God said kill you first son

Originally posted by okinrus
No, but generally the UFO stuft is under hypnosis. Many of it might be demonic. Some of the sexual stories resembles succubi type creatures but right now we can saftly assume that they are false.

PayPal $100,000,000.00 US to godlied@yahoo.com and I will personally build you a UFO that goes in any direction without demons in 6 months from the date of reciept....unless demons are responsible for electromagnetism.

GodLied.

I was wondering why I got an email from the religion section. I always stay out of it, I get headaches.. Somebody was browsing on my PC, and posted under my login. grrr.

I had a brief look at this thread. It may or may not be, but this link on the Nephilim might interest Okinrus and SnakeLord. I spotted it up a while back, while I was researching some commercial expert system stuff.
http://www.mt.net/~watcher/enoch5.html

The reason I was looking at the Nephilim, was part research on the causes of irrational or abnormal brain function. Obsessive 'cyclic thinking' is a potential problem with expert systems. I was chasing every possible, sane or not data I could find on the genetic origins of aberrant brain chemistry. Nothing worse than a terminally depressed computer, your screensaver saying it hates you every Monday... The guy's were giving me scared looks for weeks afterward, medical books and holy books on my desk freaked them out ;) Lol.

One thing, I should probably not say... is that a lot of people have been referring to stuff other people told them in this thread. So.. in that vein, I never verified this link fully myself, I don’t know who Brother Blue is. At a quick read it seemed much more scholarly than most, but it's always good to check an author's bio.

Oh, and one quick more serious note, I know the thread is about murder etc but it seemed to change direction a bit.

I low-rent backpack a fair bit around the world and have met several people who were often in fear of the presence of evil around them. I have NO DOUBT that these experiences seemed absolutely real to them. I don’t say this lightly. It seemed all had been diagnosed with well-recognised illnesses. Often they suffered cruelly, due to the social stigma of manageable or (increasingly), curable PHYSICAL mental illness. The few people I encountered were unsupported and could not maintain their treatment. Epilepsy (there many levels) or severe depression (again many types) were the cause in these cases. There may be other causes also. They were all basically decent, intelligent people who just wanted to feel well.

I am not trying to detract from people's religious/otherwise beliefs, however from what I know, the modern C.C. is instructed to exhaust every possible medical cause, before taking 'unconventional' action.

Muslims can't eat pigs, I never mentioned Jews.
Dudes you have to chill out. Don't condemn yourselves with illusions of the mind. There is no Satan. I mean yeah there are negative forces trying to screw you up but a little red-horned man- never.
The god from the Bible is very self contradicting. At first an avengeful god then Jesus tries to make him seem like a very merciful one. that is why the Bible isn't that reliable.
Automan, what do you mean?

sure but it is not reality. SnakeLord, have fun though.

Eh? What's all that in aid of?

It's like a drug addict..... he uses a drug, (heroin for example).. The drug then proceeds to take the person wherever it wants, as opposed to what he would want.

It's controlling vs being controlled. I have bumped into a couple of people on this forum who seem overly obsessed with demons and see them in every crack in the wall. I'm sure there was a time when this obsession was fully controlled by the indivdual, for whatever original reason- abusive parents, an overall lack of self worth, or whatever. Eventually the demons take control- the illusion takes them wherever it wants. The person no longer has control of that which he has created- instead it runs rampant within his mind creating illusion upon illusion to satisfy the craving it has put in his brain.

Personally i think the line has a lot of merit, gnr song or not. Being serious drug taking rockers they'd understand what mental illusion and lack of control are.

Now.... i have kindly donated my time to give an explanation as to why it has merit, perhaps you can give an explanation to tell me why you suggest "it's not reality".

Eagerly awaiting response.

Snake.

P.S I always have fun. If i don't enjoy something, i don't do it.

I'm not over obsessed about demons. Your taking out of context what I said before. Serpents, snakes, scorpians, locust, pigs are all metaphores for demons. I did not say physical whatever are demons because demons are spiritual beasts only(except for the anti-christ, but that's another story).

Serpents, snakes, scorpians, locust, pigs are all metaphores for demons

Or more accurately, serpents have been demonized.
To the ancient people the serpent was a symbol of wisdom.

In gilgamesh, which I think is the oldest story written, the snake steals the plant that turns back the effect of aging. So they've aways been crafty and bit malacious.

I'm not over obsessed about demons. Your taking out of context what I said before. Serpents, snakes, scorpians, locust, pigs are all metaphores for demons. I did not say physical whatever are demons because demons are spiritual beasts only(except for the anti-christ, but that's another story).

Snakes are serpents. Scorpians aren't liked by some because they are toxic. Locusts are not liked because they eat crops. Pigs are not demons to pig hunters and pot bellied pig owners.

GodLied.

Originally posted by Circe
Or more accurately, serpents have been demonized.
To the ancient people the serpent was a symbol of wisdom.

Aren't two snakes in the logo for medical practitioners as it appears on ambulances?

