God does exist.

Interesting that the word "preprogrammed" is used. Isn't there a more scientific word?

Well, I see its called Programmed Cell Death on the page I posted a link to. Is that better?

Hans

Hmm

I have no problem with either word, although 'programmed' is only marginally better than 'preprogrammed'. The site does not mention anything about the origin of these organic algorithms...

"The cellular machinery of programmed cell death turns out to be as intrinsic to the cell as, say, mitosis"

If mitosis is also 'programmed', who is the 'programmer'. If God is not implied, then why use the word programmed in favour of other words, such as "happen to be" for instance.

I'm being wilfull...

"there r over 1 billion catholics alone and over 1 billion christians"

And that number is declining, with Islam becoming the fastest growing religion in the world. Use your brain ok?

"I DIDNT JUMP INTO CONCLUSION OF HIGHER INTELLIGENCE, IT IS PROVEN AS AFOREMNETIONED. "

What you mentioned is not proof.

"Again intelligence is proven, "chance" or "random chance" IS PROVEN A LIE, "

Let me get this straight. Your thinking is, since we are intelligent, something intelligent must have created the universe? What the..? I can prove to you that chance exists. Roll a die 6 times, your chance of rolling a 6 are 1 in 6, there you go. I just proved chance exists, therefor chance must be responsible for creating the universe. According to your logic anyway.

"AGAIN HIGHER INTELLIGENCE (WHICH WE LABELED AS GOD, NOT GIANT PURPLE SQUID MONKEY LIKE U GUYS) IS PROVEN, SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING. "

Chance has also been proven. So again we are back to square 1.

"AGAIN, SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, INTELLIGENCE IS PROVEN TO EXIST, THE OTHER OPTION "SUPER CHANCE" IS PROVEN TO BE ALIE. "

Wrong.

"GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PSYCHIC PREDICTION, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WISHFULL THINKING, MEANWHILE I WILL BE LIVING IN A CURRENT REALITY"

Have fun.

"AGAIN, HIGHER INTELLIGENCE IS PROVEN "

Yes, intelligence has been proven to exist in this universe. This does not by any stretch of the imagination prove that an intelligent being created this universe and is now waiting in a perfect heaven for us to die.

"BUT WE LABEL IT AS THE SUPREME INTELLIGENCE BECAUSE WE R MATURE LIKE THAT. "

No comment... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by muscleman
Like I was saying, the idea of breathe of life came to be way before science existed, and you know what, for you to make a comment that contradicts it and say "There is no breathe of life" an idea that first existed, then the burden of proof is on you.

You don't seem to understand this properly. The idea being posited is that there is something called "the breath of life" which, in your words is made up of some undetectable energy. This is the concept under consideration. The age of the belief makes no difference. That "the breath of life" doesn't exist is not a competing hypothesis but only the initial state of non-belief. One would need evidence to support the notion of "breath of life" and as of yet you have not presented any. The failure of science to create a cell "from scratch" is not evidence of some undetectable life energy. The argument that you keep giving (that the "failure" of science to create life somehow proves the hypothesis of "the breath of life") commit several logical fallacies and is not the proof you claim it to be.

Again I dont doubt it when a person is bringing a dead person to life (not literally) but in a sense that its visible through technology when the fact is there are many that will have been dead if not because of technology (as it is prophesied in revelation).

This depends on the definition of death. Cessation of the life processes might be sufficient in most cases. If we use this definition science has most definitely brought both cells and people back from death.

there r people who r clinically dead (coma) and is brought back to life

A coma is not clinical death. Clinical death is usually defined by the EEG or EKG flatline. Coma patients have full life function, in most cases, they are simply unconscious.

