HW Help...Is Reconciliation Necessary?

Cris said:
So from that we can assume that you believe in the existence of a god called God but not gods in general, is that correct? So that makes you, what, an atheistic theist?

No, that makes you stuck in the reductionist fallacy.

That would indeed appear to accurately describe the immensely confused nature of your posts.

No, you're just slow and don't keep up with my "development".

The troubles you have with my "fluidity" only prove how much people tend to depend on the person [exactly: people tend to depend on their own idea of another person], and not on the arguments this person makes.

c20H25N3o said:
So you don't think God knows your every thought you have on what you have done?

I never said that. I was just saying that it is good to admit it and I would prefer to say that to God than to a catholic priest.

peace

c20

Once you feel regret and remorse your soul is admitting it/confessing it at that very moment.

Thanks for clearing up my misconception about your beliefs. I am happy to know you do not seek a priest to confess your sins to . :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

water said:
But how come they believe then?

You believe in God. Right? One God correct? Has He given you any help or signs?

As for being a Christian it comes from hearing the Words of the Word of God (Jesus)

Romans 10
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Who is right? You or them?
You, too, act as if you have it all worked out.

Did i say trust in me? The Gospel is right.

What is a newbie to do?

Read the Gospel. It it you will find the Words of Jesus:

John 6
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

And why do you put it against them when they give up on Christianity?

Well if they know what they are rejecting then God will hold it against them. But not all people who reject Jesus are rejecting the true Jesus and not all people who leave a church are rejecting The Body of Christ. Some people reject "the balaam jesus" and "chrurchianity" thinking that they have rejected Jesus and the Body, but they have never trully known Jesus or the Body of Christ.

You may say God takes care of you. I see no such thing in my life, I would not venture to say that God takes care of me. You might say God does. I don't know.

God has taken care of me. That is not to say i have not suffered in my life. God has given me the strengh to survive. The only thing i expect from God is eternal life with Him. I have food and clothing and the ability to comunicate with you water. I need nothing more at the moment.

As for your life. what can one expect from God if one has not accepted The Messiah Jesus? Do you want something before you will believe Him? Water you are still alive and where there is life there is hope. So maybe your survival up untill this time has been Gods gift to you.

Should I believe your word? Why not Angelic Being's, or C20's, or Q's or Cris', or someone else's?

Believe Gods Word. If my message is in alignment with scriptures then believe it. If anything i say goes against the Word then disregard what i say. When i read messages in here I can get truth even from the anti-christs in here it's amazing sometimes how God can talk through someone who hates Him. So take everything you hear water and compare it to the bible if you are unclear then ask the person to give their scriptural support for their stance. That’s what i always do when hearing things from other people who profess to be followers of Jesus. I do not trust any of them and never will. I have only One Messiah Jesus and no other.

Bottomline: According to you, people aren't to be trusted in matters of God. But Jehovah doesn't speak to me.

Once again read the scriptures and decide if you believe in the Messiah Jesus. Because:

John 14
6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Reject the "Light Of The World" and you will never come to God.

Adstar said:
Once you feel regret and remorse your soul is admitting it/confessing it at that very moment.

Thanks for clearing up my misconception about your beliefs. I am happy to know you do not seek a priest to confess your sins to . :)

Hehe, Did you think the spirit had abandoned me? :D

There is a vulnerability at the moment you feel regret and remorse. It is very easy particulary for people very young in Christ to have those seeds of humility torn up by pride and unbelief (justifying the wrongdoing i.e. 'Did God tell you that was wrong? God is a lie.) if the thoughts are not captured and submitted to God in obedience to the calling of the spirit of God that leads us to repentance.

Acts 8:22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you."

peace

c20

Adstar,

You believe in God. Right? One God correct?

Yes, as far as I can tell.

Has He given you any help or signs?

Don't know. I would not venture to ascribe any necessary relationships between the things that happen and God.

Did i say trust in me? The Gospel is right.

The Gospel is right -- says who? You?
And about what is the Gospel right?
But these are rhetorical questions, I don't expect you to answer.

What is a newbie to do?

Read the Gospel.

I read the Gospel, and it made me sick.

As for your life. what can one expect from God if one has not accepted The Messiah Jesus? Do you want something before you will believe Him? Water you are still alive and where there is life there is hope.

So maybe your survival up untill this time has been Gods gift to you.

Maybe, yes. This is why I am making an effort not to be judgmental.

Believe Gods Word. If my message is in alignment with scriptures then believe it. If anything i say goes against the Word then disregard what i say. When i read messages in here I can get truth even from the anti-christs in here it's amazing sometimes how God can talk through someone who hates Him. So take everything you hear water and compare it to the bible if you are unclear then ask the person to give their scriptural support for their stance. That’s what i always do when hearing things from other people who profess to be followers of Jesus. I do not trust any of them and never will. I have only One Messiah Jesus and no other.

But I don't believe the Bible is the Word of God. It might be, but it might also not be. I don't know.

Once again read the scriptures and decide if you believe in the Messiah Jesus.

Too many assumptions. I don't automatically take the Bible to be the Word of God.

Reject the "Light Of The World" and you will never come to God.

It all depends which g/God ...

