at all the lovely things that God created!
And wondering if the big fella approved of his own handiwork when Noah ate the unicorns.
And wondering if it might throw some confusion in the mind of the god botherers if and when they realise that under their own model that atheists are put on Earth by the big fella to make the plight of the good Christian seem all the more important. That's right, I'm here as an atheist by god's decree and will so your own existance takes on a holy aura.
you think like that all the time or only when posting on religious forums?

you think like that all the time or only when posting on religious forums?

Rarely!
Mostly my thoughts are far more frivolous and frequently more debauched.

But, another way I get off is wondering whether if they served Jasus body instead of Jesus for communion, I might be more inclined to visit the house of the big fella, those dry crackers, let's just call it biting off more than I'm prepared to chew!

(Jasus,..genus of southern rock lobster which I am inclined to secure then devour for my own hedonistic wants. I do, however say a little prayer for them.)

You missed one Photizo. A very, very important one. It is this clear instruction of Jesus Himself that you have rejected.

Matthew 5:43-47
"43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

You are in really bad shape my friend. Please, please, get some help before you hurt someone.

But if ye had known* what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

...it matters very little what you or anyone else thinks. I don't even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that isn't what matters. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide. So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether or not someone is faithful. When the Lord comes, he will bring our deepest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives...

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

If my intent was to provide a complete list of passages containing the phrase "sons of God" then possibly your words would carry some weight...it was not my intent, and not knowing my intentions you cannot rightfully make that claim i.e. "You missed one Photizo. A very, very important one. It is this clear instruction of Jesus Himself that you have rejected." (And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.) ...as it is then, you are incorrect --as you are about so many things concerning God stuff. You continually do the same thing when approaching Scripture and by extension God Himself...that is, in your abysmal ignorance*, you judge both Him and His Word. You are not in possession of the Holy Spirit, so how is it you think you know what He is talking about when he says anything?* Hmmm? You've etched countless examples of your judgements against God and His Word here in this forum which will one day testify against you. I suggest you quit while you're ahead as all you do is strengthen the case against yourself. There will be no pleading of the fifth either FYI...yea:

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

*For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Two of those things freely given to us by God are His Spirit and His Word (Both Written and Incarnate). By these we come to know Him. I am not judging you when I tell you: you do not know Him. Make it easier on yourself, give Him the benefit of the doubt rather than judging Him--you'll thank me later as you're ushered off to your 'reward'.

I knoweth fucketh all about which youeth doth thpeak!

Thpeaking freely and without malith aforethought ( pardon my thpeech impediment)
I'm laughing my thockth( socks) off AAAhahahaha!!
One High ATTTTTHHHHeisth here dude, AAAhahahaha!, I'm in thtiches.

Knoweth well dear photitho, youeth the biggetht looney on a forum where looneyism(lunaeism, loonathm) is a prequthite!

AAAAhahahaha!!!

demon2.gif

I knoweth fucketh all about which youeth doth thpeak!

Thpeaking freely and without malith aforethought ( pardon my thpeech impediment)
I'm laughing my thockth( socks) off AAAhahahaha!!
One High ATTTTTHHHHeisth here dude, AAAhahahaha!, I'm in thtiches.

Knoweth well dear photitho, youeth the biggetht looney on a forum where looneyism(lunaeism, loonathm) is a prequthite!

AAAAhahahaha!!!

:zzz:

Phuck! that looks like Me!?
Truth is, I didn't even read your latht potht

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Yeah, yeah! My daddy is the Devil. How do you think that makes me feel?
I mean holy shit, those are big shoes to fill.
You know, I bring a girl home... "this is my dad, satan"
Dad cracks the shits like the Devil himself " That's the Lord of darkness you seething little upstart luciferian dropkick! or at least capitalise my D or I'll make sure you burn in Hell!"
"Shit Dad, I thought that was your objective for all, turn down the heat, whaddya think you are? some kind of omnipotent excreciency or something? For God's sake... whoops, sorry dad, that was below the belt!... anyway as I was saying, meet my new girlfriend Mary, she's a virgin you know.... etc...etc...etc

AAAAhahahaha!

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

You remain in open rebellion against your own God, Photizo, and against what you regard as the "Word of God". Therefore you are surely no son of your heavenly Father.

Get some help, please!

Back