AND WHATEVER IT IS THAT SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN, THEY RESERVE TO THE FAMOUS WORD "MR. BIO-SUBATOMIC- FUSION-CHEMICAL X IS RESPONISBLE", thats very common among pridefull scientist, when a person's cancer is healed through faith to God, they have to say "MR. BRAIN CHEMICAL DID IT" and say "ITS PLACEBO"

Not at all. Science is quite clear about admitting that there are areas of ignorance. However the placebo effect and the natural remission of diseases such as cancer are well documented. If you attribute such things to the Christian God only then how do *you* account for the fact that praying to any God one believes in has a beneficial effect? Or to the fact that voodoo and various forms of magical belief often have a more measurable affect than Christian prayer?

when its proven Its faith and prayers.

I doubt it if a human being can create a person, and bring that dead person to life when dead.

Tell you what. It's not a person but scientists are currently working on cloning a wooly mammoth that has been dead for 20,000 years. Would you consider *that* raising the dead?

Scientist manipulate, abuse, play around existing life forms, existing dna, existing "bio-chemical, sub-atomic particles", LOL whatever you call life source is, and thats it. If any scientist can create any life form, even a cell, then YOU REST YOUR CASE AND ITS ALL OVER, I WILL COMPLETELY BECOME ATHEIST, I PROMISE

See, I just find this so strange. Why is your belief in God dependent upon this single issue? It seems to me your faith is rather delicate.

THAT, UNTIL THEN SHUT YOUR HOLE

So much for you maintaining civil discourse.

I cant tell you what defines life, however I can tell you that things need order in order to live (in a sense with intelligence, motion, and purpose).

If you have no definition for life then how do you know whether something is alive or dead? If science does succeed, how will you know?

It is one thing to observe existing life forms, but it is another thing to create life forms. I rest my case...

It's a bit premature for that. You have yet to provide evidence *towards* any of your hypotheses. All you have tried so far is to *disprove* that science will ever be able to create life. And you haven't even succeed there.

~Raither

If mitosis is also 'programmed', who is the 'programmer'. If God is not implied, then why use the word programmed in favour of other words, such as "happen to be" for instance.

Ahh, I see now why you have a problem with "programmed". But programming doesnt imply any programmer. There is a bird in South America, the Tallagalla Hen, which lays its eggs in a haep of fermenting dead leaves. Once the chick hatch they come out and have never seen their parant, but they are preprogrammed to know that they are Tallagall Hens. Just an example, but Nature has various ways of preprogramming things. DNA is another example.

Hans

Mad Cow Disease!

Muscleman, you refer to prayer and faith healing the sick.

I was watching the news last night, about a twenty-something year old girl who had mad cow disease...the first case in the US (I believe it was on the show with Connie Chung).

Anyway, this girl was young, smart and beautiful before the disease. She started forgetting things, then eventually she started becoming violent with her family. Now, she can't even walk or hug her brother.

Now, I haven't heard of a scientific cure for this disease. I mean, they can't give her anything to cure her.

So, prayer and faith should work, right?

Wrong. Her family is very religious, and they prayed. They even had someone come over and bless her. No change.

I've seen the videos of her actions before and after, and it's terrible to see what this disease has done to her.

If God existed, this would've been a good time for Him to show He works miracles. I believe she is not expected to live more than two more months.

Let God heal her through her family's prayers, and I will repent my sins and be baptized. Until then, I will look to science to find a cure.

Another thing muscleman. Your intelligence theory is rather flawed. If God (Intelligence) created us (intelligence) then what created God? If God exists and represents intelligence, then that would mean he would have to have been created by intelligence. And if that was the case, God would not be God.

Something along the line had to start from nothing, or did it?

Originally posted by DeSeRt RaT UK
Another thing muscleman. Your intelligence theory is rather flawed. If God (Intelligence) created us (intelligence) then what created God? If God exists and represents intelligence, then that would mean he would have to have been created by intelligence. And if that was the case, God would not be God.

Something along the line had to start from nothing, or did it?

That question is very famous "If God created the universe, who created God" and no, the higher intelligence isn't flawed. Look in the post "God does not exist" in number 6 I think, I posted the answer there, read it and learn...

Originally posted by Xelios
"there r over 1 billion catholics alone and over 1 billion christians"

And that number is declining, with Islam becoming the fastest growing religion in the world. Use your brain ok?

