Folding@Home sciforum Team!

We broke the 100,000 barrier for our total grand score! Congratulations to all.

This new forum is extremely unorganized and appears to be nothing more than a group of participants that have signed up with nothng to contribute! What's the point?

You sign up and contribute CPU power to the software that handles the algorithms for protein folding.

valich said:
This new forum is extremely unorganized and appears to be nothing more than a group of participants that have signed up with nothng to contribute!
You should fit right in then.

Ophiolite. You have so much time on your hands that you are actually stalking me! You have not posted a single post on this thread until I did. And then your single post was simply a rhetorical sarcastic reply. Get a life!

Well, it's just so much fun making fun of you. Especially the way you call this thread a forum. How you think that it is 'new'. And how you completely fail to understand the point of the thread being software you can download to your computer to aid Stanford University study protein folding.

"...and appears to be nothing more than a group of participants that have signed up with nothing to contribute!"

Ha!
Funny shit.
You are such a fucking trip. I mean, not only do you not understand scientific papers, but you also have difficulty understanding such a simple concept as folding@home and clicking on links to find out what the story is.
Muaha!!

Freak.

So then, are you Looking into things like the Role of Stathmin phosphoproteins in Drosophila?

Nothing quite that specific, Platonica.

The software offered for download simulates protein folding. Proteins of all sorts. But, it doesn't really go into things like the roles the proteins play in cellular function. Instead, it merely predicts how the protein would fold based on the mRNA that produces it. Given this shape, scientists can then work on detemining how the proteins function.

PHPlatonica said:
So then, are you Looking into things like the Role of Stathmin phosphoproteins in Drosophila?
What an odd thing to say out of the blue! :eek: I'm dying to know why you picked stathmins and what you know of them, and why you picked Drosophila.....

invert_nexus said:
Folding@Home killed my laptop. I should sue.
Damn. I'm running Folding@Home on my laptop right now. It's a new computer though and it has one of those dual processors. And it's got four years of total care... so I suppose it doesn't matter. If it shits out, they'll just give me a new computer.

Does this software really help? Or is it just a fun thing to do?

Thank SAM for re-sticking this :m:

Anyways people Folding@Home has improved:
-Never had problems with it taking up processor time, has easily identifiable buttons for setting it to pause when you using the computer, can now set to run on only one of your "duel cores"
-Runs incredible on Linux!

Back