God does exist.

still believe in your god , Seeker?
ok- know you too well to start a discussion
that's a credit for you - nothing can penetrate your defences of unrational belief. And maybe doesn't need to- no fun if there are no crackpots and you are one of the best Sciforums has ever had

ciao

….seeker,

Then don't say there is no God
Except for those religions that give specific conflicting definitions to their god. For example Christianity has loaded up its god with conflicting super superlatives. Omni benevolence creates a paradox because evil exists in a universe created by the same god with omnipotence. Omniscience creates a paradox with the claim of human free will. In both cases the claims are mutually exclusive.

It is very like saying you have built a vehicle that can travel both north and south at the same instant. The claims create an impossible condition. The Christian god is also impossible because of the way it has been defined.

In this case the Christian god CANNOT exist and therefore DOES NOT exist. There is no point attempting to search every corner of the universe for something that cannot exist.

However, the claims made for the Deist god, for example, are fundamentally different and in that case it would be irrational for me to say that the Deist god does not exist. I simply do not know.

None of this approaches the issues and tests of credibility, but that is a whole new topic, that shows how gods do not exist.

Originally posted by Cris
Marc,

The issue arises from a lack of eyewitness accounts of the alleged Jesus, the rampant illiteracy of the times, and the tradition of myth making by many of the storytellers. There was little regard for objective reporting in those times, and rumors and imagination especially anything mystical were wonderful targets for speculation and storytelling.

The letters of Paul, of course are particular interesting in that they say absolutely nothing of the life of Jesus, and mention no miracles, I believe.

Here is a good reference and summary of Q -
http://www.religioustolerance.org/gosp_q.htm

Try also the Jesus Puzzle by Earl Doherty – this explains the Jesus myth.
http://www.truthbeknown.com/jesuspuzzle.htm

Also try the Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S.
http://www.ebtx.com/dead/acharya.htm

I believe I have seen the Discovery channel program you mention. It was certainly not impartial and made many questionable assumptions. But thanks anyway.

SO THERE IS LACK OF EYEWITNESSES AND TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST? BILLIONS AFTER BILLIONS ISNT ENOUGH? THEN IN THAT CASE NAPOLEON, GEORGE WASHTINGTON ARE ALSO A GOOD STORY TELLING, MYTHS, PROOFLESS CLAIM, AND DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH EYEWITNESSES. PERIOD.

CRIS CRIS, FAITHFULL TO YOUR BLIND FAITH, LOL, U PRIDE YURSELF AS AN EXPERT IN DEBATING? LOL, I JUST PROVED YOU WRONG IN YOUR PATHETIC "PREDETERMINATION" IDEA (MANY'S BELIEF), LOL.

SO FAR THE REST OF YOUR RESPONSE ARE RAMBLING AND HAS NO RELATION TO THE TOPIC I POSTED, U SAID...

"The proof for the non-existence of a god is considered impossible because we are currently unable to search every corner of the universe to test the claim. This is what is usually meant when we say it is impossible to prove a negative, in this context.

The above two statements are usually considered basic for debates such as this. As an inexperienced debater I suggest you make a note."

YOUR ARE LOOKING FOR A PROOF OF EXPLORING THE UNENDING GALAXY, YOUR AN IDIOT, THATS LIKE ME ASKING SCIENTIST TO PROVE TO ME BLACKHOLE IS A VACUUM, I DONT CARE IF THERE SEEMS TO BE HUGE PLANETS OR ASTEROIDS WHICH APPEARS TO BE SUCKED IN, HOW DO I KNOW IT DIDNT JUST GO THERE BY ITS OWN MOVEMENT AND NOT BY SUCTION, AND THAT THEY RAN INTO IT BY "SUPER DUPER LUCK", YOU CANT PROVE IT TO ME, WHY THEN DO U ASK ME TO EXPLORE THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AND FIND GOD? U EXPECT ME TO CATCH HIM PLAYING CHESS? LOL...AND BECAUSE OF THAT, YOU LEAVE OUT ALL THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE OF INTELLIGENCE, CAUSE AND EFFECT, BILLIONS OF EYEWITNESSES, MIRACLES, HEALING EVEN OCCURING TILL THIS DAY...THERE ARE TONS OF EVIDENCE FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE, ZERO FOR THE SUPER DUPER LUCK....

