"Hello, is there anybody in there...?" A call to pagans, pantheists, and assorted...

Yea, not in Amsterdam though, about 60 km to the east of it.

Still, Lucky Bastard! There was this great little coffee house in Amsterdam, though can't say I remember much about the coffee...;)

T1G! out for the night.

Last edited:
Still, Lucky Bastard! There was this great little coffee house in Amsterdam, though can't say I remember much about the coffee...;)

T1G! out for the night.

lol
So you're one of those pothead tourists that give Amsterdam its bad rep ? :p

lol
So you're one of those pothead tourists that give Amsterdam its bad rep ? :p

Actually I came thru on a peace walk, 'A Walk to Moscow' thank you very much, back in '82/83.
We stayed in a squatter building They were called "Krack Houses" after the sound of breaking the lock. It was very cool. And 'Bad name'???
Any city with a statue of a little boy pissing on a fire earns whatever rep it gets.:D

... atmospheric methane, aka natural gas...
Yes but, what does it smell like?
Opps, wrong thread... My bad.

Hum.. I kinda posted that link as a reminder to myself. Kaneda's post might have done he trick.

I've heard tell they sweep the sidewalk before them so as not to step on a bug. And also wear 'dust masks' to keep from inhaling same.
How wide spread these practices are...:shrug:

I've heard tell they sweep the sidewalk before them so as not to step on a bug. And also wear 'dust masks' to keep from inhaling same.
How wide spread these practices are...:shrug:

I think that is taking it a few steps too far.. but it's their lives.
Wouldn't sweeping away bugs hurt them as well.. at least potentially ?

Last edited:
Hum.. I kinda posted that link as a reminder to myself. Kaneda's post might have done he trick.

Oh come on, Surely me being in Amsterdam for political reasons, leftist even, rates at least a small retraction of the "Pot head American" remark. I mean the fact that I am "Pot Head:m:" is only a coincidence.;) I was just trying to embrace local culture. Isn't that what Europeans dislike; when Ami's just want to experience our american culture in other places?;)

I think that is taking it a few steps too far.. but it's their lives.
Wouldn't sweeping away bugs hurt them as well.. at least potentially ?

Yeah, I've thought about that too. Maybe what I heard was a 'myth'.:shrug:
I didn't really think that you're a Jain.
But It is 6 on my list.

Oh come on, Surely me being in Amsterdam for political reasons, leftist even, rates at least a small retraction of the "Pot head American" remark. I mean the fact that I am "Pot Head:m:" is only a coincidence.;) I was just trying to embrace local culture. Isn't that what Europeans dislike; when Ami's just want to experience our american culture in other places?;)

Sorry, I lost you there. I mean the link I posted in post 228.

Back