Having Children, Right or Privilege

Having children....a human right or privilege?

• It is a human right.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • It is a privilege.

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Both my kids were in daycare 8+ hrs, 5 days a week. Was someone else raising my kids?
I know lots of people who think so.

But who decided that? And were you able to pick them back up and take them home or did they override your parental rights and keep them? lol

But who decided that? And were you able to pick them back up and take them home or did they override your parental rights and keep them? lol

But was I raally raising my kids or was I 'farming them out' for someone else to take care of?

Excuse me? A mother doesn't have rights to their own children? That's a first and paramount right before any other involvement from outsiders.

Huh!? Surrogate mothers have babies for couples that can't have kids of their own..

But was I raally raising my kids or was I 'farming them out' for someone else to take care of?

What you do with your kids is still ultimately within your decision barring any interference from society or it's memes.

Huh!? Surrogate mothers have babies for couples that can't have kids of their own..

But it's thier decision to do that with their own seed. They are not making that decision for anyone else's offspring.

priv·i·lege
noun, verb, -leged, -leg·ing.
–noun
1. a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most: the privileges of the very rich.
2. a special right, immunity, or exemption granted to persons in authority or office to free them from certain obligations or liabilities: the privilege of a senator to speak in Congress without danger of a libel suit.
3. a grant to an individual, corporation, etc., of a special right or immunity, under certain conditions.
4. the principle or condition of enjoying special rights or immunities.
5. any of the rights common to all citizens under a modern constitutional government: We enjoy the privileges of a free people.
6. an advantage or source of pleasure granted to a person: It's my privilege to be here.

Why did you vote privilege then :confused:

Because i think it should be a priviledge to raise children. the op didn't specify just pregnancy but 'having' which usually entails the whole gamut of raising and having full parental rights.

I think birth parents should have full rights to their children with the exception of cases of severe abuse. So though i believe it's a natural right, that right is negated when another human being is in harm's way. A child is still another person, not you.

Having children is it a human right?

The OP obviously meant having babies as in getting pregnant and giving birth. Not the years and years after that :bugeye:

A child is not some material property like a car.

Having children is it a human right?

The OP obviously meant having babies as in getting pregnant and giving birth. Not the years and years after that :bugeye:

A child is not some material property like a car.

You are unrealistic. Why would the op ask if it is a right to "have" children if it doesn't entail raisng them too? That's ridiculous, dontcha think?

You are unrealistic. Why would the op ask if it is a right to "have" children if it doesn't entail raisng them too? That's ridiculous, dontcha think?

No I don't :shrug:

Let's wait for the OP to clarify this.

Back