Homosexuality: Choice or Not?

Choice or Not?

• Gay's are born gay

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Its a choice

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shouldn't there be some sort of in between choice? ie. Not being born gay but becoming gay (or straight) due to personal experience? I wouldn't call that a choice. I think the term for it is innate bisexuality.

I don't know, and it don't matter. They choose to act on their feelings and urges ....and that's what's wrong.

Kleptomaniacs feel an intense urge to steal things. The urge to steal is not what's wrong, it's giving in to those urges where the wrong is.

Baron Max

I don't know, and it don't matter. They choose to act on their feelings and urges ....and that's what's wrong.

Kleptomaniacs feel an intense urge to steal things. The urge to steal is not what's wrong, it's giving in to those urges where the wrong is.

Baron Max

Your response is irrelevant since you cannot answer the question. This is not a question of whats right or wrong. You can take that to the other thread.

Oh yes....

Homosexuality is NOT A choice.

I know this. So should anyone who are homosexual.

The only times i can think it is a choice, is when it has something do to with psychological power over individuals, such as found in prisons. However, even a lot of them are simply gay.

To think its a choice for the majority, would be to profess some kind of happiness out of it. Do people here think people (well certain individuals) woud chose the constant bullying, harmful words and even dogmatic attitudes that are invariant with coming out?

Do you think that gay's are born gay or choose to be gay?

It's a toughie.

Lots of variables.

I will go with 'born gay' because it fits my belief that on a deeper level homosexuality represents the death of nature.

Life and death are not things we have any control over.

It's a toughie.

Lots of variables.

I will go with 'born gay' because it fits my belief that on a deeper level homosexuality represents the death of nature.

Life and death are not things we have any control over.

Death of nature? Thats a relatively negative way to look at it lol.

Careful deepthought. Louis the other day tried to discredit my intelligence with the same postulate i made two month ago... :)

Besides... it was only a passing thought. I don'y exactly believe this. But it begs the thought.

hmmmmmmm I think I was born with the same attraction as you, to muscles and pecs and dick.

:roflmao:

I think a person is born gay, yet I also think a person can choose to be gay. I think sexuality is a very fluid thing. If I don't think sex with a woman is immoral, why wouldn't I choose to haev sexwith a beautiful woman??
I also know a woman who was sexually abused by her father and brother. She has no sexual relationships with men. I think its what she chooses due to experience.

I think a person is born gay, yet I also think a person can choose to be gay. I think sexuality is a very fluid thing. If I don't think sex with a woman is immoral, why wouldn't I choose to haev sexwith a beautiful woman??
I also know a woman who was sexually abused by her father and brother. She has no sexual relationships with men. I think its what she chooses due to experience.

Hmmm. Interesting perspective. I have to say I agree with you. I think though a person is not 'technically gay' they can be, as they say 'bi curious'.

Hmmm. Interesting perspective. I have to say I agree with you. I think though a person is not 'technically gay' they can be, as they say 'bi curious'.

and how long can a person be 'bi-curious' before they are officially gay?

My best friend is a lesbian. She likes having sex with men, but she has never been in love with a guy. Men can have her body but only women can have her heart. I never understand that. The women she loves might as well be men, they are so masculine.

Back