Flag burning

Do you think flag burning is a serious offense?

• Yes, it warrants a life sentence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it warrants prison time

• Yes, it warrants exile

• Total voters
Freedom of speech. As long as they have a burn permit, they should be able to burn cloth, which is all a flag is.

LOL Death penalty Isn't that a wee bit extreme?
Life Sentence?? ????

Personally I don't find it a huge deal. I guess it is disrespectful. What are the circumstances here?
Like if I took a Canadian Flag and burned it in my backyard? or did I burn it
on the steps of the Parliment Building??

Last edited:
Burning the flag is a sign of being a traitor, it's anti patriotic and it does not recognize the soveriegnity of the state. It's basically like spitting on the people.

Punishing them in anti-patriotic. Patriots fought for then to have the right to burn it. Freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech doesn't warrant hate speech. That's why we have hate crimes.

Burning the flag is like a hate crime. Also I doubt the patriots died in order for them to shit all over their achievements.:shrug:

Its only a hate crime if another person is wrapped up in it at the time. Its just a piece of cloth. If I took a white piece of cloth, drew a cross on it and burned it, am I committing a crime against all christians?

What about when Canada day is over and everybody throws their Canadian Flags and Banners they put up in the garbage? Is that a crime?

What about when Canada day is over and everybody throws their Canadian Flags and Banners they put up in the garbage? Is that a crime?

They don't do it out of hate though. It's certainly disrespectful, but they don't do it with the intent to direspect.

Syria

Orleandor, I simply thought that you were a theist. If not, my apologies.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

Norsefire, it's not a hate crime. That's not something up for debate, it's a fact. And you wanting the Death Penalty for it is exactly why the state shouldn't have that sort of power. Having more people like you in charge is enough to give me nightmares.

no penelty UNLESS its a total fire ban day. In that case they should be as harsh as they would be with anyone who lights fires in a risky enviroment

Back