I will be answering deep ethical conundrums

Cop-out.
Define what you'd consider to be deep then, give an example.

The depth of a question or "conundrum" is an objective thing. It refers to intellectual depth or showing signs of higher intelligence. Something entities like me would know. It is the only way to explore genius.

The depth of a question or "conundrum" is an objective thing.
Granted.

It refers to intellectual depth or showing signs of higher intelligence. Something entities like me would know. It is the only way to explore genius.
Oh boy are you ever wrong...
One more for the crackpot list. :rolleyes:

And you didn't even give an example...

The depth of a question or "conundrum" is an objective thing. It refers to intellectual depth or showing signs of higher intelligence. Something entities like me would know. It is the only way to explore genius.

Granted.

Special Entree said:
It refers to intellectual depth or showing signs of higher intelligence. Something entities like me would know. It is the only way to explore genius.

Oh boy are you ever wrong...
One more for the crackpot list. :rolleyes:

And you didn't even give an example...

According to Entree, a genius. According to Oli a crackpot :rolleyes:

Entree, I'm willing to believe you're not a crackpot, but if you are, indeed, a genius, why not dazzle us with your knowledge and, indeed, come up with an example of what your (allegedly) genius self considers a truly deep conundrum?

Every deep conundrum involves mystery and you are the detective. You sort through your mind for information. This is your weapon.

Qed.

Not really. Special Entree wanted us to do it, he never actually said he'd give us an example. No one even had to try to ask such as question, for that matter, but some did (with various levels of seriousness :p). I think my question in post 4 is a very good question and the answer is quite complex. If Entree doesn't think so, that's his choice to make, but I'm happy with what I asked.

I know he didn't say he'd give an example: I asked for one after he'd declared that the existing questions weren't deep enough.
Twice.
And I don't think the (serious) questions posed were that shallow, so the point becomes: what DOES constitute a deep question?

And I don't think the (serious) questions posed were that shallow, so the point becomes: what DOES constitute a deep question?

A question of which the answer is shrouded in mystery.
Needless to say, Entree is not going to satisfactorily answer any.

You think?
A genius like him not giving a satisfactory answer?
Unbelievable...:D

It has not been established that he is a genius at anything. In fact, since he feels the need to inquire about it, he's not quite convinced of it himself :D

Like I said in post 45, above: one more for the crackpot list.
He's verging on woo woo, let alone not being a genius.

Like I said in post 45, above: one more for the crackpot list.
He's verging on woo woo, let alone not being a genius.

No need to go -that- far.. delusions of grandeur perhaps ;).

Luke? A Jedi? I'm out of it for a little while and everbody gets delusions of grandeur.

-Han Solo, Return of the Jedi

Coupled with a lack of knowledge that unfortunately doesn't stop him making flat statements that not only have no factual basis but also have nothing to do with the real world.
Check his posts.

Entree, I'm willing to believe you're not a crackpot, but if you are, indeed, a genius, why not dazzle us with your knowledge and, indeed, come up with an example of what your (allegedly) genius self considers a truly deep conundrum?

:D There is a trouble with that Scott. If he comes up with an example, its not necessary that anyone else would be able to crack it. Also it implies that others are fools who couldn't even come up with their own examples and couldn't comprehend the one he came up with. That justifies his post #44.

When I debate/argue/chat on any subject, I often faces a dilemma. If I try to explain something which is so obvious in nature to another human being, does it mean that subconsciously I am so convinced that the other person is a stupid and cannot see the obvious(thereby my explanations are an insult and prejudice to their intellect). So what I do is to give hints and stay away from explaining or bringing up examples till a point where the other person repeatedly display his/her ignorance and inability to comprehend what I was talking about.

* i haven't read other pages of this thread though.

Last edited:

Luke? A Jedi? I'm out of it for a little while and everbody gets delusions of grandeur.

-Han Solo, Return of the Jedi

Coupled with a lack of knowledge that unfortunately doesn't stop him making flat statements that not only have no factual basis but also have nothing to do with the real world. Check his posts.

You mean other then in this thread? I think I'm too lazy, laugh :p. Ah well, there certainly was a bit of a show in this thread, if only because a certain mod decided to bring up a certain topic with me in the room.. anyway, it's all water under the bridge now I suppose...

scott3x said:

:D There is a trouble with that Scott. If he comes up with an example, its not necessary that anyone else would be able to crack it. Also it implies that others are fools who couldn't even come up with their own examples and couldn't comprehend the one he came up with. That justifies his post #44.

When I debate/argue/chat on any subject, I often faces a dilemma. If I try to explain something which is so obvious in nature to another human being, does it mean that subconsciously I am so convinced that the other person is a stupid and cannot see the obvious (thereby my explanations are an insult and prejudice to their intellect). So what I do is to give hints and stay away from explaining or bringing up examples till a point where the other person repeatedly display his/her ignorance and inability to comprehend what I was talking about.

* i haven't read other pages of this thread though.

Meh. I read his post 44. It sounds fancy, but unless he elaborates on it in an interesting way, that's all I think it'll be to me in the forseeable future; something that sounds fancy. I still think that my post 4 is pretty good and it did stir up quite a lot of debate, but it's all been erased due to some insults flying.

Every deep conundrum involves mystery and you are the detective. You sort through your mind for information. This is your weapon.

Why, if I ever met you, shouldn't I consider taking your head off your shoulders and display it in a glass jar alongside my topical fish aquarium?

Cortex_Colossum said:

Why, if I ever met you, shouldn't I consider taking your head off your shoulders and display it in a glass jar alongside my topical fish aquarium?

I find that type of humour to be... :puke:

Back