If Jesus descended to earth today

...would he recognise the Christians?
No. By all accounts they are much more tolerant and peaceful than the ones of his time.

He'd smite them all for being pussies. Seriously. Read the bible and tell me I'm wrong.

If I am not mistaken, there were no Christians in Jesus's lifetime.

I may be wrong.

He would recognize them as they killed him, again. His followers did not follow orthodox Christianity as it came to be known hundreds of years later.

He would ignore the christians, and present himself to the Jews as the messiah...returning to claim his people.

Jesus rebelled against an orthodox religious tradition that claimed a monopoly on truth. They used that monopoly to accumulate wealth and enforce traditional values. Few of today's Christians would accept anything so radical as a Jesus. They would certainly align themselves with the authoritarian rulers of our empire.

Jesus rebelled against an orthodox religious tradition that claimed a monopoly on truth. They used that monopoly to accumulate wealth and enforce traditional values. Few of today's Christians would accept anything so radical as a Jesus. They would certainly align themselves with the authoritarian rulers of our empire.

Amen!

No. By all accounts they are much more tolerant and peaceful than the ones of his time.

He'd smite them all for being pussies. Seriously. Read the bible and tell me I'm wrong.

1)There where no Christians until the day of Pentecost.

2) He loves us for our love for His mercy and longsuffering towards us. So no. He will not be smiting us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

1)There where no Christians until the day of Pentecost.

2) He loves us for our love for His mercy and longsuffering towards us. So no. He will not be smiting us.

1. There were no Christians until Paul invented Christianity.

2. Jesus doesnt smite. Why bother when you can promise hell instead.

I am quite sure Jesus would find it fascinating the version of him put forward in the Bible and then the interpretations of the version(s) of him presented there. And then he'd shock the lot of them by pointing out what was incorrect.

Back