How it is like to have a Muslim in your Family ?

Rappaccini said:
Just checking, you know?

(just playing dumb you know, as it's the only thing that can be understood from a certain perspective - and I don't mean yours)

Have you learned any ideological and moral lessons and/or guiding/epistemological principles from them lately?

Yeah, but I don't accredit those lessons or principles to their sex.

Have you found their presense helpful or detrimental to your development as a contemplative and reponsible human being?
Definately.

Tell me, what is it like?

Well, first I knocked this chick up. THen I fell in love with her. We then had a kid. After that, we got married. We had another kid. I have felt like the luckiest man alive since the birth of my first child. It is that almost constant feeling that leads me to a number of lessons and principles, and continues to do so. I presume that my 60 year old self (allah willing) will be as amused by the simplistic perspective of my 35 year old self as my 35 year old self is of my 15 year old self, assuming of course that at either present time my impression of former times is even remotely accurate. I think I would have learned a lot without a family.. without being a father.. but there is something about witnessing the birth of your child first hand that, if a man is capable, changes that man forever, in the most wonderful of ways as I see it. So from that starting point, my experience with them seems somehow to improve every day (it's probably because of the dedication and sweetness of the mama), and my union with them as family more and more rewarding. That leads me to a real appreciation for them. Maybe it's only because they're girls. :rolleyes:

Pardon the blather, I just had so much fun with my girls earlier. It'd probably be the same with any old girls I'm sure.

I was trying to answer the question "what's it like" but now I'm not sure if I did, as I'm slightly loaded at the moment and unwilling to scrutinize more carefully before pressing tab/return.

Fleh.

Oh and yeah, my editing is annoying I know.

That's lovely, Wes.

Well, the point was that I'd writtin 'EDIT,' then criticized you for editing.

Ha ha, no?

Rappaccini said:
That's lovely, Wes.

thanks. i'd say they're too good for me, but I'm pretty good.

Well, the point was that I'd writtin 'EDIT,' then criticized you for editing.

Ha ha, no?

Ha ha, yes. LOL.

Shit, I just gave you a pass because your digital representation isn't muslim. Getting my pig on you know. Aweyeah. Oink.

Last edited:
Oink.

We are brothers in fascist pigdom.

Muslims and leftists will rightly tremble.

Oink. Oink.

EDIT:

Women... too good for you?

Seriously, am I to deduce that the 'Muslims' are too good for me? There are none in my family! :(

Rappaccini said:
Oink.

We are brothers in fascist pigdom.

My ass we are.

I'm the uhm.. I think it's "dark underworld satan" or something.

I think that means I'm the hater cheif.

Oh wait then right, we're brothers in hate, but I hate harder or something. Maybe I get to tell you what to hate - and you'll like it damnit.

I want to start first with hater hating, for the delicious duality. Let's do this.

We are NOT your ass!

I certainly do hate haters, very much I surely do, I do.

Dive, dive, dive!

EDIT:

G'night, Wes.

Proud_Muslim said:
So, back to the topic, how it is like to have a muslim in your family ?

I have no idea why it would make any odds unless they forced the Quran down my throat all day. If they were just chilled with their chosen religion and went about their business as any person may then I dont think it would be a question that would promote any kind of long term debate...
I would still only ever judge them by their actions - not what they believed in or held dear to them personally

How is it to have a muslim in your family ?
Fine thanks. Why do you ask?

I dont get it.

I wouldnt know we dont have a muslim in the family, if we did i'd expect them to be respectful and not preach, same as any christian, atheist etc in the family, if they can be as nice as anyone else they would be welcomed, if they cant do that (like some) then they wouldnt be welcome, most people dont have a problem with muslims in general, just a select few.

c20H25N3o said:
I have no idea why it would make any odds unless they forced the Quran down my throat all day. If they were just chilled with their chosen religion and went about their business as any person may then I dont think it would be a question that would promote any kind of long term debate...
I would still only ever judge them by their actions - not what they believed in or held dear to them personally

How is it to have a muslim in your family ?
Fine thanks. Why do you ask?

I dont get it.

I think you need to read the original article on page no.1 of this thread, it talks about 14,000 WHITE britons converted to islam most of them are from very high class within the british society !! so much for the DISMAY of the haters and the islamophobes here ! :p

Proud_Muslim said:
I think you need to read the original article on page no.1 of this thread, it talks about 14,000 WHITE britons converted to islam most of them are from very high class within the british society !! so much for the DISMAY of the haters and the islamophobes here ! :p

Ok but even with that knowledge my point still stands. Who cares what religion somebody is??? Its their actions that are important not what particular religion they prescribe to. It certainly doesnt matter if they are white , british, chinese, asian, black, yellow, blue, green or whatever. It just doesnt matter.
In all areas of life you have to judge each person on his or her merits. I bet some of those 14000 britons are right 'asshats' whereas others will be a shinging example of God's love.

I still dont get your point.

Yazan said:
path,
He was by far the most remarkable man that ever set foot on this earth. He preached a religion, founded a state, built a nation, laid down a moral code, initiated numerous social and political reforms, established a powerful and dynamic society to practice and represent his teachings and completely revolutionized the worlds of human thought and behavior for all times to come.
"HIS NAME IS MUHAMMAD" May Peace of God Be Upon Him (pbuh) He was born in Arabia in the year 570 C.E. (common era), started his mission of preaching the religion of Truth, Islam (submission to One God) at the age of forty and departed from this world at the age of sixty-three. During this short period of 23 years of his Prophethood, he changed the complete Arabian peninsula from paganism and idolatry to worship of One God, from tribal quarrels and wars to national solidarity and cohesion, from drunkenness and debauchery to sobriety and piety, from lawlessness and anarchy to disciplined living, from utter bankruptcy to the highest standards of moral excellence. Human history has never known such a complete transformation of a people or a place before or since - and IMAGINE all these unbelievable wonders in JUST OVER TWO DECADES.
Lamartine, the renowned historian speaking on the essentials of human greatness wonders: "If greatness of purpose, smallness of means and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislation, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls....his forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma. This dogma was two-fold, the unity of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with the words.
"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images, the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is MUHAMMAD. As regards all the standards by which Human Greatness may be measured, we may well ask, IS THERE ANY MAN GREATER THAN HE?" (Lamartine, HISTOIRE DE LA TURQUIE, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp 276-277)

you really should stop talking about things you don't know or base on anti-Islamic stupid sources.

Yazan I don't get my info from anti islamic sources If you don't believe me check my quotes, see where they come from, there is no need for it he left behind plenty of evidence in hadith and sunnah that shows him for the man he was. Muhammed IMO is probably the most propagandized figure in history, and the second most mythologized. He was a very intelligent and calculating man no doubt and he brought something better to arabia than what had been there before. I don't think he or his followers have brought much joy to anyone they came in contact with who didn't care for his religion though. Don't take it personal Yazan

Back