As it turns out, the issue is not so important to me presently that I would be motivated to investigate it any further. Not being sure about whether the Bible is the word of God or not is presently not driving me to find out the truth about it.
Talking any more about this would presently be idle talk for me, and I dont' want to do that.

You be well.
:)

But still water the mystery of your question remains you have asked why do people believe in God. And you have made it clear that you believe in God. But you also said.

water.

"But Jehovah doesn't speak to me."

So why not ask yourself: "why do i believe in One God when God does not speak to me?"

Oh you might say I don't necessarily believe in "jehovah" But still the question remains why do you believe in God (who ever God is) when God has not spoken to you?

Also just a point of clarification.

Question: What is the Gospel to you. Is it the story and message of the Messiah Jesus or is the Gospel bigger than that?

The Gospel is right -- says who? You?

I believe it. So yes i am saying it is right. All my statements like "read the gospel and decide" are all based on belief.

And about what is the Gospel right? But these are rhetorical questions, I don't expect you to answer.

Because it is the key that allows faulty human beings to be accounted righteous and be reconciled toward God. It is the only real path to God. Oh i do not mind rhetorical question. Often the one asking is not the one that the answer is for. A question asked is an opportunity for an answer to be given.

As it turns out, the issue is not so important to me presently that I would be motivated to investigate it any further. Not being sure about whether the Bible is the word of God or not is presently not driving me to find out the truth about it. Talking any more about this would presently be idle talk for me, and I dont' want to do that.

You be well.
:)

Oh i do not believe that for a moment. People who nearly commit suicide over the question of God never think like that. Your wall looks to me like a pagoda rice paper screen.

May you remain as well also :)

Hi c20 :)

Acts 8:22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you."

Now that is a biblical response :) well posted.

The scriptures around it reveals something about the person Paul was speaking to.

Acts 8
9 But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.” 11 And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.
The Sorcerer’s Sin 14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18 And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” 20 But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! 21 You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

23 For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”
24 Then Simon answered and said, “Pray to the Lord for me, that none of the things which you have spoken may come upon me.”

Simon the sorcerer did not have the Holy Spirit at the time Peter said this to him.

Get your questions straight. You asked me whether I believed in gods, not whether I believed in God.

Either you are being an ass or you're at a medial level of English and got confused. I got the question straight - get your answers straight and stop wasting everyones time.

I see no such thing in my life, I would not venture to say that God takes care of me.

Yet, you've bought into the god fantasy, hook, line and sinker.

Should I believe your word? Why not Angelic Being's, or C20's, or Q's or Cris', or someone else's?

Think for yourself. If you do, you'll find the obvious conclusion.

So why not ask yourself: "why do i believe in One God when God does not speak to me?"

If god speaks to you and he speaks to others, why is that he says different things to different people? Why not the same message to all?

Water,

No, that makes you stuck in the reductionist fallacy.
Well not really. Either you believe a god or gods exist or you don’t. There are only the two positions.

No, you're just slow and don't keep up with my "development".
You mean you are changing your mind so rapidly that no one can keep up since I am not the only one that finds your position confused.

The troubles you have with my "fluidity"
Translation: Indecision.

only prove how much people tend to depend on the person [exactly: people tend to depend on their own idea of another person], and not on the arguments this person makes.
Well to some extent that’s why everyone creates labels to aid with communication. In this case the two distinct labels of theism and atheism. When you state within the space of a few posts that both labels apply then you must expect that effective communication will fail.

It doesn’t help that you appear equally confrontational with both theists and atheists. But what I think I really see is that you are struggling to define what to believe and you are not convinced with any of the current theist offerings but are convinced that a god of some type must exist. That pretty much labels you as theist but not what type of theist. That’s fine, and would you agree with that summary?

(Q) said:

If god speaks to you and he speaks to others, why is that he says different things to different people? Why not the same message to all?

Thats simple.
1) Not everyone who thinks they are recieving messages from God are.

2) Many hear some of the message and block their ears to the rest.

3) Many just make up a message that suits them then claim it is from God.

:) Q my reply answered your question. God knows who is and who is not true to His will. Let everyone accept what they will accept. God does not make mistakes.

Q my reply answered your question.

You've responded, but you've never really actually answered a question.

God does not make mistakes.

Each one of your responses (1-3) are all examples of a gods mistakes. Once again, you contradict yourself.

God does not make mistakes.

Each one of your responses (1-3) are all examples of a gods mistakes. Once again, you contradict yourself.

No No No They are the ways God allows for people who have rejected the love for the truth to be lead away from it. God allows people to be deceived by their own pride, to be lead away because of their own pride, and to be blinded by their won pride.

God is not making a mistake by allowing false views of Him and His will to exist, its all part of His plan.

macabre,

Well, I can say God does exist.
Yet you can't show that it is true, can you?

It's kind of hard to argue with truth.
Is it? You seem to be arguing with it. The only truth here is that no one can show that gods exist.

(Q) said:
its all part of His plan.

What is his plan?

Well if i knew that then i would know the mind of God. I suppose God has many elements to His plan. I speculate that meeting and defeating lucifers/satans challenge by first demonstration then by power is a central element to it. It could well be that the universe came into being to act as a stage for this demonstration. The old saying "the whole world is a stage" might be more true then people realize.

Back