ONCE AGAIN YOU CALL YOURSELF EXPERIENCE DEBATER? THEN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE OF ME? GOD? LOL....

NOTE: A LETTER TO ALL THE CHRISTIAN, YOU NEED TO TEST THE WATERS, AS A TRUE CHRISTIAN, WHY DONT YOU BE SKEPTICAL WITH ALL IDEAS THAT ARE GIVEN TO YOU, ESPECIALLY BY THE ATHEIST (WORST OF THE WORST), CHRISTIANS BE SKEPTIC, GOD IS PROVEN BY TESTIMONY, AND YOU KNOW HIM BECAUSE YOU EXPERIENCED HIM, THIS LOST SOULS HAVENT, I HAVE DEBATED WITH MANY COUNTLESS ATHEIST, FROM AMATEURS (PEEPS HERE) TO EVEN A PROFESSOR (MY TEACHER), IN ACTUALITY WE HAVE MORE LOGIC, REASON, AND THEY HAVE ZERO...A FACT....ONE MORE THING, THEY ARE A COMPULSIVE LIARS (99.9999%) SO BECAREFULL OF WHAT THEY SAY, THEY WILL EVEN FALSELY ACCUSE YOU AS YOU CAN SEE HERE OF WHAT THEY DID TO ME, TAKE THE SO-CALLED BIBLE CONTRADICTION AS AN EXAMPLE, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN 2 SO FAR, I ANSWERED THEM DIRECTLY, THEN AFTERWARDS THEY IGNORED ME AND SAID I HAVENT ANSWERED THEM AND THAT I IGNORED THEM, INDEED A LIAR, THE TRUTH IS NOT IN THEM, THEY DONT CARE. SOME WOULD EVEN SAY ABRAHAM LINCOLN IS AN ATHEIST, ETC. ETC.

BY THE WAY, CRIS ENJOYS PROMOTING HIS LIES, THE ATHEIST WEB PAGES, FULL OF CRAP AND NONSENSE....WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO HEAR FROM ATHEIST? TRUTH? LOL..THAT IS LIKE SAYING PIGS CAN FLY..

Jeusus loves you, but Eris is a better lay.

SO THERE IS LACK OF EYEWITNESSES AND TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST? BILLIONS AFTER BILLIONS ISNT ENOUGH?
Really, billion and billions of eyewitness testimonies for jseus? Care to give a few examples? (Hint: the gospels dont count becase the earliset one was written a couple hundered years after jsesus was supposed to have lived)
LOL, I JUST PROVED YOU WRONG IN YOUR PATHETIC "PREDETERMINATION" IDEA (MANY'S BELIEF), LOL.
Actually you've just failed to understand it.
TAKE THE SO-CALLED BIBLE CONTRADICTION AS AN EXAMPLE, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN 2 SO FAR, I ANSWERED THEM DIRECTLY, THEN AFTERWARDS THEY IGNORED ME AND SAID I HAVENT ANSWERED THEM AND THAT I IGNORED THEM, INDEED A LIAR, THE TRUTH IS NOT IN THEM, THEY DONT CARE.
You only addressed the one about not killing by saying that all god killing in the bible was justified. When i asked how killing babies could be justified you ignored me.

And the rest of your post is just irrational ranting that makes no sense.

Ok i did look back in the thread and i guess you did respond to my baby killing complaint. You said some crap about how at that time and in that society killing babies was a good thing. I didnt know a christian could be a moral relativist.

