How do you feel about guns?

Guns

• Have no place in this world. Should be abolished like slavery.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Are every human's right.

Votes: 57 63.3%

• Total voters
wsionynw said:
.... we cannot know the motives of every person around us.
....which is the reason for having a gun... which leads to everyone wanting a gun...which leads to everyone having a gun, because we cannot know the motives of every person around us.

wsionynw said:
I doubt anyone would feel safe in the knowledge that every person around them was armed, since we cannot know the motives of every person around us.

But do you feel safe in the knowledge that all of the criminals around are armed, and you aren't? And in that case, you KNOW what his motives are!

Baron Max

Nickelodeon said:
....which is the reason for having a gun... which leads to everyone wanting a gun...which leads to everyone having a gun, because we cannot know the motives of every person around us.

A handgun is a great equalizer! A small, weak man with a gun is the equal of big, powerful man with the intention of causing harm to the little guy. If the big man knows the little guy has a gun, he's much less likely to try to harm him or rob him or kill him.

So, yes, with every human on the planet armed with a handgun, every other human will be more careful in how he deals with them.

We always hear people make foolish claims about the "Wild, wild west", but in reality, there was far, far less murders and armed robbery per capita in the old west than there is now. Why? Because everyone was armed!

Baron Max

spuriousmonkey said:
It seems you have no clue what is going on in the world.

Oh, sure I do, Spurious! Armed criminals are committing murder and robbery of law abiding, unarmed citizens all over the world!

Baron Max

Baron Max said:
Oh, sure I do, Spurious! Armed criminals are committing murder and robbery of law abiding, unarmed citizens all over the world!

Baron Max

Leave florida for once in your life and then we will talk again.

spuriousmonkey said:
Leave florida(?) for once in your life and then we will talk again.

So we can only discuss things that we've personally experienced, is that right? Is that what you're saying/implying? That education is worthless unless one personally experiences each and every single facet of that education? How interesting!

Baron Max

Nickelodeon said:
Jeesh! Where do you live? Are you threatend by bears a lot?

So are you saying that if a person feels threatened by bears, then it's okay to carry a gun?

If that's the case, what's the difference if one feels threatened by criminals and wants to carry a gun for the same kind of protection?

Baron Max

Baron Max said:
So are you saying that if a person feels threatened by bears, then it's okay to carry a gun?
WTF? Where did I say that? I asked if he was threatened by bears a lot where he lives.

Nickelodeon said:
WTF? Where did I say that? I asked if he was threatened by bears a lot where he lives.

So your response has nothing to do with gun control? If not, then I'm sorry that I posted what I did ...but it was an honest mistake, seeing as it was in the same thread as the gun control thread.

Baron Max

Baron Max said:
Because the people living there allowed it to happen ....ie, they didn't give a shit about their own city/area.

Baron Max
In some cases you are right, and in other cases people are just too busy trying to survive.

spuriousmonkey said:
I Rio I was 'robbed' in the street at gunpoint. What I did was hand over some cash. And whatever they wanted.

The 'robbers' wouldn't have gone to desperate measures (robbing 5 Euros worth of cash) with a gun if their situation wasn't this desperate. Having a gun on me and pulling it would have resulted in casualties. Me. Having pulled a gun and shooting the perpetrators would have resulted in a change of tactics of the other muggers. They would shoot and take the money and leave the dangerous asking for the idiots.

No gun will ever solve the situation here. And neither does it in the USA.

Great inequality creates desperate people.

You are crazy! Aren't you the guy who always complains about black crime? In the one situation where you had to face a criminal, you are telling us that the best response is to just let them commit crimes against you?

Are you some sorta criminal in disguise trying to use verbal jujitsu?

Every citizen should have the option to carry a gun. The criminals have guns, the criminals are armed to the fucking teeth, if citzens become scared enough they'll become criminals themselves just to protect themselves from criminals, gang members and organized crime. Gangs are a lot like militias, at least the gangs who have uzi's and military grade weaponry. Sometimes the police can't even handle it.

Sadly, the way our society is set up, it's gun against gun, fist against fist, and either you join a street gang, or you pay the police or private security forces, but it's always the citizens guns vs the criminals guns, and the criminals would slaughter us all if we had no police and no guns. If you have less guns because of gun control, the criminals gain power because they'll have the power of life and death over you and you'll be able to do nothing about it, this will make them like the king of the city that everyone fears.

Finally, guns don't kill people, people kill people, so by banning guns it only makes people more innovative and intelligent at killing and thus more likely to get away with it, so then you end up producing serial killers who kill over and over again because they found a bug in the system, when they might have used guns.

Last edited:
cool skill said:
The mind is more powerful that the gun. When people use guns, they have no need to develop their intellect because they use guns to get what they want. This leaves them at a disadvantage because those that do not have guns eventually develop their intellect. The intellect is the most powerful weapon. It can be use to control and manupulate the untillect. Intellects can manipulate the untillects into disarming. When it comes to guns versus intellects, intellects always win.

Guns are worthless for anything. They are worthless as protection. You cannot protect yourself with a gun because there will always be someody out there with a more powerful gun. And you cannot protect yourself with a more poweful gun because there will always be somebody out there with a well developed intellect that has no need for such mindless pointless objects.

Yes so give them guns. Why do you want more people to develop their intellect? If they have great intellect they'll figure out that objects don't kill people.

Baron Max said:
But do you feel safe in the knowledge that all of the criminals around are armed, and you aren't? And in that case, you KNOW what his motives are!

Baron Max

But gun crime in the UK is still quite rare, in fact I've never met anyone that has been the victim of it.

TimeTraveler said:
You are crazy! Aren't you the guy who always complains about black crime? In the one situation where you had to face a criminal, you are telling us that the best response is to just let them commit crimes against you?

Are you some sorta criminal in disguise trying to use verbal jujitsu?

Every citizen should have the option to carry a gun. The criminals have guns, the criminals are armed to the fucking teeth, if citzens become scared enough they'll become criminals themselves just to protect themselves from criminals, gang members and organized crime. Gangs are a lot like militias, at least the gangs who have uzi's and military grade weaponry. Sometimes the police can't even handle it.

Sadly, the way our society is set up, it's gun against gun, fist against fist, and either you join a street gang, or you pay the police or private security forces, but it's always the citizens guns vs the criminals guns, and the criminals would slaughter us all if we had no police and no guns. If you have less guns because of gun control, the criminals gain power because they'll have the power of life and death over you and you'll be able to do nothing about it, this will make them like the king of the city that everyone fears.

Finally, guns don't kill people, people kill people, so by banning guns it only makes people more innovative and intelligent at killing and thus more likely to get away with it, so then you end up producing serial killers who kill over and over again because they found a bug in the system, when they might have used guns.
if someone pulled a gun on you, you wouldnt have time to reach for a gun before they popped a cap in your ass. i would much rather lose my mobile and buy it again the next month than be lying dead in the street, your mobile wont mean very much to you then will it

wsionynw said:
But gun crime in the UK is still quite rare, in fact I've never met anyone that has been the victim of it.
take a trip to someone like moss side or birmingham suburbs

thedevilsreject said:
take a trip to someone like moss side or birmingham suburbs
Well I do remeber something happened in Selly Oak when I was living there, but turns out they were using replicas to rob people. Which suburbs in Bham are you thinking of? I'm curious.

i was generalising sorry, i have none in particular but there have been plenty of stories to do with shootouts in birmingham and manchester

Back