Having Children, Right or Privilege

Having children....a human right or privilege?

• It is a human right.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • It is a privilege.

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
to be honest, after the op clarified his/her query, this topic is downright stupid.

is being able to concieve and give birth a right or priviledge??? Then that would depend on the society and it's rules governing the individual's rights. Duh! WTF?!

Unless you believe 'inferior' stock should not be allowed to breed and however that is determined.

to be honest, after the op clarified his/her query, this topic is downright stupid.

is being able to concieve and give birth a right or priviledge??? Then that would depend on the society and it's rules governing the individual's rights. Duh! WTF?!

Unless you believe 'inferior' stock should not be allowed to breed and however that is determined.

Uh.. just admit you was wrong :p

In posting this topic I could care less about the (government) LAWS that you adhere to......or anyone else for that matter. Do you think for yourself or do you just follow the leader and plays simon says all day?

YOU PERSONALY how do you feel.....

If you and your significant other wanted a child.......what would you think? Right or privlege?

If you and your significant other wanted a child.......what would you think? Right or privlege?

Lolz, do you really need to ask such an insanely rhetorical question?????

Why would I and a significant other want to just conceive?????? huh?????? but not "raise"?????????? isn't that what you specified, conception???

Of course, a couple would think it's their right to conceive a child when they want it. It's their freaking body!!!

Crazy...

Why would I and a significant other want to just conceive?????? huh?????? but not "raise"?????????? isn't that what you specified, conception???

Of course, a couple would think it's their right to conceive a child when they want it. It's their freaking body!!!

Crazy...

I thought you said that you are really smart..
Yet you can't even separate two simple concepts from each other.. weird.

u are idiots. This thread is proof of that. Priviledge and a right is blurred and moot when it comes to conception and childbirth because the extent of that 'priviledge' or 'right' is determined by society.

I agree. In the US, it is a fundamental (constitutional) right. I would say it is a natural right as well, as we would not have functional reproduction organs if it were not. But I agree, society may disregard natural rights, as in China, and dictate the propagation numbers.

I agree. In the US, it is a fundamental (constitutional) right. I would say it is a natural right as well, as we would not have functional reproduction organs if it were not. But I agree, society may disregard natural rights, as in China, and dictate the propagation numbers.

Exactly.

So what, the OP should have added a geographical location to his question ?
He clearly asked that everyone answered the question from a personal point of view.
The real problem here is that some people can't or don't want to make the distinction between having a baby and raising a child.

u are idiots. This thread is proof of that. Priviledge and a right is blurred and moot when it comes to conception and childbirth because the extent of that 'priviledge' or 'right' is determined by society.

Personally, what do you say.. right or privilege.
RTFQ.

So what, the OP should have added a geographical location to his question ?
He clearly asked that everyone answered the question from a personal point of view.
The real problem here is that some people can't or don't want to make the distinction between having a baby and raising a child.

That is my personal point of view. The right to reproduction is as natural as the right to breath in and out. Parental rights are also constitutional rights (US) and natural rights.

Crazy...

so how would you have framed the poll and question?

My intent for creating this poll was to see how many believe

A)having children is a right.....something that cannot and should not be taken away.

OR

B)having children is a privlege......something that is conditional.......

Finaly, I'm not going to assume all the different variables that makes couples, give up their children for adoption but I do know that it does happen. Considering that children being put of for adoption is real.....you cant say that all couples want to raise their child.

Do you over analyze all questions posed to you?

That is my personal point of view. The right to reproduction is as natural as the right to breath in and out. Parental rights are also constitutional rights (US) and natural rights.

Ok, you separate the two. Peta says she refuses to separate them although she clearly did so in previous posts..

so how would you have framed the poll and question?

My intent for creating this poll was to see how many believe

A)having children is a right.....something that cannot and should not be taken away.

OR

B)having children is a privlege......something that is conditional.......

Finaly, I'm not going to assume all the different variables that makes couples, give up their children for adoption but I do know that it does happen. Considering that children being put of for adoption is real.....you cant say that all couples want to raise their child.

Do you over analyze all questions posed to you?

You should have framed your question better then. You need to specify the conditions because no one believes when and if, their basic "desire" to have a child is not a "right", they will justify it. So the basic question is pointless.

You should have framed your question better then. You need to specify the conditions because no one believes when and if, their basic "desire" to have a child is not a "right", they will justify it. So the basic question is pointless.

It may be pointless, but you can still just answer the question. What's actually the problem here ?
Your problem seems to be that everyone should have the same answer to the question as posed..

how would you have framed it?
saying "should have framed it better" doesnt really help......

specify conditions? Please elaborate....

thx

It may be pointless, but you can still just answer the question. What's actually the problem here ?
Your problem seems to be that everyone should have the same answer to the question as posed..

lol, I answered this question numerous times. Read back.

Back