What you mentioned is not proof.

Let me get this straight. Your thinking is, since we are intelligent, something intelligent must have created the universe? What the..? I can prove to you that chance exists. Roll a die 6 times, your chance of rolling a 6 are 1 in 6, there you go. I just proved chance exists, therefor chance must be responsible for creating the universe. According to your logic anyway.

Chance has also been proven. So again we are back to square 1.

Well, there are over 2 billion christians and counting, in fact world leaders are mostly christians, and no comment on islam, I chose no competition but just to mention hard facts. :)

:eek: Ok...here it goes again...U apply chance as a proof to somnething that has no proof of chance, I apply Intelligence as a proof for something that has proof of chance...

Again INTELLIGENCE IS CAPABLE OF CREATION FROM ORDERED COMPLEX AND DETAILED BIOLOGICAL MATTER TO TECHNOLOGICAL MATTER. CHANCE IS NOT...IS NOT....IS NOT CAPABLE OF ANY LIVING MOTIONED COMPLEX BIOLOGICAL TO TECHNOLOGICAL EXISTENCE. AGAIN, INTELLIGENCE IS PROVEN RESPONSIBLE, AND CHANCE IS A LIE AND THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN IN OTHER WORDS BY STUDY, OBSERVATION, AND EXPERIMENTATION. THAT EVIDENCE IS CURRENT, PRESENT DAY, I DONOT SPEAK FOR THE FUTURE (I am not a psychic), GOT IT?

In case u didnt, read below about chance and intelligence, ok kid?

chance-

Why do you reason with “chance” what doesn’t have a chance? I can claim that there’s a “chance” my mother will win the million-dollar lottery, even if winning is slim, fact is there is still a chance. One evidence to support my claim is that demonstration made it possible, she won the lucky 3 few times, other lottery games, & fact is many won it before. Lottery is accessible right now, there is no reason I shouldn’t be able to provide proof of “chance”. This claim of “chance” is evident. Another example of chance is competition; there is a chance that Evander Holyfield could regain the 4th heavyweight title considering the fact that there are others who has done it before, such as Muhammad Ali. This claim of “chance” is evident as well. But why do atheist make the claim that “earthquake, lightning, wind, and hurricane or any physics” have the chance of gathering atoms and molecules together then create a living breathing life form when the fact is no evidence supports such claim. Again, for one to make a claim of “chance”, one must present evidence to support the possibility…To say “series of earthquake and lightning will make me 1 million feet tall and weigh 50 trillion tons in 30 years by chance” and to say “Series of earthquake and lightning formed a living cell in a sudden gathering of atoms by chance”, is a lie, both are impossible, both doesn’t have any evidence to support the claims of possibility…
You heard them say, "slight chance is still a chance", wrong! Through scientific observation, study & demonstration, there is NO CHANCE that any physics discovered can gather atoms & molecules together then create a living-breathing cell. To use “proof less luck” or "proof less chance" as the cause is a lie; lies is NOT a scientific proof, never is & NEVER WILL.

Intelligence-

And intelligence in the other hand is proven. Intelligence can find cure for diseases, cause brain and heart surgery, cause breast implant, observation and study of events, solving crimes, molding artworks, creating cars, rocket space ships, television, refrigerators, etc. Intelligence is capable of creating and forming spare cartilages to replace missing ears or nose construction. Intelligence is also capable of creating living creatures off existing cells, from humans to insects (cloning). Intelligence are even beginning to discover growing a human heart like a plant. Can you provide one example of any detailed and complex form from biological to technological that are caused by a non intelligent matter; such as a cell phone forming a 2 story house through 8 years of lightning and hurricane or a Reebok running shoe cloning a pit bull through 6 years of rain and hurricane, are those claims true? No!

:eek: got brains?

"Again INTELLIGENCE IS CAPABLE OF CREATION FROM ORDERED COMPLEX AND DETAILED BIOLOGICAL MATTER TO TECHNOLOGICAL MATTER."

