Homosexuality and Religion

Is being gay a sin?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
Being gay is not a sin, but giving in to the urges of homosexuality, acting on those urges, is a sin.

It's sorta' like being a kleptomaniac, with intense urges to steal things. Being a klepto isn't a sin, but stealing is.

See?

Baron Max

As I personally don't believe in sin, I voted no.

Is it a sin in certain religions like Christianity or Islam? I'm fairly (85%?) sure it is. I'd have to look up the specific text to make sure for you though.

Huh, didn't know you think the majority is always right Baron. ;)

Oh, it isn't always right .....but in this case, it is! :D

However, I'm a big believer in "society" ...and in the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the individual. So....

Baron Max

Maybe not to you, but it is to many other people. And the last time I checked, it was wrong to the greater majority of people. So, ....that must mean it's wrong, huh?

Baron Max

blacks being segregated in the 50's and 60's

and blacks being hung and kept as slaves

women to be denied the right to vote or have a job.

In all these cases the majority saw these things as right at the time.

Just because the majority see's one thing as wrong, doesn't mean it is wrong.

i dunno if its a sin i hvent been gay yet or lately

i guess if u are happy why the bloody hell not
and as long as u dont abuse ur position as a gay
none is getting hurt i dont see what wrong with it

Hi, Mz3

I wouldn't say it is a sin. I think a lot of ppl are uncomfortable with the whole idea,
and don't agree with the lifestyle.

Can I ask you a personal question? What does your family think of you being gay?

I wouldn't say it is a sin. I think a lot of ppl are uncomfortable with the whole idea,
and don't agree with the lifestyle.

Can I ask you a personal question? What does your family think of you being gay?

Well, when I told my mom I was gay, she told me she is bisexual. lol Then we went to a gay bar together hahaha. I love my mom. When I told my dad, who is VERY closed-minded and hates gays, he told me that he didn't care because I am still his son and nothing is going to stop him from loving me. He had one request though, that I don't bring over guys, which was fine by me. It was his house, who am I to disrespect his rules.

Well, when I told my mom I was gay, she told me she is bisexual. lol Then we went to a gay bar together hahaha. I love my mom. When I told my dad, who is VERY closed-minded and hates gays, he told me that he didn't care because I am still his son and nothing is going to stop him from loving me. He had one request though, that I don't bring over guys, which was fine by me. It was his house, who am I to disrespect his rules.

Sounds like they were supportive of you. That is good. I would think it would be much harder for Dads to accept then moms. She must be a pretty cool mom to have done that lol. So do you get together with them with your b/f?
Or Dad still doesn't want to see that?

Sounds like they were supportive of you. That is good. I would think it would be much harder for Dads to accept then moms. She must be a pretty cool mom to have done that lol. So do you get together with them with your b/f?
Or Dad still doesn't want to see that?

Actually both of my parents love my boyfriend. We went and visited my parents last year and we all have a wonderful time. My dad has evolved alot since I told him 8 years ago. My dad is a historian and collects military memorabilia. When we visited my boyfriend hung out with my dad more than I did, showing him his military stuff and whatnot. lol

Sounds like when my dad comes over. My b/f spends more time with my Dad. He loves talking about when he was in the war. He repeats himself like a broken record. He just loves talking about History and Politics. I just casually disappear lol.

Sounds like when my dad comes over. My b/f spends more time with my Dad. He loves talking about when he was in the war. He repeats himself like a broken record. He just loves talking about History and Politics. I just casually disappear lol.

HAHAHA Sounds SOOOO much like me and my family lol.

I'm an atheist so I don't believe in sin. Immorality yes.
Anyways, no, there is nothing wrong with it. My Mom is praying for you though. lol

Back