God does exist.

"Wow, that is a pretty ignorant statement, would you like me to post some? Just say the word."
----------------------------------------

Okay. Word.

><>

Jesus is not a god

Jn.8:40
"But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God."

Jn.14:28
"My Father is greater than I."

Acts 17:31
"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."

1 Cor.11:3
"The head of Christ is God."

Col.3:1
"Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."

1 Tim.2:5
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

edit - inspector, I'm waiting

Last edited:
Thanks Avatar for those quotes, here are a couple more:

Mark 10:18 - And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

Luke 18:19 - And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

Mark 11:13 - And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

Certainly the Almight "God" would know that it wasn't fig season.

Please don't conviently look away from the verse. They clearly explain that Jesus is not God, no matter how you want to interpret them. Now I'm sure you can find some they state the opposite, but if you know that the Bible is filled with these obvious contradictions how and why do you hold it to such a high authority? Get my point?

"In the beggining was the WORD, the word was with God, and the WORD was God....and the WORD became flesh, and dwelt among us. He was in the beggining with the world, all things were made through him, but the woirld recieve him not. But to those who did, he gave power and authority to become children of God. BORN NOT OF POWER, NOR BY WILL, BUT OF SPIRIT"- John...

This proves Jesus is God..The Word incarnate...And it also proves in the beggining (Genesis). Adam and Eve are not literally the first Human species, but are born of the spirit of God, they became children of God in a SPIRITUAL SENSE....

"Truly if you have seen me, you have seen the Father"- Jesus Christ..

"I will go to heaven and prepare a place for you"- Jesus Christ..

"Amen I say to you, before Abraham was, I am"- Jesus Christ..

There are so much evidence of Jesus as God. Those who disagrees otherwise are those who take words in the bible OUT OF CONTEXT, and build a church based ON THE SMALL PART THEY UNDERSTOOD, such as Jehova's witness and other cults. Because of this kind of interpretation, there are over 20,000 denominations today..

There are 3 divine persons in One God. We are created in the image of God. We function through our Mind, heart, and Spirit (influences)...The bible have stated this in Genesis..

In Genesis this is the Holy Trinity.

Lord...God....Spirit..
"Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness. Let them have dominions over all the fish of the sea, birds of the air, and over all the creatures on the ground". Genesis ch.1 v.26

"US" means more than 1. But works together as ONE. Just as your mind doesnt always do what your heart tells you, and your spirit doesnt always reflect what your heart does but can be the result by other influence. The fact is mind, heart, and spirit are separate entity that makes up a human being...But we work AS ONE, as we are created in the image of God...

Last edited:
God is a trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God. They are in absolute perfect harmony consisting of one substance. They are coeternal, coequal, and copowerful. If any one of the three were removed, there would be no God. The Trinity can be a difficult concept to understand. Some think it is a logical contradiction. Others call it a mystery. Does the Bible teach it? Yes it does, see trinity, but that doesn't automatically make it easier to comprehend.

The Trinity is defined as one God who exists in three eternal, simultaneous, and distinct persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Such a definition may suffice for some, but for others this explanation is insufficient. Therefore, to help understand the Trinity better, I offer the following analogy that, I think, is hinted at in Rom. 1:20: "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made." Notice that this verse says God's attributes, power, and nature, can be clearly seen in creation. What does that mean? Should we be able to learn about God's attributes, power, and nature by looking at what He has made? Apparently, according to the Bible, this is possible.

When a painter paints a picture, what is in him is reflected in the painting he produces. When a sculptor creates a work of art, it is from his heart and mind that the source of the sculpture is born. The work is shaped by his creative ability. The creators of art leave their marks, something that is their own, something that reflects what they are. Is this the same with God? Has God left His fingerprints on creation? Of course He has.

><>

whatsupyall,

Like I said, you can find many verse in the Bible that set Jesus equal to God but you can also find just as many that contradict it. I think you are missing the point. If you claim those scriptures are evidence then what of the scripture Avatar and I provided? Are they evidence against your case?

"Jn.14:28
"My Father is greater than I."

inspector, I'm waiting"
---------------------------------------------

Let's take a look at this one for a minute.

Jesus said the Father was greater than He not because Jesus is not God, but because Jesus was also a man and as a man he was in a lower position. He was ". . . made for a little while lower than the angels . . ." (Heb. 2:9). Also in Phil. 2:5-8, it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men . . ."

Jesus has two natures. Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man. As a man, he was in a lesser position than the Father. He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9). He became a man to die for people.

A comparison can be found in the marriage relationship. Biblically, a husband is greater in position and authority than his wife. But, he is no different in nature and he is not better than she. They share the same nature, being human, and they work together by love.

So, Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was simply acknowledging that He was also a man and as a man, he was subject to the laws of God so that He might redeem those who were under the law; namely, sinners (Gal. 4:4-5).

SCRIPTURES QUOTED:

Phil. 2:5-8, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

Col. 2:9, "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,"

Gal. 4:4-5, "But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons."

Heb. 2:9, "But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone."

Atheists usually attempt to invalidate the Bible by taking individual passages and quoting them out of context. Like I stated before, without understanding certain biblical doctrines, such as soteriology and the Trinity, one cannot understand the Bible. However, this will be predictably and summarily explained away without any valid or logical commentary.

><>

how about the place in the bible where Jesus says that we all are God's children - and Jesus supposedly is a son of god- therefore I am also a child of god (according to the bible)

Not sure I understand your question, but Genesis 1:27 tell us that God created man 'in his image'. You are created in the image of God. Obviously, this is not referring to physical attributes, but instead, spiritual attributes. The ability to love, to make moral decisions, etc.

><>

no- I am talking about what Jesus has said - "we all are children of god"

sorry- I don't remember the exact place- don't read bible in a forever repeat lol

Are you alluding to John 1:12?

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God........"

What do you find intriguing/difficult about this verse?

><>

there was some other, but we can take this also.

(damn- I could bet there was a line- you (or we) all are children of god)

to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
so- a child of god has not to be a god as many christians put it for Jesus - it's a status of a believer

edit-

this thread is 62 pages long :eek:

This one?

1 John 3:2

'Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.'

This passage is demonstrating the rewards of salvation for those who believe in Him (children of God), which is acquired by God's grace (a free gift) through one's faith in Him (Romans 5:1).

><>

1 Tim.2:5
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

There is only one mediator between God and man, Jesus the true God and true man...
That is another word for "There is only one connection between the heavens and the earth", and that is Jesus. Not your pastors, not Billy Graham, not Pope John Paul, not the priest...But Jesus Christ...they are all humans, though God use them as an instrument, but it is not because of them but the spirit of God within them...

Jesus Christ is True God and True man.. Jesus perfected the law and fulfilled it...You cant just say "Jesus is true God", because then you will say "How could God obey to a human being like Mary his mother?", therefore Jesus is True God and True man...You cant also say "Jesus is true man", because then you will say "How could he be human if ressurected into heaven in flesh and spirit?", so again the right name for Jesus is "True God and True man", "Emmanuel" God is with us..

"Noone can come to the Father but through Hme"- Jesus..the WORD incarnate.."My WORDS are spirit and life"- Jesus...

It means noone can go to heaven but through morality, and virtous way of living, in summary, noone can come to the Father but through LOVE..You can claim to be buddhist, or christian, or pagan, but you are judged by your virtue and love regardless of title,, but faith in Jesus is important, because thats another word for faith in love, faith in clubbing, faith in weapons, faith in cars, are all faith in greed, lust, and violence, those are bad faith...period..

Originally posted by Avatar
(damn- I could bet there was a line- you (or we) all are children of god)
Actually, according to the Bible, we're all great, great, great, great, etc., grandchildren of God:

Luke 3:38 - 38: Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

~Raithere

Is it this one?

1 John 3:1
"1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. "

Posted by whatsupyall:
It means noone can go to heaven but through morality, and virtous way of living, in summary, noone can come to the Father but through LOVE..You can claim to be buddhist, or christian, or pagan, but you are judged by your virtue and love regardless of title,, but faith in Jesus is important, because thats another word for faith in love, faith in clubbing, faith in weapons, faith in cars, are all faith in greed, lust, and violence, those are bad faith...period..

Those are the best words I've ever heard from a Christian! :eek:

Always a Choice!

Originally posted by Frencheneesz
Truthseeker:

"By this reason, He is able to discern the actions we will make by our soul: thoughts, will and emotions."

If we cannot contradict his knowlege, do we really have a choice?

Yep. Still do.:)

Teach Them!

It is good to see my Christian friends culling these ludicrous allegations about Bible contradictions. Friends, when you see a post about a Bible contradiction, you should see it as a cry for help somewhat like this; "I don't understand this, can you clarify it for me?". And a word of advice to all the logicians; reading a significant portion of the text in a Bible should preclude your assumption of a contradiction; it is for your own good [in this way you don't make asses of yourselves]. I can't believe that any self respecting 'evidence seeker' would just go to a website and gullibly accept a few nit-pickings as contradictions. Shows what kind of evidence they seek huh? Teach them my friends. Be patient and teach them. God will bless you for it.:)

...And hopefully the blessing will flow over unto them

Last edited:
Back