"It is very like saying you have built a vehicle that can travel both north and south at the same instant. The claims create an impossible condition. The Christian god is also impossible because of the way it has been defined."
-------------------------------------------------------

Your analogy is a poor one. You, as most atheists do, attempt to reduce God to a mathematical equation and then proceed to make false assumptions based on your data. The problem is with your presuppositions. You MUST dismiss all evidence in favor of God to justify your position. As a Christian, I can examine evidence both for AND against the existence of God, and make a decision based on that evidence. As an atheist, you cannot objectively examine evidence in favor of the existence of God. You deny the presence of logical absolutes because everything is relative to an atheist. Your logic is erroneous.

BTW, I would be interested in your definition of 'atheist'. Do you KNOW there is no God? Or, do you 'LACK BELIEF' in God?

><>

Originally posted by Thor
*looks out of a window to see a pig flying*

2874 posts so far... wow... numbers don't say much huh?

BTW WHATSUPYALL - CAUTION IS KEY- THEY DON'T FOOL ME FOR A MINUTE

Last edited:
Super string quantum physicists are now discovering higher dimensional math. For the theory of superstrings to be correct higher dimensions have to exist. If anyone here knows about higher dimensional math, he/she /it - for the hermaphrodites - knows that it is not wise to try and argue about a God who exists in a realm which is broader than our own - in other words would exist in other dimensions. Physics of the black hole , wormhole. All this is just man's pitiful struggle to understand. But hey if they are right who are we to argue about God from our 4 dimensional existence. Higher dimensional math would apparently defy logic.

I have stated this numerous times in my posts.

In my opinionated view - the more man discovers about science - the less atheists there will be.

Think

Originally posted by Neutrino_Albatross
Even though the facts say you're wrong?

You know one add on the discovery channel I always liked? It made me think. It showed a small dot to represent what we think we know - that dot was within another dot which represents what we don't know. By the time you saw the whole dot for what we don't know - the dot for what we think* we know got infintely small [it disappeared]. Then you saw more 'what we don't know dots' - until you actually forgot about the 'what we think we know dot'.

Man had just begun to doscover the universe he lives in. The more we know. The more we realise we don't know.

Again - an opinionated view - driven by faith in God - Triune - Yahweh.

Last edited:
Originally posted by MarcAC
You know one add on the discovery channel I always liked. It made me think. It showed a small dot to represent what we think we know - that dot was within another dot which represents what we don't know. By the time you saw the dot for what we don't know - the dot for what we think* we know got infintely small [it disappeared]. Then you saw more what we don't know dots - until you actually forgot about the what we think we know dot.

Man had just begun to doscover the universe he lives in. The more we know. The more we realise we don't know.

Again - amy opinionated view - driven by faith in God.
I agree that we still have alot to learn about the universe but you claim that as we learn more atheim will decrease is not backed up by any evidence. In fact atheism has been on the rise as a direct result of increased kowledge. The more we know, the less we need to invent gods to explain the world.

"The more we know, the less we need to invent gods to explain the world."
----------------------------------------------------------

First, we do not need to invent God because He already exists. Second, God does not explain the world, rather, He saves us FROM the world. Read the Book of Job sometime, really. Job, after being put through Satan's ringer, asks God the proverbial 'why?' question, and God does not directly answer Job. It was as if God was saying that even if He explained the reasons of 'why?' that our little human brains wouldn't comprehend His logic anyway.

><>

First, we do not need to invent God because He already exists.
Give me some evidence.
Read the Book of Job sometime, really. Job, after being put through Satan's ringer, asks God the proverbial 'why?' question, and God does not directly answer Job.
Ya i love the book of job. Why god would tell the devil to go ahead and torture some poor guy just to settle a bet when god already knew what the outcome would be anyway is beyond me.
It was as if God was saying that even if He explained the reasons of 'why?' that our little human brains wouldn't comprehend His logic anyway.
We have yet to come up against something that we cant solve with logic and science and i have no reason to assume that we ever will.

