God is almost omnipotent. He has many limits.

Greatest I am

Valued Senior Member

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

Seems to me that God has a few limits.

He cannot reproduce true.
He cannot enjoy sex.
He cannot reproduce without bestiality or cross species breeding.
He can only reproduce half breed chimeras like Jesus.
He could not create a heaven without Satan.
He could not create Eden without evil in it.
He cannot control wayward demons or devils.
He cannot sin, although scripture says he does.
He cannot live without needs like adoration, honour, obedience, love.
He cannot accept a soul into heaven without us accepting Jesus and human sacrifice.
He could not forgive sin without having Jesus sacrificed.
Feel free to add to this list.

How then can Christians say that God omnipotent, all-powerful and without limits when he clearly has many?

Regards
DL

Omnipotent is defined in part as having power or authority without limits IOW, almighty.

Seems to me that God has a few limits.

He cannot reproduce true.

Says you.

He cannot enjoy sex.

Says you

He cannot reproduce without bestiality or cross species breeding.

Says you

He could not create a heaven without Satan.

True.

He could not create Eden without evil in it.

Not true. Eden is just a garden.

He cannot control wayward demons or devils.

He could, but control sounds like a demon.

He cannot live without needs like adoration, honour, obedience, love.

Not true.

He could not forgive sin without having Jesus sacrificed.

Jesus sacrificed himself for his brother and sister apostles. God did not have him scarified.

Jesus sacrificed himself for his brother and sister apostles. God did not have him scarified.
:bugeye:

24.gif

Says you.

True.

Thanks for agreeing that God could not do it and has a limit.

Not true. Eden is just a garden.

True but evil was still in it in the form of Satan or a talking snake.
He could, but control sounds like a demon.

If he could then he would have prevented Satan from being in the garden. Right?

Not true.

Let me give as precise an explanation as you did.

True.

Not according to scriptures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related

Regards
DL

But, according to theology it makes no sense for God to save Moses, and kill Jesus. How does this fit into the grand scheme?

both where an example for Man..

Both were to 'Save' Man..

and GIA most of your points are Mans interpretation of the why's and how's..

I don't know if you believe that Jesus was God or not but many Christians do. They say that Jesus was God in the flesh.

So basically God committed suicide. But it is said he cannot die, so the sacrifice was a ruse, a trick, a forgery,

Three more things God can't do.

Cannot Die
Cannot commit Suicide.
Cannot keep his story straight.

I don't know if you believe that Jesus was God or not but many Christians do. They say that Jesus was God in the flesh.

So basically God committed suicide. But it is said he cannot die, so the sacrifice was a ruse, a trick, a forgery,

Cannot Die
Cannot commit Suicide.

Good one, Seagypsy. Cannot keep his story straight!

Only to those who are incapable of logically reconciling omnipotence and free agency.

Thanks for showing how that is done.

We have all learned much from your er, ah, explanation.
All is now reconciled for us. :shrug:

Regards
DL

Of course.

Who else's interpretation do we have?
All that has ever been said and written about God has been from men.

exactly..my point is to be careful about your conclusions..

take the statement "God can't keep his story straight"
since it is men that are expressing their stories, it is not God who is not keeping the story straight..

and

The bible is a compilation of many stories, with a common theme, think of it like this, pick up a book of poetry compiled from various authors, individually each poet has a particular frame of reference, but if you were to analyze the whole book there would be inconsistencies and conflicting stories, it would be inaccurate to claim the whole book of poetry as bogus because none of the stories 'lined up' with each other..same with the bible, and i think i could go a little further with this analogy and say that if one was to take the book of poetry literally, it would cause as many problems as one who takes the bible literally.

and

Do you really think that every person in the world will learn certain concepts the same way?
It requires different methods of teaching to teach different ppl, sure there is a majority issue, IE most ppl will learn X by teaching in this manner,(this is where schools focus), but there is still those that will not learn by that method, see 'No kid left behind' policy, and ask teachers if that works..
(side rant) the government is crippling teachers by forcing them to teach a certain form,they don't allow teachers to use their own judgement as to how best to teach a student..(done side rant)

Cannot Die
Cannot commit Suicide.

He did die, by all biblical accounts, while remaining in His domain.
He didn't commit suicide, he was muirdered.

It's wasn't a trick by the account, because He did die (if you believe Jesus is God)

jan.

He did die, by all biblical accounts, while remaining in His domain.
He didn't commit suicide, he was muirdered.

It's wasn't a trick by the account, because He did die (if you believe Jesus is God)

jan.

It was murder. I agree. God is culpable for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott15j2KwQ&feature=related

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related

Regards
DL

Back