Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

Firstly, this latest ban and moderation is being looked at and reviewed. Waiting to hear back from others on the matter. And hopefully we can have a resolution to this matter sooner rather than later. If we do not, then it is not something that will be ignored, but it is something that is being discussed...

Secondly, there is the perception of some members being protected and allowed to say certain things (ie homophobic speech seems to be protected while criticism of main stream religion is moderated) while others are being over-moderated and micromanaged if they say certain things. This is also something that is being discussed and a resolution of some sort is as wanted by us as it is by posters who frequent this forum.

Believe me, this is far from an ideal situation. It's actually quite painful. But we are all involved in this, in one way or another, be it members and moderators alike. Let's just hope we come out the other end with all our digits intact as well as our sanity (granted, I've lost some of that in this past week)..

Thank you for checking in, Bells. We appreciate that you guys are doing everything you can, but we all want to know why the admins aren't acting. This is absurd.

I have already reversed GIA's infractions - unfortunately, I simply lack the access permissions to reverse the ban. I have contacted our supermoderators to request the ban be reversed.

Is...is that your fancy mod font color??

Thumbs way up, bro. :)

It is. In the absence of the administration taking action, I have come to a simple conclusion - damn the consequences. I am going to do what I feel is right to defend the membership from our Anti-Moderator.

For a brief time I investigated the Gnostic Gospels which then spurred me on to study metaphysics and mysticism. Some may think me a fool but I was trying to attain agape love (the highest form of love) and at that particular time in my life it was helpful in making me a calmer and more accepting person. All of the inward contemplation that goes along with Gnosticism/mysticism/metaphysics was fine for a time but then at some point I had to stop contemplating my belly button and get on with what is real or what was real for me, anyway. Volunteerism is what made me love humanity more than all of my mystical experiences combined could ever have, going outward not inward. We have very little time to be human so let us enjoy this miracle of nature. Oh yeah, and may we never stop learning.

I see nothing wrong with your formula. Respect.

Apotheosis is worth seeking from MPOV but is not required for good people to be good.

Internalization of a myth to activate the pineal gland is what is important to enlightenment and not the myth that is internalized.

It sounds like you did not reach apotheosis but from the Gnostic Christian view, it is not required. As Jesus said, seeking God is more important than finding him or her.

This of course also fits your last remark as the God I know also evolves.

Regards
DL

GIA,

I wish that you would show less contempt for the mainstream view of the Abrahamic god because it tends to get you banned. Your search for your ideal god is your own and railing against a dead religion has bore you no fruit, eh? Your religious fervor is not unlike a fire and brimstone preacher at times even though you are professing to be exactly the opposite, and I believe that you are the opposite, that is. Dial back on the passion, maybe, just a tad.

The Abrahamic religions are not worth your angst, my friend!

To your first.
I too wish that the Abrahamic religions, Christianity Catholicism and Islam were not so contemptible.

They will remain so until they given women and gays the first class citizenship that they deserve.

-------------------------

Equality is a fundamental right that SOME of the Abrahamic cults are denying women and gays.

This is a fundamental and irreconcilable difference between Christians/other Abraham (ists) and Gnostic Christians. As a Christian by birth, it is my duty to be in my religious hierarchies face and showing them that theirs is a poor theology.

Any person that does not recognize our duty to have and enforce equality between us all is not a moral person.

This equal under the law is not to say that we are all equal. But our family responsibilities to mothers, wives and daughters push us to push for equality and not deny equality to those in our own homes.

People not making all religions more worthy of their angst is what has allowed evil to grow and good people will know that to be a Gnostic Christian is to girdle your loins in the morning because you know there are many out there to sift through to find the worthy minds, in terms of fundamental justice.

I was spoiled by apotheosis and now seek ever so much harder. I may get more pleasure from the daily learning you spoke of than those less, eh, fundamental. I think there was a wise man who said to either run hot or run cold. I apply that to morals.

If Good and Evil are in balance as Yin and Yang then good men and their goodness can be known by the size of their evil adversary.

If inequality is indeed evil and the Abrahamic cults promote it then all who believe in equality should fundamentally oppose them.

That is the fact that likely prompted Rome to decide that the Gnostics had to die. They did not want equality and lose the rights of Kings.

Such is what the Abrahamic cults have been manipulated into being. Such is why even today, those against equality do not like us Gnostic Christians much. Neither do governments. Our Jesus is more like the forgotten Jewish Jesus. The one who craved freedom from oppression. Not the Roman boot licker that governments have produced.

Regards
DL

Sounds like a good plan everyone. I am currently working on GIA's "ban" as it was unwarranted, especially in light of what Roger and Jan have been allowed to get away with posting.

[video=youtube;2CVJFQkPkCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CVJFQkPkCg[/video]

Kittamaru, please follow the plan of attack.

[video=youtube;_tUGy2IwNmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUGy2IwNmw[/video]

Regards
DL

Unreal. Roger Pearse calls homosexuality evil, suggests that gays aren't people, yet he remains unscathed. GIA criticizes religious texts and gets banned? Are you fucking serious?

[video=youtube;Iwu-6GxBHN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwu-6GxBHN4[/video]

Regards
DL

Back