Freaky shiznit..

-Has it completely slipped your observation that all religions share a core that is identical? There's your absolute truth.

Kenny JC,
Good logic there yourself hypocrite. I was responding to Q's post in which he stated that all religions are different. Which is not true. Humankind's religions across time and culture comes up with remarkably similar views on the nature of reality, which suggests that they aren't simply being made up. And if they are simply being made up how do you account for the consistency? Instead of using logic you came up with a shit analogy. Good job hypocrite.

Sorry that my shit analogy went straight over your head, but what I meant was that just because there are variations on a theme does not mean it isn't fundamentally bullshit. Far from an 'absolute truth', it's just superstitious crap. Palm reading, psychics, mind-readers, horroscopes... all variations on a theme , and if you want the ABSOLUTE TRUTH... all total fucking bullshit.

No Kenny, it didn't go straight over my head. All you are doing is stating your opinion with no logic or facts to back it up, while at the same time mistakenly believing you are coming from the high ground of logic and rationality, which makes you a massive hypocrite.

Q,
Perhaps you missed this...

Each deny vehemently the other's claims to know the Absolute Truth.

Interesting.
I'd like to see some quotes from the Pali Canon or the Vedas "vehemently denying" the truths of other religions.

No Kenny, it didn't go straight over my head. All you are doing is stating your opinion with no logic or facts to back it up, while at the same time mistakenly believing you are coming from the high ground of logic and rationality, which makes you a massive hypocrite.

No logic? No facts?

Why did you not comment on this?

Palm reading, psychics, mind-readers, horroscopes... all variations on a theme , and if you want the ABSOLUTE TRUTH... all total fucking bullshit.

Reading a persons palm to predict their future is as I'm sure you will agree total bullshit, right?

Religion is in the same category my friend.

Interesting.
I'd like to see some quotes from the Pali Canon or the Vedas "vehemently denying" the truths of other religions.

Wow, you found 2 that don't? That only leaves how many thousands more?

Wow, you found 2 that don't? That only leaves how many thousands more?

No religion really claims that other religions are wrong, it is people who make these claims, because they believe that the way they do things must be the only right way.

And its not just theists who can go down that garden path.;)

Google "perennial philosophy"

Those are "comparable perceptions" about the nature of reality, the self, the world, and the meaning and purpose of existence.

Hardly, "identical core."

Those are "comparable perceptions" about the nature of reality, the self, the world, and the meaning and purpose of existence.

Hardly, "identical core."

Comparable perceptions are subjective, regardless of the identity of the nature of reality.

And its not just theists who can go down that garden path.;)

Exactly!
It is human nature, not the cause of religions.
How many scientists do you see saying that religions are all wrong and the only way to live is a rational, reasonable and materialistic life?

Exactly!
It is human nature, not the cause of religions.
How many scientists do you see saying that religions are all wrong and the only way to live is a rational, reasonable and materialistic life?

How many?

Let's get circular. We know that already, what does that have to do with the so-called Truth?

It depends on how you define truth. Everyone pursues the nature of reality, it means different things to different people, but again it says nothing about reality itself.

e.g. a scientist and a theologian could both search for the meaning of the universe in different ways. What it ultimately means to either (or in some cases, both or neither) depends entirely on what they choose to seek.

Back