Goodbye Thread

Not that I've really been around long enough to comment, but I agree with what Q and a few others have said:
Originally posted by (Q)
Yeah, I know, you've been saying good-bye for a couple of days now. Get on with it.
If you have issues with some of the members it seems better to pm them, and surely you have some of them on messenger somewhere, or email or something. Starting a thread for the entire forum to see looks like you're trying to go out in a blaze of glory, and the blaze is quickly fading.

Originally posted by (Q)
You are not defending in starting these threads, you are attacking. No one forced you to start these threads to attack us.

No one asked you to reply in the threads TruthSeeker started. You could have ignored them and go on to threads you prefer more.

Let's see, how many threads have been started about TruthSeeker by you and some others here at the Forums?:rolleyes:

See you TruthSeeker, know that you are always welcome to post here, whenever you can. Doesn't matter if that is tomorrow, next week, in a few months or whatever. ;)

For that matter, where have I attacked Nelson?

I've stated his past behavior to other posters. Frankly, I owed it to them.

So show me where I attacked Nelson.

I've been acerbic. I've noted that a hairshirt beats trying to debate him. I've defended my country's honour against his stupid attacks.

Yet where have I attacked Nelson?

He has called me too stupid to understand his "simple" message of Love. He has called me stupider than his dog. He, in attacking Americans, has attacked me by default.

So come on, Banshee, Nelson, what horrible, awfull mean things did I say to Nelson?

God knows, I've shattered young Nelson's illusions and destroyed his faith in the goodness of mankind. I am a horrible, evil and pathetic excuse for a woman. :rolleyes:

Grow the fuck up and get some fucking balls, because the fault is hardly mine.

Edit to add:

BECAUSE FOR A STRANGE STUPID REASON I STILL LOVE YOU NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU INSULTED ME...!!!!

Nelson, get your goddamned hands off my man.

Last edited:
Q, let the record show that it was MY idea for Truthseeker to post a goodbye thread.

If I knew what was gonna come from it, I would have asked him to pm me goodbye.

TruthSeeker,
I hope you will be happy wherever you go.

I am in the awkward position of agreeing with you on many points (e.g. the "love"-thing, and with that the [English] language).
On the other hand I have been annoyed by your unscientific (sometimes even anti-scientific) posts in the science section.

Hope that this illustrates (Q)'s point: 'And yes, we attacked your point of view, THAT"S WHY WE'RE ALL HERE! This is a forum, a place to debate thoughts, ideas and theories.'

Once I started a thread on an objective base for ethics. I have learned most from those who couldn't agree with me at all.
Just as in sports, you need your advesaries to grow! Even if you were right all along, you need to hear counter agruments.

I hope you will grow even further in wisdom. "You have the gift" (Matrix quote).

Concluding - I will miss you, but I won't miss you in the science dept.

Love,
Rogier Merlijn

Banshee

No one asked you to reply in the threads TruthSeeker started. You could have ignored them and go on to threads you prefer more.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Truthseeker posts, members respond. Is this not a forum to do exactly that ? The problem is that Truthseeker cannot tell the difference between criticism and insults. We criticize his ideas and theories, he insults us.

And if you're giving reference to this particular thread, I am responding because his direction of attack was specifically at me as well as other members. Of course, I'm going to respond.

One thing you fail to notice is that I never respond to Truthseekers insults in kind. I always direct my attention to his ideas and theories. In other words, I've never called him names or referred to him as stupid, dumb, etc.

A4ever

Q, let the record show that it was MY idea for Truthseeker to post a goodbye thread.

If I knew what was gonna come from it, I would have asked him to pm me goodbye.

No one is blaming you for your request. In fact, it was a very good request however, Truthseeker did not handle it well. Rather than trying to leave Sciforums with a little dignity, he instead decided to diss a few members on his way out. As well, his unsubstantiated claims that we insult him could not go unnoticed as they are not true.

And since Truthseeker has taken advantage of your good nature in this manner, he is insulting you as much as us. You should be offended.

Xev

Nelson, get your goddamned hands off my man.

Those loyalties are for the women of Sciforums. ;)

Which one of these brains would be turned down by an organ bank?

You are the weakest link...
Good Bye.

So far we've heard "I am out of here" and "Goodbye". Yet the thread keeps going for 4 freakin' pages. And he keeps responding.

Is the little bastard actually going to leave?

Yes I will be sorry to. Just as sorry as I was to see Jar Jar not have a role in AoTC

I feel fairly rude being here right now, I'd like to say though, and this is the best place for it- that I've been browsing around trying to get to know you all and this thread has been by far the most helpful. You all seem alright. straining against some bars here and there, but just the same, alright.

Originally posted by (Q)
That doesn't make any sense at all. Truthseeker posts, members respond. Is this not a forum to do exactly that ? The problem is that Truthseeker cannot tell the difference between criticism and insults. We criticize his ideas and theories, he insults us.

And if you're giving reference to this particular thread, I am responding because his direction of attack was specifically at me as well as other members. Of course, I'm going to respond.

One thing you fail to notice is that I never respond to Truthseekers insults in kind. I always direct my attention to his ideas and theories. In other words, I've never called him names or referred to him as stupid, dumb, etc.

Yes, you are right. It was just because of all the "attacks" and threads which were started about TruthSeeker that made me reply in this thread, the way I did.

I agree with you that you never insulted him by calling him names. It is a debate Forum and that's why everybody is here and repying to eachother's posts. To make discussions. I am off the thread and off this "case". :)

From what I've undertstood from TruthSeekers posts, is that he will leave Saturday by plane, so probably he will be gone by then. I wish you luck TruthSeeker. Have a good time. Untill we meet again... ;)

Hmmm... It would appear Truthseeker is once again up to his old tricks.

Truthseeker, I thought you said good-bye to everyone. I thought you left Canada to go home. I thought you said you weren't going to post anymore. Were your good-bye threads nothing more than a ploy to attract attention to yourself ?

What say you today ? Are you here or are you there or are you everywhere ?

I'm sorry to hear you crying for truthseeker, Q.
I can inform you that TS is really in Brasil now and having real problems with internet connection.
We had an alternate discussion which has stopped now.
I hope he'll get that connection back, because during our discussion I noticed some improvements.
Or maybe it's just when I'm talking with him outside the forums:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear you crying for truthseeker, Q. I can inform you that TS is really in Brasil now and having real problems with internet connection.

Boo-hoo ! Then it confirms his 'Goodbye Thread' was a lot of baloney and he was only trying to attract negative attention, again, ad nauseum.

Ja, Q, he seems to have been trying to make it look like he was being "persecuted" and forced to leave.

Back