God is almost omnipotent. He has many limits.

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

Seems to me that God has a few limits.

He cannot reproduce true.
He cannot enjoy sex.
He cannot reproduce without bestiality or cross species breeding.
He can only reproduce half breed chimeras like Jesus.
He could not create a heaven without Satan.
He could not create Eden without evil in it.
He cannot control wayward demons or devils.
He cannot sin, although scripture says he does.
He cannot live without needs like adoration, honour, obedience, love.
He cannot accept a soul into heaven without us accepting Jesus and human sacrifice.
He could not forgive sin without having Jesus sacrificed.
Feel free to add to this list.

How then can Christians say that God omnipotent, all-powerful and without limits when he clearly has many?

Regards
DL
He also can't learn (he has all knowledge).
He can't forget (he has all knowledge).
He can't feel (involves changing from one mental state to another - God only exists in a state of ALL KNOWING).
He can't be surprised, thus he doesn't find anything funny (knows all punchlines).

"He"... dare I say "It" exists as a celestial hard-drive in the sky.

It can't want, as It has everything as It is "Perfect".
Thus It creates and destroys consciousnesses ....only on whim.

It, is quite creepy if you ask me.

Michael, et al,

I'm not promoting one side or the other. But none of these limits apply to an Infinite Being, Supreme within the Universe, which has "GOD Powers."

Greatest I am said:

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

Seems to me that God has a few limits.

He cannot reproduce true.
He cannot enjoy sex.
He cannot reproduce without bestiality or cross species breeding.
He can only reproduce half breed chimeras like Jesus.
He could not create a heaven without Satan.
He could not create Eden without evil in it.
He cannot control wayward demons or devils.
He cannot sin, although scripture says he does.
He cannot live without needs like adoration, honour, obedience, love.
He cannot accept a soul into heaven without us accepting Jesus and human sacrifice.
He could not forgive sin without having Jesus sacrificed.
Feel free to add to this list.

How then can Christians say that God omnipotent, all-powerful and without limits when he clearly has many?

He can't feel (involves changing from one mental state to another - God only exists in a state of ALL KNOWING).
He can't be surprised, thus he doesn't find anything funny (knows all punchlines).

(CLARIFICATION)

This is false logic, which is neither sound nor valid relative to human limitations applied to the "Infinite Supreme Being (SB);" if you consider the SB to be omnipotent and omniscient. If your definition excludes these "GOD Powers," then, you can apply the limitions, but you would not be applying them to the SB.

Most Respectfully,
R

Simply:

"God does not make one suffer for no reason nor does He make one happy for no reason. God is very fair and gives you exactly what you deserve."[ resulting balance/homeostatis]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

God said that Job was agood man yet he made an immoral bet with Satan and had him give Job and his familly many woes and death.

Did he deserve it?

Was the destruction of Sodom evil and deserved?

Was God having his son murdered needlessly evil and deserved?

Was the genocide of Noah's day evil to the innocent children and babies and deserved?

God had many moral options for all of those.

Do you find him guilty like these good people do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

The impossible is always creepy I think.

Regards
DL

Michael, et al,

I'm not promoting one side or the other. But none of these limits apply to an Infinite Being, Supreme within the Universe, which has "GOD Powers."

(CLARIFICATION)

This is false logic, which is neither sound nor valid relative to human limitations applied to the "Infinite Supreme Being (SB);" if you consider the SB to be omnipotent and omniscient. If your definition excludes these "GOD Powers," then, you can apply the limitions, but you would not be applying them to the SB.

Most Respectfully,
R

But if unseen and claimed by so called believers, we can say that they are lying.

Regards
DL

God said that Job was agood man yet he made an immoral bet with Satan and had him give Job and his familly many woes and death.

Did he deserve it?

Was the destruction of Sodom evil and deserved?

Was God having his son murdered needlessly evil and deserved?

Was the genocide of Noah's day evil to the innocent children and babies and deserved?

God had many moral options for all of those.

