Homesexuality

Lady

Banned
Banned
For year's the gay community has led us to believe that homosexuality was not a choice but rather God created them that way, however, with the advance research of DNA there is no proof linking a gene to homesexuality. So here is the question, how should schools, parents, or pastors explain homosexuality, exspecially, to the youth?

So here is the question, how should schools, parents, or pastors explain homosexuality, exspecially, to the youth?

Well, they could send all the cute, of-age lesbian teens over to my place next saturday..... ;)

What do you mean by teach them about homosexuality?

"Billy, there's some people who have sexual and romantic feelings for members of their own sex. There is currently debate over whether this is related to upbringing and nurture or genes."

"Billy, there's some people who have sexual and romantic feelings for members of their own sex. There is currently debate over whether this is related to upbringing and nurture or genes."

Wow! It's good I'm not having kids, I can imagine that conversation:

"Now Friedrich, when a man loves another man very much and a researcher writes a paper on how this happened, it is called a "mad race for research grants". But beyond academic catfighting, we learn about these things to decipher social modes of control. Could you open up "Deconstructionism for Kids" and turn to the section on Queer theory? "

:cool:

I want an explanation!

I do not understand: what is there to tell?
and what is this doing in ethics? :confused:
I thouht ethics was about moral judgement and conduct.

Lady

You are correct in that assumptions about homosexuality being biological were all wrong. Generally those assumpiton revolved around a certain tiny part of the brain, but this idea turned out to be complete bollocks, as that portion of the brain only really gets different in size toward the end of adolescence, and sexual identity and gender preference are mostly sorted out in early adolescence, or so I hear. There is nothing biological about gender preference as far as I know, except for the obvious biological urge to mate and produce offspring, which is in all of us regardless of gender or preferences.

So yes, it is all a choice. I honestly have no idea what, if anything, is taught in Australian school about this these days. However, I think they should be teaching that people should be able to do just about anything they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, and all parties involved are willing.

Re: I want an explanation!

Originally posted by Merlijn
I do not understand: what is there to tell?
and what is this doing in ethics? :confused:
I thouht ethics was about moral judgement and conduct.

I did ask how pastors should explain homosexuality(moral issue) a local pastor was forced to step down for quoting scripture that spoke against homosexuality.

How is homosexuality a moral issue? I mean, it's just sex. I don't see how morality enters into it at all, as long as both partners are consenting.

Adam: Actually, that's not strictly true. The jury is currently out.

Xev

Well, the last I heard on this was an article in New Scientist magazine about a year ago I think. Some day I'll go find the issue and the article and type it in or find a link for it.

Adam:

Okay. Want to see if morality enters into the equation at all, as long as both partners consent? :p

Pfft! Morality is for sissies. People should just shag and stop complaining.

Pfft! Morality is for sissies. People should just shag and stop complaining.

Sounds Nietzschean!

"And he who would be a creator in good and evil must first be a destroyer, and break values into peices"

"All creators are hard"

"And even the little God may he find, who is dearest to maidens: beside the well lieth he quietly, with closed eyes. Verily, in broad daylight did he fall asleep, the sluggard! Had he perhaps chased butterflies too much?"

" Upbraid me not, ye beautiful dancers, when I chasten the little God somewhat! He will cry, certainly, and weep- but he is laughable even when weeping!"

"Give me, woman, thy little truth!" said I. And thus spake the old woman: "Thou goest to women? Do not forget thy whip!"-"

"LO, THIS is the tarantula's den! Would'st thou see the tarantula itself? Here hangeth its web: touch this, so that it may tremble."

(Note: This post was actually a explanation of the eternal recurrence. It's not like I got carried away posting Friedrich's double entendres. :p "

i have a question, aint everybody bisexual?? why waste half of humanity as potential sex partners? why wait until you're sent to boarding school or jail to find out you can swing the other way. free your mind dammit!

rotfl

Yes, everybody is bisexual to begin with. Some are comfortable with that and some feel the need to chose side, or just prefer one over the other.

Interesting

For year's the gay community has led us to believe that homosexuality was not a choice but rather God created them that way, however, with the advance research of DNA there is no proof linking a gene to homesexuality. So here is the question, how should schools, parents, or pastors explain homosexuality, exspecially, to the youth?
Well, are you stating that there is no proof, or that DNA research proves there is no connection? What you do from there depends on the resolution.

However, think of chromosomes. XX = girl, XY = boy. Right? Right?

Wrong.

Turns out that an anatomical female may be XY. Hormonal factors can alter human development quite radically. Without the proper testosterone balance, an XY zygote can still develop into an anatomical female.

I have never heard the final proof issued that there is no connection between homosexuality and genetics, but if you say so, sure. Nonetheless, there are other biological factors--creative factors--lending toward gender identification, anatomical identification, and other processes.

The answers are fairly simple:

• Pastors: according to the prejudices of religion
• Schools: according to necessity and relevance
• Parents: according to the priority of principles versus the priority of function

On the one hand, it's real easy for me. I don't even go so far as "tolerance" since, in my opinion, there's nothing that needs tolerating. But for others, especially in terms of parents, I would recommend that parents stop to consider which is more important: that a child should be able to function in a diverse world, or that a child should see others as inferior.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

On the one hand, it's real easy for me. I don't even go so far as "tolerance" since, in my opinion, there's nothing that needs tolerating. But for others, especially in terms of parents, I would recommend that parents stop to consider which is more important: that a child should be able to function in a diverse world, or that a child should see others as inferior.

Well said Tiassa.
Cheers
Teri

Re: Interesting

Originally posted by tiassa
However, think of chromosomes. XX = girl, XY = boy. Right? Right?

Wrong.

Turns out that an anatomical female may be XY. Hormonal factors can alter human development quite radically. Without the proper testosterone balance, an XY zygote can still develop into an anatomical female.

I have never heard the final proof issued that there is no connection between homosexuality and genetics, but if you say so, sure. Nonetheless, there are other biological factors--creative factors--lending toward gender identification, anatomical identification, and other processes.

The answers are fairly simple:

• Pastors: according to the prejudices of religion
• Schools: according to necessity and relevance
• Parents: according to the priority of principles versus the priority of function

thanx,
Tiassa :cool: [/B]

Tiassa,

Well, are you stating that there is no proof, or that DNA research proves there is no connection? What you do from there depends on the resolution.

Given that DNA reasearch is fairly new, at this point, there has been no link between gene's and homosexuality. And I don't believe proof will ever be found. I say this from my own beliefs, not to offend anyone ...to accept that God would create a behavior he identifies as an abomination...calls for questioning of God's character. I'm beginning to believe that homosexuality is a temptation like any other...... you either do it or you don't..given we are under Free Moral Agency....

Tiassa

Back