Omni benevolence creates a paradox because evil exists in a universe created by the same god with omnipotence.

Evil, in this world, is caused by humans (as far as we know), which fits right into "freewill."

Omniscience creates a paradox with the claim of human free will.

Not so, lets break the word down; omni=all, science=knowledge (in this context).

What is "knowledge?"

1) The act or state of knowing; clear perception of fact,
truth, or duty; certain apprehension; familiar cognizance;
cognition.

to "know",

2)To have knowledge; to have a clear and certain perception;
to possess wisdom, instruction, or information; -- often
with of.

In a nutshell, God is all knowing (omni-scient). Because He knows how everything works in "relation" with everything. As we are part nature (biblically speaking) and therefore interact with nature, He knows what all the possible outcomes will be, and that everything eventually leads to anihilation of matter. This whole universe, works like a system, a machine, everything is nicely placed, and in working order, at least we are testiment to that, so there is no need for God to intervene, its common sense. You don't see Richard Bransen on the shop floor, unless he decides to take a visit, not saying he is God, but he is a top entrepreneur, the head of a very sucsessfull buisness empire.

In a democratic society, we can vote who we want to reprisent us, in other words a "free" vote, but we a have a limited choice of who to vote for, it is usually between two parties. In the same way, we have "free" will, but only in accordance with our particular situation, but the beauty of this free will, is that we can ask serious questions pertaing to our identity and what happens when we die, how did this universe come about, etc.. When we start to question, then God, depending on the seriousness of our enquiries, will intervene. In the same way, if you don't require God in your life, then He does not intervene.

The claims create an impossible condition.

It is impossible, because we cannot concieve of a vehicle that can do that, but that is because we have never experienced, even the concept of this occurance, without splitting the vehicle, somehow, in two. But the same cannot be said for God.

In this case the Christian god CANNOT exist and therefore DOES NOT exist.

I take it then, you are ruling out every description of the Christian god, because it does not fit in "your" idea of life.

There is no point attempting to search every corner of the universe for something that cannot exist.

Where does it say in the Bible, that you should go out and seek God, until you find Him?
You are arguing about something which you clearly don't understand, the logical thing to do, would be to develop some understanding, and then make your point.

However, the claims made for the Deist god, for example, are fundamentally different and in that case it would be irrational for me to say that the Deist god does not exist. I simply do not know.

You sound all mixed up Cris.

Love

Jan Ardena.

"Ya i love the book of job. Why god would tell the devil to go ahead and torture some poor guy just to settle a bet when god already knew what the outcome would be anyway is beyond me."
------------------------------------------

The reason is so that God may be vindicated at His word and so that we might understand that trials and tribulations will come to those who are godly. In the former, we see the righteousness of God. After all, none are righteous before God (Rom. 3:10-12). In the latter we see the perfection of Job's faith (James 1:2-4).

"Give me some evidence."
------------------------------------------

I have presented evidence such as eyewitness testimonies, corroborated by New Testament writers and fulfilled prophecies. However, you predictably dismiss this evidence because it does not satisfy your presuppositions. You cannot objectively examine the evidence that is presented to you and, therefore, prostitute your intellect in favor of your position. So, once again, I ask you what the evidence suggests? What would you require, within reason, as evidence for God's existence?

><>

God does not explain the world, rather, He saves us FROM the world

What are we to be saved from... murderers, rapists and such criminals ? He is obviously not doing a very good job.

It was as if God was saying that even if He explained the reasons of 'why?' that our little human brains wouldn't comprehend His logic anyway.

It would appear your god thinks very little of you.

I have presented evidence such as eyewitness testimonies, corroborated by New Testament writers and fulfilled prophecies.

That is hardly evidence.

What would you require, within reason, as evidence for God's existence?