Do you find him guilty like these good people do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

God, for example, should be a balanced or midway entity like a centerline in a wave. He should neither be acidic nor alkaline but like neutral pH of water. Acid+base=salt+water. Water thought has 7 pH but still neither acidic nor basic. Neutral does not mean zero pH. He should be a balance state in between good & bad, positive & negative.

"A deity is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).
Hold that it is part of a deity's nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent r said deity to go against its own laws unless there was a reason to do so."

Above 2 definitions at wiki suggest that God simply has limitation that he can not go against his nature.

God, for example, should be a balanced or midway entity like a centerline in a wave. He should neither be acidic nor alkaline but like neutral pH of water. Acid+base=salt+water. Water thought has 7 pH but still neither acidic nor basic. Neutral does not mean zero pH. He should be a balance state in between good & bad, positive & negative.

Thanks for the B S and ignoring the questions.

I hope you are not stupid enough to think that any here are stupid enough to accept you B S as a real answer.

Regards
DL

"A deity is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).
Hold that it is part of a deity's nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent r said deity to go against its own laws unless there was a reason to do so."

Above 2 definitions at wiki suggest that God simply has limitation that he can not go against his nature.

Is lying in God's nature?

Is causing others to lie morally wrong?

If you put a lie in someone’s head, and they pass on that lie believing it to be true, are you culpable for those passed on lies or is the one you lied to originally culpable?

If God does the same and puts a lie in someone's head and they pass it on, is God a liar?

Give a clear answer and not the type of B S you gave above or have the good grace to just go away.

Regards
DL

Thanks for the B S and ignoring the questions.

I hope you are not stupid enough to think that any here are stupid enough to accept you B S as a real answer.

Regards
DL

Although God is said to be indescribable so all interpretations about him should be just speculation so stupid.

Is lying in God's nature?

Is causing others to lie morally wrong?

If you put a lie in someone’s head, and they pass on that lie believing it to be true, are you culpable for those passed on lies or is the one you lied to originally culpable?

If God does the same and puts a lie in someone's head and they pass it on, is God a liar?

Give a clear answer and not the type of B S you gave above or have the good grace to just go away.

Regards
DL

It looks quite logical and valid to me that God is equanimous. He is not one sided. Nothing in quality, as such can be wrong but can be odd/toxic in quantity. Hormesis,, homeopathy etc. do suggest high dose inhibition and low dose stimulation. Look to trinities--in hindu's Brama, Vishnu, Mahash indicated to balance the nature or to keep nature intobalance by creation, maintainance & destruction . I think it is also similar to BB theory, Lord Mahesh/Shiva whose GODLIKE work is destruction, does not mean HE is not considered as God or He is a Killer so can't be a God. Think if no one get suffered/sick/die what will be fate of this world, it will just move one sided and will exhast at one day. Think in equanimity, you may respect my theory and may then consider your thinking as odd/BS. Best.

Greatest I am, et al,

I apologize for my tardy reply; my other life intervened.

But if unseen and claimed by so called believers, we can say that they are lying.
(COMMENT)

Lying has to do with statements of fact and knowledge; not statements of faith. So, in this case, seldom we we counter-claim with the accusation of "lying."

I have never seen an atom (subatomic particle). But I have faith in the rigors of science, it philosophy and its methodology. I believe there is such a thing as an atom.

No one has ever felt, seen or detected the fabric of space; but it is widely held to be a characteristic of the universe. No one has every fully described gravity; yet we all see and feel a phenomenon that we call gravity.

Most Respectfully,
R

Greatest I am, et al,

I apologize for my tardy reply; my other life intervened.

(COMMENT)

Lying has to do with statements of fact and knowledge; not statements of faith. So, in this case, seldom we we counter-claim with the accusation of "lying."

I have never seen an atom (subatomic particle). But I have faith in the rigors of science, it philosophy and its methodology. I believe there is such a thing as an atom.

No one has ever felt, seen or detected the fabric of space; but it is widely held to be a characteristic of the universe. No one has every fully described gravity; yet we all see and feel a phenomenon that we call gravity.

Most Respectfully,
R

Yes and science has shown that animals, snakes and donkeys, cannot talk human, and any that say that they do, are lying.

Regards
DL

Back