I'm not debating that.

" CHANCE IS NOT...IS NOT....IS NOT CAPABLE OF ANY LIVING MOTIONED COMPLEX BIOLOGICAL TO TECHNOLOGICAL EXISTENCE. "

Technology arises out of intelligence, not chance. Again, I'm not debating this.

"GOT IT? "

Yup. Now, what exactly does this have to do with a supernatural being creating the universe?

"But why do atheist make the claim that “earthquake, lightning, wind, and hurricane or any physics” have the chance of gathering atoms and molecules together then create a living breathing life form when the fact is no evidence supports such claim."

Perhaps its for the same reason you make the claim that a supernatural being with no creator decided one day to create a universe just for the fun of it and fill one tiny little speck with life, without providing any evidence.

"Again, for one to make a claim of “chance”, one must present evidence to support the possibility…To say “series of earthquake and lightning will make me 1 million feet tall and weigh 50 trillion tons in 30 years by chance” and to say “Series of earthquake and lightning formed a living cell in a sudden gathering of atoms by chance”, is a lie, both are impossible, both doesn’t have any evidence to support the claims of possibility… "

So lets say you have no idea the lottery exists. You have never seen anyone win the lottery. Someone tells you there is a chance of winning the lottery. By your logic winning the lottery is impossible. Yet it clearly is possible, just as random combinations of amino acids can possibly give rise to life.

You heard them say, "slight chance is still a chance", wrong! Through scientific observation, study & demonstration, there is NO CHANCE that any physics discovered can gather atoms & molecules together then create a living-breathing cell. "

And because there is currently no evidence of this occuring it is automatically impossible? Would you have said the same thing about antimatter or atomic bombs 2000 years ago? Back then there was no reason to even think that antimatter existed, by your logic is would have been impossible. Obviously it wasn't impossible because we can observe antimatter today. Why should the formation of cells through amino acids be any different?

"And intelligence in the other hand is proven. Intelligence can find cure for diseases, cause brain and heart surgery, cause breast implant, observation and study of events, solving crimes, molding artworks, creating cars, rocket space ships, television, refrigerators, etc. Intelligence is capable of creating and forming spare cartilages to replace missing ears or nose construction. Intelligence is also capable of creating living creatures off existing cells, from humans to insects (cloning). Intelligence are even beginning to discover growing a human heart like a plant. Can you provide one example of any detailed and complex form from biological to technological that are caused by a non intelligent matter; such as a cell phone forming a 2 story house through 8 years of lightning and hurricane or a Reebok running shoe cloning a pit bull through 6 years of rain and hurricane, are those claims true? No! "

So your basis for your "proof" is basically "Intelligence can create technology, therefor intelligence must have created life on this planet". Is that basically right? Because if it is, it is some of the most un-scientific 'proof' I have ever seen.

"got brains?"

Is it possible for you to make one post without having to insult someone or throw out demeaning statements?

there is NO CHANCE that any physics discovered can gather atoms & molecules together then create a living-breathing cell. "

Apart from the obvious difficulties of proving a negative, I should point out that there isn't a micro-biologist on the planet that claims atoms and molecules spontaneously made themselves into a cell. Cells evolved from much simpler precursors.

Through scientific observation, study & demonstration, there is NO CHANCE that any physics discovered can gather atoms & molecules together then create a living-breathing cell.

Please provide references to the appropriate literature.

This guy must be a fake.

Muzzleman:

You are VERY obviously uneducated in any science. It is easy to see stupid people offended by things they don't understand.

You say that intelligence must be created by intelligence, right? Well then there must be some god to create god, and on and on and on..... There will be an infinite number of gods that created eachother, or of course the famous god that always was...

Another contradiction:

If you say intelligence must be created by intelligence, then what is keeping the human intelligence from creating life?

Originally posted by Frencheneesz
Muzzleman:

You are VERY obviously uneducated in any science. It is easy to see stupid people offended by things they don't understand.