GodLied.

In gilgamesh, which I think is the oldest story written, the snake steals the plant that turns back the effect of aging. So they've aways been crafty and bit malacious.
The oldest story written in which language? Do you forget pre-Christian civilizations and the history of colonizations of India? Writing predates gilgamesh.

GodLied.

That's fully understandable if you look at the area and types of snake that inhabit it. Snakes and scorpions of that region can quite easily kill people. In general, creatures like these do not sit out in the open. They find quiet, dark places to 'hide out'. The old "snake slithering up the bed" scenario is a common example of this. Thus to the man with no knowledge, they would appear deceptive and cunning, when in fact- they're just looking for somewhere to hang out, which is suitable for their needs. In honesty you'd need snakes and the like if making a story about deception etc... it's not like cows are suitable is it? But i suppose you regard a snake talking to adam and a snake stealing the secret pot of aloe vera as complete and undeniable facts?

Furthermore, they have nothing to do with demons, no more than ticks/leeches/mosquitos are all offspring of dracula.

At those times snakes were very common in writings/depictions simply because they were the most well recognised danger. Snakes, scorpions, and locusts all can cause extreme problems for a guy- and as such would be hated just like modern day farmers hate crows, modern day postmen hate dogs, etc.

Look at stories involving animals, look at the time that story was around and then work out why....

Look at the piper of hamlin, (and other well known stories involving mass slaughter of rats). Why do you think a guy would have driven rats into the sea, at that time and place, instead of snakes?

Many animals are hated- that doesn't mean they're to blame.

Originally posted by SnakeLord
Eh? What's all that in aid of?

It's like a drug addict..... he uses a drug, (heroin for example).. The drug then proceeds to take the person wherever it wants, as opposed to what he would want.

It's controlling vs being controlled. I have bumped into a couple of people on this forum who seem overly obsessed with demons and see them in every crack in the wall. I'm sure there was a time when this obsession was fully controlled by the indivdual, for whatever original reason- abusive parents, an overall lack of self worth, or whatever. Eventually the demons take control- the illusion takes them wherever it wants. The person no longer has control of that which he has created- instead it runs rampant within his mind creating illusion upon illusion to satisfy the craving it has put in his brain.

Personally i think the line has a lot of merit, gnr song or not. Being serious drug taking rockers they'd understand what mental illusion and lack of control are.

Now.... i have kindly donated my time to give an explanation as to why it has merit, perhaps you can give an explanation to tell me why you suggest "it's not reality".

Eagerly awaiting response.

Snake.

P.S I always have fun. If i don't enjoy something, i don't do it.

hmmm... i pity the people that can't control their minds. do you think illusions are reality? if not then the demons you see are not real and vice versa. it all depends on how you see illusions. about my comment on wishing you lots of fun, it was a general comment- don't get all defensive.

sorry my response is so short,
Voltaire

leave the freakin animals alone, the only animals one should blame are humans. poor snakes. stupid moses made genesis up, didn't a serpent bite him or something.

BTW if u did not know, Moses was the author of the book genesis

Moses wasn't the sole author of genesis. Genesis was probably in the chronicles of the Jewish people before Moses. Moses and the Jewish people were famaliar with Abraham before Moses recieved his revelation from God.

hmmm... i pity the people that can't control their minds. do you think illusions are reality?

I'm sure to them, the illusion is as real as anything else.

One particular afternoon i was sitting here, when a figure in white, (plainly visible in the reflection of the computer monitor), walked past in the background. I span around- you see.... something like that is an instant reality. You would, in future, state: "I saw something but i dont know what it was." So to the brain, you did in fact see something real. Was that purely illusion?

When you couple that with 'convenient' other circumstances such as:

Later that night i found out my friend had died.

And voila! You have a "real" vision of a ghostly entity. Doesn't mean it was real, but it's a hard task convincing someone it was just an illusion-

Once someone has the first "vision" of his first demon- If he looks too hard he will undoubtedly progress and eventually see them everywhere.

BTW if u did not know, Moses was the author of the book genesis

Know that for a fact? Furthermore, i suggest you read some Sumerian- it's great :)

Moses wasn't the sole author of genesis. Genesis was probably in the chronicles of the Jewish people before Moses. Moses and the Jewish people were famaliar with Abraham before Moses recieved his revelation from God.

Ah! Abraham... A Sumerian. But of course, there's no way a Sumerian would inform anyone else of all the old Sumerian texts and beliefs.

Seriously, anyone interested in history should take time to read Sumerian.

whatever, SnakLord. i don't fu****g care about illusions. If you want to meddle around with them, well honey that is your problem. about moses, it says it in my Bible. most probable that there are more authors which weakens the credibility of the book even more. dude just in case, don't take my comments to heart, i am very nonchalant in religious matters.

"All that is certain is that nothing is certain." -Montaigue
"The truth is that there is no truth." -Buddhist scriptures

Love ya :p ,
Voltaire

Back