Show me your god. Allow me to chat with him so that I may become one of the so-called eyewitnesses. That is certainly within reason.

"What are we to be saved from... murderers, rapists and such criminals ? He is obviously not doing a very good job."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The presence of crime and criminals does not invalidate the existence of God. Free will and the presence of evil explains crime and criminals.

"It would appear your god thinks very little of you."

You are entitled to your opinion. However, character attacks do nothing to amplify your position.

"That is hardly evidence."

Once again, merely your opinion. Evidence does not have to meet your criteria to be qualified as evidence.

"Show me your god. Allow me to chat with him so that I may become one of the so-called eyewitnesses. That is certainly within reason."

You can 'chat' with Him all you want to, through prayer. As far as visually seeing God, if you had any knowledge of the Bible then you would certainly be familiar with the following passage:

Exodus 33:20
'But, he (God) said, you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.'

><>

Re: Jeusus loves you, but Eris is a better lay.

Originally posted by Neutrino_Albatross
Really, billion and billions of eyewitness testimonies for jseus? Care to give a few examples? (Hint: the gospels dont count becase the earliset one was written a couple hundered years after jsesus was supposed to have lived)

Actually you've just failed to understand it.

You only addressed the one about not killing by saying that all god killing in the bible was justified. When i asked how killing babies could be justified you ignored me.

Ok i did look back in the thread and i guess you did respond to my baby killing complaint. You said some crap about how at that time and in that society killing babies was a good thing. I didnt know a christian could be a moral relativist.

Neutrino child, listen if you have ears, what is evil and what is good? Jesus said "What good is it if you profit the whole world yet looses your soul"? Jesus also said "If yur eye causes you to sin, it will be better for you to pluck it out and throw it away than to enter Hell with both eyes. If your hands will cause you to sin, it will be better to cut if off and throw it away than with both hands and enter hell". This is Jesus parable such as "It is easier for the camel to enter the eye of a needle pin than for a rich man to enter heaven". All these cannot be taken literally. IT JUST SIMPLY MEANS THAT HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL PASS AWAY, BUT MY WORDS WILL NOT. Your flesh will die, your possesions will repish, but your soul is eternall, SO WHAT GOOD IS IT IF GOD LET THOSE CHILDREN LIVE AND BEING UNDER THE CARE OF AN EVIL PARENTS WHO THEN WHEN MATURE BECOMES EVIL LIKE THEIR PARENTS AND ENTERS HELL, THE BABIES WILL BE BETTER OFF HAVING NO BODY AT ALL THAT WAY THEY W0NT OFFEND GOD LATER IN YEARS, RATHER THAN TO HAVE LIVING BODY AND ENTER HELL LATER IN LIFE.

Child, there are billions of testimonies for God, from physical vision, to message in their heart and mind (some of u accuse as schizophrenic, but the difference is 99.9999% of the schizophrenic hears voices to tell them to kill soomeone or something evil, i have a co-worker whos a nurse in aa psychiatric hospital. So indeed, that maybe possesion of the devil BECAUSE NO SCIENTIST CAN FIND CURE FOR SHIZOPHRENIC, NOT ONE, PILLS CAN ONLY CONTROL THEIR BRAINS, THATS IT").
Now if you dont believe the billions of eyewitnesses, living, present, dead or alive, I am one of them. IF YOU CALL BILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIARS, THEN AS I WAS SAYING, KING HENRY AND SHAKESPEARE ARE ALSO MADE UP AND THOSE WHO TESTIFIED THEIR EXISTENCE ARE LYING AS WELL, PERIOD. CAN YOU PROVE TO ME THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH? WELL DO IT, I WILL BE WAITING....

note: I adressed only 1 so called bible contradiction from you, and one from another person. AND POST ANOTHER ONE SINCE I JUST PROVED YOU WRONG, IM NOT ASKING U TO POST 900, POST JUST ONE OR TWO, IM STILL WAITING....

Back