Full born atheism is anti-intellectual

Interaction, my dear doubting mennace, which is spiritual.

I am sure in your condition you would have never had some such thing. Such is a shame! :shrug:

Then again, there's interaction over periods of time; for example; the state that the universe is in can change; there is only one creation that can do this, God, the universe, our our connectivity as the bible was hitting at, which is the only god that exists.

And this is my theory.
My conception of God which is not incorrect.

I would enjoy hearing your finger pop up in this arguement.
Make it coherent first, I'd be happy to.

Fine,

Note that I am talking to you:

Interaction, my dear doubting mennace, which is spiritual.

I am sure in your condition you would have never had some such thing. Such is a shame!

Then again, there's interaction over periods of time; for example; the state that the universe is in can change; there is only one creation that can do this, God, the universe, our our connectivity as the bible was hitting at, which is the only god that exists.

And this is my theory.

Just because the spiritual realm or whatever hasn't been proven yet doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

"Proof" is pretty vague at times; especially for someone like Glaucon.

Why can't the change in the "state" of the universe be inherent to the universe? Why do you need an outside agent like God to be the cause?

Because of the notion of rebirth............ Although illogicial, the conception that I have of it is one which is pretty valid I feel, and wouldn't quite share it.

Fine,

Note that I am talking to you:

Interaction, my dear doubting mennace,
I spell "doubting menace" with one N, please. If that's going to be my name, you'll at least have to spell it right.
which is spiritual.
Define 'spiritual'

I am sure in your condition you would have never had some such thing. Such is a shame!
I don't know what 'spiritual' means in this context, really, so it would be hard to say.

What does this have to do with spirituality? I said I don't really know what it means, but I have caught your drift that it generally means something other than 'material,' and last time I checked, the Universe was material.

And this is my theory.
Huh? I'm not sure this is a complete sentence.

Working on figuring out what your argument is at the moment.

It is only illogicial to people like you guys.... not able to be shown to be valid due to preconceptions about things....

Just because the spiritual realm or whatever hasn't been proven yet doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

"Proof" is pretty vague at times; especially for someone like Glaucon.
Oh, I'm not looking for proof. Technically speaking, nothing has ever been 'proven.' Hard evidence will do.

On the other hand, it's perfectly valid to say, "It's very unlikely that theres a 'spiritual' realm or a god, because no one has produced any empirical evidence of it." :shrug:

physical evidence of a spiritual realm? hm...that doesn't seem reasonable to me, even though i have seen physical evidence of such...on my coffee table.

It is only illogicial to people like you guys.... not able to be shown to be valid due to preconceptions about things....

What preconceptions do I have that keep me from understanding?

Basically, we can't doubt Gods existence. (Or rather we can, with the obvious things occuring, like the universe not being existent to the role of a God)

Spirituallity in the terms of the material universe,

There. I said it in my ( ) 's.

physical evidence of a spiritual realm? hm...that doesn't seem reasonable to me, even though i have seen physical evidence of such...on my coffee table.
Make up your mind. Either it can't affect the material world, or it can. If it can't, I have a hard time understanding how you know about it.

How can something "spiritual" cause a physical effect? Would belief in this be similar to belief in poltergeists?

i have described some of my experiences to a friend, and she said she thought i was a medium. at first i was taken aback, but after i thought about it, some of what i've experienced has been very much like that.

Basically, we can't doubt Gods existence. (Or rather we can, with the obvious things occuring, like the universe not being existent to the role of a God)
What on earth does this mean? The universe not being existent to the role of a God? Huh? What is that?

Spirituallity in the terms of the material universe,

There. I said it in my ( ) 's.
Again, incomplete sentence.

You do not sound wise. You sound like you need remedial English.

i have described some of my experiences to a friend, and she said she thought i was a medium. at first i was taken aback, but after i thought about it, some of what i've experienced has been very much like that.
How do you know what "that" is?

Make up your mind. Either it can't affect the material world, or it can. If it can't, I have a hard time understanding how you know about it.

if i am the receipient of a telepathic communication, or if i experience some physical sensation, or if i am given a message by a variety of means that are available in this world, or if i happen to see inanimate objects moving around on my coffee table seemingly all by themselves one afternoon...do you see?

Back