If Jesus (God) is real why do you need faith?

In other words, you are sure that God is out there but you have faith in your knowledge of him? Since you have NO knowledge of God, I would take liberty to substitute the word knowledge with the word "preconceptions".

You a sharp one!

any WORD is a preconception; unless you newly coined it.

Mankind created all words!

for example; let me assist you in your rendition of how many 'preconceptions' there are, there is more than a 'zillion' of them, but a gazillion..... various beliefs. (preconceptions to words/beliefs)

The 'zillion' is just the variety of 'xtian' sects.............and each consider them; 'the word of god'..... but forget, they are all of 'created' words thru and thru

and most are not even evolved enough to comprehend what 'light' is

or life!

Since there are zillions of preconceptions about God(s), chances you got it right are ... very slim.

would you objectively, perhaps, accept the idea, that ONE day most all the phenomenon will be understood; via the evolution of knowledge, of course?

to me that is the only real belief any of the religious should be hanging onto

Can that be the Orthodox (the way)............(core FAITH of religion) to observe and be capable of evolving?

thought i would ask

Faith is about trust. It really comes after belief. Each person of who believes in God has a measure of trust in Him. Some very little some near aboslute, We strive to learn about Him more so we can grow in trust.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Faith can be about trust, however it is just as much or more about belief.
Actually the two, belief and faith have about the same meaning.

Belief:
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

Faith:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith
http://dictionary.reference.com/

One must use a dictionary for everybody to be on the same page.

Faith is only there for one reason...uncertainty

PsycoticEpisode is correct, IMO.
The belief and faith words are used in a way that causes confusion about their meanings. Belief and faith are used to describe something lacking evidence and what is really being said is take my word for it. Belief me or have faith that I know what I'm talking about.

If one substitutes the word trust with faith then why not use the word trust, instead?

Faith can be about trust, however it is just as much or more about belief.
Actually the two, belief and faith have about the same meaning.

Belief:
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

Faith:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith
http://dictionary.reference.com/

One must use a dictionary for everybody to be on the same page.

No, one does not need to use a dictonary. As if a dictionary is some kind of infallable text. I could not give a brass razzo what the dictionary declares faith to be.

Faith = Belief + Trust

No, one does not need to use a dictonary. As if a dictionary is some kind of infallable text. I could not give a brass razzo what the dictionary declares faith to be.

Faith = Belief + Trust

Christians have the habit of Skewing the meaning of words. The dictionary is the standard for defining words not the bible.

Faith...Wont make sense to some people

As a seminarian and as a Pastor, Ive spent much time studying this particular question. Now, this answer will not make sense to some people... Faith, grace, and blessings are not something we can aquire. These things can only be given by God. We can however ask for these things, but we can only recieve if the Almighty God commands us to have them... These things must be given by God, NOT taken...

As a seminarian and as a Pastor, Ive spent much time studying this particular question. Now, this answer will not make sense to some people... Faith, grace, and blessings are not something we can aquire. These things can only be given by God. We can however ask for these things, but we can only recieve if the Almighty God commands us to have them... These things must be given by God, NOT taken...

Hey maybe you're the guy who can explain a few things.

Are you linked up with God? Or do you just read about him?

Welcome, I noticed it is your first post.

p.s. Where you called?
As for things must be given by God, NOT taken....
Jesus said, one must first bind the strong man and then plunder his house. Matthew 12:29, Mark 3:27

Last edited:
PsycoticEpisode is correct, IMO.
The belief and faith words are used in a way that causes confusion about their meanings. Belief and faith are used to describe something lacking evidence and what is really being said is take my word for it.
If one substitutes the word trust with faith then why not use the word trust, instead?

if you are confused then you are confused. to say it causes confusion is not accurate.

look at what you went on to write:

Belief me or have faith that I know what I'm talking about.

if you are confused then you are confused. to say it causes confusion is not accurate.

look at what you went on to write:

This is the thing every christian says: take my word for it, believe me, have faith I know what I'm talking about while not providing any evidence.

Most explanations by christians contradict the laws of nature. This includes the Noah and the ark story.

Confusion is caused by those christians claiming to have an explanation yet having none. Nonsense doesn't make sense and causes confusion.

You didn't explain a thing.

Last edited:
As a seminarian and as a Pastor,

welcome

do you keep the faith (of the coming)?

Ive spent much time studying this particular question. Now, this answer will not make sense to some people... Faith, grace, and blessings are not something we can aquire. These things can only be given by God.

since the day of choice; from what i understand

Gen 3:22 And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' --

Then Jesus: Mark 10:17

And as he is going forth into the way, one having run and having kneeled to him, was questioning him, `Good teacher, what may I do, that life age-during I may inherit?'

18And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God;

19the commands thou hast known: Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder, Thou mayest not steal, Thou mayest not bear false witness, Thou mayest not defraud, Honour thy father and mother.'

Looks to me between the 2 and combining the idea of having personal responsibility as an act of homage to existence (God);

then both share each is capable

and responsibility is what is best from each............. naturally

We can however ask for these things, but we can only recieve if the Almighty God commands us to have them... These things must be given by God, NOT taken...

learned

just like the faith you teach

yu are teaching others HOW to believe

Yes. It happens all the time.

it depends on what you determine hell to be.

Where is the evidence? You knew what was meant by the question does a hell actually exist. The question was posed in context within the religious belief system.
Same with rising from the dead after being dead for 3 days.

I recognize you're side stepping instead of answering the questions directly.

Last edited:
Same with rising from the dead after being dead for 3 days.

I recognize your side stepping instead of answering the questions directly.

dead for three days: i dont have all the information on that particular case.

You knew what was meant by the question does a hell actually exist. The question was posed in context within the religious belief system.

Hell: do you want me to tell you weather or not it exists? how can i do that?

dead for three days: i dont have all the information on that particular case.

Hell: do you want me to tell you weather or not it exists? how can i do that?

Okay, you have your belief. Thanks for not explaining anything. Your opinion on the subject is valueless.

earth to earth...

Your opinion on the subject is valueless.

are you asking about opinions or are you looking to substitute one belief for another AND then not calling it belief because YOU believe it?

you asked me about people risen from the dead and i said 'it happens all the time'.

i have not told ANYONE what my belief IS!

IF you ask me to go into the details...perhaps i would be willing to share it. but i doubt it because it freaks people out too much.

Back