Horus--Jesus--Buddha, same origin??

Do you think Buddha, and Jesus were inspired from Egyptian Mythology?

• I believe so, yes.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No, there is enough evidence, that these figures existed independantly.

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

Nisus

by peace he shall destroy many
Registered Senior Member
Tell me what you think. Were Jesus and Buddha both inspired from egyptian mythology?

Or is Trilairian lost in vain associations? Let the poll decide.

Nisus said:
Tell me what you think. Were Jesus and Buddha both inspired from egyptian mythology?

A poll is to decide what is to be a fact?
Eh?

Well we can't go back into time and witness it for ourselves, we just consider the documents that have been recorded about the individuals.

Jesus's Testaments come from 1900 ish years ago

Budda's come from 2500 ish years ago.

The historical evidence alone is good enough for most of the known world that they both existed. Tril is wrong, I know it, any good historian knows that Jesus and Buddha both existed. It's their divinity that is debated among intelligent people.

Based on evidence that you see in front of you, what do you think water? Answer accordingly.

I am a bit puzzled here !!

Jesus was a jew and his teaching was more or less according to the jewish believes - I do not know if jewish religion has any links to old Egyptian mythology or not ...... I would probably have to study it further before I say yes or no......
Jesus did live in Egypt for some years , after his family fled there ...

About Buddha the question is easy - Buddha was a prince totally isolated in the castle living the good life without any religious teaching - untill he witnessed suffering - he did not even know that suffering existed before that - he went away from the castle meditated by himself and found his answer by meditating under some big tree ....
He did not even consider himself holy or a God ... just as a man, he gave people a way of living ..... only people later thought of him as divine ...
No Buddha is NOT influenced by Egyptian Mythology .....

Last edited:
philosopher´s stone said:

Jesus was a jew and his teaching was more or less according to the jewish believes - I do not know if jewish religion has any links to old Egyptian mythology or not ...... I would probably have to study it further before I say yes or no......

About Buddha the question is easy - Buddha was a prince totally isolated in the castle living the good life without any religious teaching - untill he witnessed suffering - he did not even know that suffering existed before that - he went away from the castle meditated by himself and found his answer by meditating under some big tree ....
He did not even consider himself holy or a God ... just as a man, he gave people a way of living ..... only people later thought of him as divine ...
Yes his story IS influenced by Egyptian mythology. It draws in various elements of the god Horus. Those are the parallels he shares with Jesus.

"Gautama Buddha was a spiritual teacher believed to have lived between approximately 563 BCE and 483 BCE on the Indian subcontinent, in the Gangetic Plains area of modern Nepal and northern India."

Buddha = Real person

Horus = Myth

Nisus - I actually think that your poll is a bit confusing , do you mean :
"No ,there is not enough evidence, AND I THINK that these figures existed independantly ".....

Nisus - I actually think that your poll is a bit confusing , do you mean :
"No ,there is not enough evidence, AND I THINK that these figures existed independantly ".....
I take it to mean what it said that the no vote is a vote that there is sufficient evidence that they are seperate characters.

The yes vote then is a vote of belief that there isn't sufficient evidence to prove that they aren't inspired by a common source character.

About Buddha the question is easy - Buddha was a prince totally isolated in the castle living the good life without any religious teaching - untill he witnessed suffering - he did not even know that suffering existed before that - he went away from the castle meditated by himself and found his answer by meditating under some big tree .... He did not even consider himself holy or a God ... just as a man, he gave people a way of living ..... only people later thought of him as divine ...
M*W: Jesus followed the Egyptian ritual. He may have been claimed to be a "Jew," but his philosophy was Egyptian. In essence, if you study it, there is no such thing as Jews.

Please understand here that I am not antisemitic. Not at all. I am just rendering my belief.

Nisus said:

Your joking right? A poll is going to decide what the actual situation is?

People like trilairian and MW are free to spread their lying illusions as long as God allows them to live. Then they will discover the truth.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar said:

People like trilairian and MW are free to spread their lying illusions as long as God allows them to live. Then they will discover the truth.
M*W: Since there is no god, a non-entity, something that doesn't exist, has absolutely no control over how long we might live. The truth has already been discovered. It is you who are delusional believing in fantastical lies!

Adstar said:

Honestly my freind, I wanted to see how many people sincerely care/believe. And what side they affirm.

If they don't care they don't vote. If they vote they care.

Nisus said:
Honestly my freind, I wanted to see how many people sincerely care/believe. And what side they affirm.

That is true.

Nisus said:

Thats cool, then the following was not needed in the original question;

"Let the poll decide."

Back