Freaky shiznit..

grover: Nice try, but your analogy fails on one small point

Evolution is true... Religion is false.. so ner ner.

As Q just said, you don't get truth from delusion.

Kenny,
Nice try but once again your just stating your opinion with absolutely nothing to back up.
So ner ner. Whatever the fuck that means.

Anyway, it led me to a conclusion. I said: "Look, no offence but for half an hour you have been praying for my eyes to get better and have been absolutely convinced that it would happen. All it would have taken is £500 and the same amount of time in front of a laser and my eyes would be better. You have action and inaction. Action is to go to a registered doctor, inaction is to pray. One works, the other is a complete waste of energy"

What was the response of the Church members to your statements?

No religion really claims that other religions are wrong, it is people who make these claims, because they believe that the way they do things must be the only right way.

How can your statement coexist with these verses from the Quran?

4.171 said:
O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

4:171 said:
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. CHRIST Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Islam says Christ was not the son of God. Christ being the son of God is a major part of Christianity. Can you show me how this isn't Islam saying that Christianity is wrong?

4:157 said:
That they said (in boast), "We killed CHRIST Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Another example of Islam denying another key factor of Christianity (that Jesus was crucified and died for our sins).

Last edited:
Interesting.
I'd like to see some quotes from the Pali Canon or the Vedas "vehemently denying" the truths of other religions.
In the vedas however you do however get descriptions of different rungs of practice - and interestingly enough the gradations of religion ar e defined by quality (primary qualities and secondary qualities) as opposed to designating some rubberstamp as better/worse than another - thus its possible to encounter a fourth class vedic practitioner or a first class christian practitioner etc etc

Back