I want my kidney back!!

so then how can squeasing his former wife for money be concered a breach of ethics when:

a) its a maritial not medical dispute
b) she is his spouse NOT his pt

Its illegal to get money for organs here in the US. I don't want to assume its the same in Australia.

legally he can sadly, i compleatly agree with you there but legally he can just walk away acording to my law lecturer. The constitution forbids conscription and there for the goverment cant FORCE doctors to treat pts OUTSIDE their place of work and they can only force those who are goverment employees under industrial relations rather than criminal law

well, that's Australia and since this doctor lives in New York, your post has no bearing on this situation. :shrug: Or have you found a New York law that states differently?

what a load of crap, its compleatly legal to be recompenced for the discomfert, not to mention do you honestly think Kerry packer could have just sacked his pilot after he gave him his kidney? You dont think there would have been any implications? they might not have been ovious but they would have been there. For instance the INSTANT dispite of a fair portion of the country could have been a significant disantage to his company. Not to mention the amount of money that the pilot would have got for saying what a evil basted packer was.

The law says you cant SELL organs, thats all

what a load of crap, its compleatly legal to be recompenced for the discomfert, not to mention do you honestly think Kerry packer could have just sacked his pilot after he gave him his kidney? ...

what??? who is Kerry? The wife's name is Dawnell, and she works in the medical field. She isn't a pilot or a packer.

kerry packer was the former owner of channel 9 in australia. When he needed a kidney his pilot donated one to him for which he ended up with a bonus for that year worth over $1 million from memory. As i said there are ways to get around the laws in regard to selling organs. As they were put in place to stop people being killed for their organs the goverment doesnt really seem concered about this.

justice?
how?

justice isnt always about the law, everyone who hears this story is going to know she is a cheat for starters so he has managed to get publicity to the story and destroy her reputation for one thing

How do you know she is a cheat? Because he said so? So far, she has maintained a dignified silence. But yes, better to believe the kind of man who'd demand the return of a kidney he'd transplanted to save someone's life or be given money if she can't return it..:rolleyes:

what a surpise
the man is always in the wrong right?

Can I ask, what kind of man, what kind of doctor, demands the return of a kidney he donated years previously?

I honestly wonder sometimes how your husband can live with himself and why he doesnt comit suicide
:bugeye:

And I have to wonder how in the hell you seem to think you have the right to make that kind of comment or to speak like that to other people. That was rude.

ha ha ha ha...i love it....

anyway, if you ask me that is a very low blow for the wife to leave him after he gave her a kidney. unless he was a drunk, drug addict, infidelity or beat her then i think it is pretty low class.

Mod Hat — Thread closure

This thread is closed for plagiarism in the topic post. Members are required to properly attribute quoted material to its source, and our standard (author and link for online sources) really is quite easy to accommodate.

Update: Obviously, the thread has been reopened, and the link provided.

Last edited:
Well, tough luck, should have seen that coming. She's divorcing you, it's cold, and it sucks, but really, you saved her life, or at least parts of it. She'll have to live with that.

Although we don't know what their marital life was like, I'd like to think that there was at least some gratitude after someone donated a damn kidney.

ha ha ha ha...i love it....

anyway, if you ask me that is a very low blow for the wife to leave him after he gave her a kidney. ....

You know John, I do think this is exactly how he feels.
How long would she owe him? I've given my husband children, how long does he owe me?

kerry packer was the former owner of channel 9 in australia. When he needed a kidney his pilot donated one to him for which he ended up with a bonus for that year worth over $1 million from memory. As i said there are ways to get around the laws in regard to selling organs. As they were put in place to stop people being killed for their organs the goverment doesnt really seem concered about this.

but is 'getting around the law' ethical?
And was Australia having a problem with people being killed for their organs? :eek:

That is a good point, he owes you for 18 years.

but this guy has to just move on because right now he feels hurt and betrayed. It really depends on the person though, i could never leave a wife who gave me one of her kidneys but there were no stirings attached when he gave up the kidney so he has no real recourse. That is what i think anyway.

..i could never leave a wife who gave me one of her kidneys ...

It would be incredibly sad to stay in an unhappy marriage because you felt you owed her. :(
The man is a millionaire surgeon. If she didn't love him but stayed with him wouldn't people then see her as a gold digger?

There's nothing mildly unusual about this story. Donating a kidney is huge, it's like sacrificing a significant slither of your life to someone else. I personally could only ever do it for my own child, I can't really imagine loving a woman enough to give her a kidney, but in theory, if romantically illogical love of shakespearian proportions is possible, I suppose it could happen.
However, if she cheated on me, or even if the love faded a little because she made annoying noises when she ate, I'd immediately want it back, or, more sensibly, I'd want to be massively compensated. Ofcourse.
Suddenly you've half killed yourself and destroyed the quality of what life you do have left for someone you don't even like, possibly hate. It would just seriously drive you insane with rage, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the infamous case of that guy who wanted his kidney back, lost the lawsuit, then murdered his ex wife by cutting it out through her ass.

....I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the infamous case of that guy who wanted his kidney back, lost the lawsuit, then murdered his ex wife by cutting it out through her ass.

wow, TV movie of the week for sure!
How long til this is on Law & Order?

I know it makes me a horrible person, but I kind of empathize with that dude.

If I had major surgery for someone else's sake, then further down the line they treated me like that, fucking hell I would want compensation too. She's a callous piece of crap.

I have a few things to say here...

Cheating happens and it's not gender-specific. It's equally wrong, whether it's the man or woman doing it. But honestly, I don't care about that part of the story. Even good people can have a onetime slip and cheat... :shy:

She should not keep his kids away from him. She is harming them as much, or more, than she is harming him. That should be punished.

But you know what I predict will happen in the end?
- He will not get his kidney back.
- He will not get the money (there is no contractual agreement).
- He is publicly making himself look like a vindictive, little bitch.
- This type of attention will more than likely wreck his reputation as a surgeon, making him lose even more money.

Back