You say that intelligence must be created by intelligence, right? Well then there must be some god to create god, and on and on and on..... There will be an infinite number of gods that created eachother, or of course the famous god that always was...

Another contradiction:

If you say intelligence must be created by intelligence, then what is keeping the human intelligence from creating life?

:eek: Here it goes again..."If God created the universe, who created God?" Read in the post "God does not exist" and it is answered there. Thats another way of saying "If quantum physics and atoms created the universe" or as if u like to say it "If quantum physics and atoms FORMED the universe, then who or what formed quantum physics and atoms?" then u will say "It always existed", LOL, right? WELL ANYWAYS PEOPLE, THE ANSWER TO THIS IS IN THE POST "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" read it learn and educate yurself. :eek:

"Yup. Now, what exactly does this have to do with a supernatural being creating the universe?"

Here it goes again...this has something to do with a supreme being because of the fact that it is caused by a supreme intelligence..got it?

"Perhaps its for the same reason you make the claim that a supernatural being with no creator decided one day to create a universe just for the fun of it and fill one tiny little speck with life, without providing any evidence."

Here it goes again, the evidence that a higher intelligence exist is the existence of an ordered, complex, detailed motioned life forms (nature). Just like if there is an ordered, complex, detailed motioned technology, if I see it in a middle of a desert, because I HAVE COMMON SENSE, i wouldinfer a intelligent cause and say "Who's machine is this and how did it got here?" RETARDS AND PEOPLE WITHOUT COMMON SENSE in the other hand will say "Ohh My God! Look at what the lightning and earthquake formed! A laptop computer! Now this is mine!".

"So lets say you have no idea the lottery exists. You have never seen anyone win the lottery. Someone tells you there is a chance of winning the lottery. By your logic winning the lottery is impossible. Yet it clearly is possible, just as random combinations of amino acids can possibly give rise to life."

You are weird. What the heck are u talking about?? THERE IS NO PROOF OF AMINO ACIDS ARISING TO LIFE NOW! NONE!THERE IS A CHANCE OF WINNING LOTTERY BECAUSE THERE IS PROOF OF CHANCE, U NEED PROOF OF CHANCE IN ORDER TO MAKE A CLAIM OF CHANCE OTHERWISE ANYTHING CAN BE A CHANCE INCLUDING ME BECOMING 1 MILLION MILES TALL. got it?

"And because there is currently no evidence of this occuring it is automatically impossible? Would you have said the same thing about antimatter or atomic bombs 2000 years ago? Back then there was no reason to even think that antimatter existed, by your logic is would have been impossible. Obviously it wasn't impossible because we can observe antimatter today. Why should the formation of cells through amino acids be any different?"

AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, I DONT CARE ABOUT PSYCHIC PREDICITION, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, WEVE BEEN AT THIS 1,000,000 TIMES (F.O.S.) GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PREDICTION OK? MAYBE SCIENCE CAN BRING A DEAD PERSON TO LIFE, WHO KNOWS, BUT UNTIL EVIDENCE SHOWS THEN I WILL BELIEVE, UNTIL THEN SHUT YOUR HOLE, MOUTH HOLE THAT IS...

"So your basis for your "proof" is basically "Intelligence can create technology, therefor intelligence must have created life on this planet". Is that basically right? Because if it is, it is some of the most un-scientific 'proof' I have ever seen."

this is scientificly proven because INTELLIGENCE IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, GOT IT? (i got a feeling youll go back to giant purple squid monkey thingy, LOL)

:eek:

Originally posted by Frencheneesz

If you say intelligence must be created by intelligence, then what is keeping the human intelligence from creating life? [/B]

LOL, poor atheist trying so hard, o yeah according to the atheist kind that will happen. However, the fact remains science can create life, such as cloning, but out of existing life forms. AGAIN, SCIENCE CAN CREATE LIFE BUT OUT OF EXISTING LIFE FORMS, IT IS CALLED "CLONING", got it? (I hope)

"this has something to do with a supreme being because of the fact that it is caused by a supreme intelligence..got it? "

So now technology is not caused by just intelligence, but a supreme intelligence? Are you saying we are supremely intelligent? Or are you saying that supreme intelligence caused our intelligence? If it's the latter then that's pure speculation, not proof or evidence.

"the evidence that a higher intelligence exist is the existence of an ordered, complex, detailed motioned life forms (nature)"

Why should this suggest the Christian God exists? Again it's just speculation.

"You are weird. What the heck are u talking about?? THERE IS NO PROOF OF AMINO ACIDS ARISING TO LIFE NOW! "

If you don't want to play along for 2 minutes then you won't see the point I'm trying to make, and you didn't.

"this is scientificly proven because INTELLIGENCE IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, GOT IT?"

Just because intelligence is proven doesn't mean a superior intelligence exists. I don't know how many times I have to say this before it sinks in. You are speculating, speculation is not scientific evidence or proof. Therefor you have no proof of God's existance. The only proof you have presented is that we are intelligent.

Originally posted by Xelios

"So now technology is not caused by just intelligence, but a supreme intelligence? Are you saying we are supremely intelligent? Or are you saying that supreme intelligence caused our intelligence? If it's the latter then that's pure speculation, not proof or evidence."

Why should this suggest the Christian God exists? Again it's just speculation.

"this is scientificly proven because INTELLIGENCE IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, GOT IT?"

Just because intelligence is proven doesn't mean a superior intelligence exists. I don't know how many times I have to say this before it sinks in. You are speculating, speculation is not scientific evidence or proof. Therefor you have no proof of God's existance. The only proof you have presented is that we are intelligent. [/B]

Again, intelligence IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE CAUSE OF designed, detailed, motioned, ordered existence THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN. therefore nature which is designed, detailed, complex, motioned and ordered IS A SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT INTELLIGENCE CAUSED IT, we call "Higher intelligence" because universe exist billion of years ago. THATS THE SCIENTIFIC PROOF, WHY IS IT SCIENTIFIC? BECAUSE INTELLIGENCE IS OBSERVED, STUDIED, EXPERIMENT AND DEMONSTRATED. AND DONT EVEN DARE CALL THE NATURE "CHAOS" BECAUSE AGAIN THAT CLAIM WILL REQUIRE PROOF, THE FACT IS THE DESIGN OF NATURE ALWAYS FUNCTION PERFECTLY FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS. EVERY DESIGNS IMPLIES A DESIGNER, GOT IT?

EVERY DESIGNS IMPLIES A DESIGNER. CAUSE AND EFFECT.

EVERY DESIGN IMPLIES A DESIGNER. CAUSE AND EFFECT.

EVERY DESIGN IMPLIES A DESIGNER. CAUSE AND EFFECT.

THATS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, IN OTHER WORDS, BY OBSERVATION, STUDY, EXPERIMENTATION AND DEMONSTRATION.

THATS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, IN OTHER WORDS, BY OBSERVATION, STUDY, EXPERIMENTATION AND DEMONSTRATION.

CHANCE AND CHAOS HAVE NOT 0NE PROOF.

I always get what your saying but you dont get what Im saying, again here it goes...every claim requires evidence to support it otherwise i might as well say I will become 1 million miles tall.

you have no proof that there is no higher intelligence, yet I have proof there is higher intelligence. PERIOD. Again, I am not speculating a Christian God in this convo YET, not yet, but I am speculating a PROVEN HIGHER INTELLIGENCE.

GOT IT? or is your brain giving you trouble..:confused:

I'm not even going to bother reading your post MM. It's obvious you are so intent on using your speculation as proof of God that you won't even listen to reason anymore. That's fine.

I really think MM must be the original hick, gone holy. I have never before seen somebody make so little sense with so many words. Arguing with him is truly like banging your head into a wall, he doesnt listen to anything, just raves on like he started. What a proud repesentative of Christianity. I wonder if his God is laughing or crying.

Hans

Back