• No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • We will have no choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you out of your mind, NO WAY!!!

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One could ask why someone who has not committed a crime should be required to carry a number. Much less, forced to buy it. You're passport is a different issue as it isn't required for everyday interactions in your own country.

In Japan, during the Edo period, person who has committed a crime would
received criminal identification tattooed on their face (on the forehead,
according to a source).

Other source:
In Japan, tattooing was prohibited throughout the Edo period (1600-1868), and was therefore restricted to criminals and prostitutes.

In my country, we have been using ID card since many years, but without
information whether one is eligible for work or not.

Last edited:
Don't you have personal id numbers given at birth in the UK? We have, it's how to recognize one John Smith from another John Smith.
If you do, you already have a number.

Having a number doesn't mean you are a number.

yes we do, its called the National Insurance Number, but i havent used mine for nearly 4yrs

because its my civil right not to carry ID, i ahve never carried ID and i wont start now!

This is interesting. I wonder how many other people see it this way. Is this a civil right which is specifically given to you in some document? Or is this just something that has never been regulated? Are there any court cases where a citizen has successfully sued the government to NOT be required to show ID when requested by an authority?

I thought that every citizen of an EU country is obligated to carry an ID. Is this not true?

This is interesting. I wonder how many other people see it this way. Is this a civil right which is specifically given to you in some document? Or is this just something that has never been regulated? Are there any court cases where a citizen has successfully sued the government to NOT be required to show ID when requested by an authority?

I thought that every citizen of an EU country is obligated to carry an ID. Is this not true?

no your not!!

they cannot make you carry ID!

they are bringing these stupid ID cards out for kids, what if they are out without they're mums and dads, should they carry the card around they're necks on a chain?

no your not!!

they cannot make you carry ID!

they are bringing these stupid ID cards out for kids, what if they are out without they're mums and dads, should they carry the card around they're necks on a chain?

What about ticket ID? The one that you have to carry if you use inter city
train or bus?

you mean a bus pass?

not everyone has them, so thats not valid, old people and students have them aswell has some disabled people

Yes, a bus pass. Don't you use one? Mine is multifunction. I can use the card
as a bus pass, to buy food in uni cafetaria (just like a debit card), to laundry
my cloth, to borrow book from library, etc. I don't have to carry money
anywhere, just transfer from my bank account to this card. Complete with
a photo.

Currently I don't have to have any I.D. on me at any time.

I don't even have to have my driving license if I am driving.

should they carry the card around they're necks on a chain?
Funny. :)

btw, we all carry id cards around our necks on a chain at work. You can't even go to your workplace without flashing it at least twice at a door lock (one for entrance, one for your floor). It's made so that only one person at a time can enter,
so I think I'm kinda used to the idea.

Yes, a bus pass. Don't you use one? Mine is multifunction. I can use the card
as a bus pass, to buy food in uni cafetaria (just like a debit card), to laundry
my cloth, to borrow book from library, etc. I don't have to carry money
anywhere, just transfer from my bank account to this card. Complete with
a photo.

no, i dont have a bus pass,

The idea of a National ID card is one of the most dangerous ideas present in our modern era.

Next, they will introduce microchip implants for infants.

Kadark

Yep. I know quite a few people who don't take their licenses with them, one of them being a copper, and they have never got in any trouble for it, so I assume it's perfectly legal.

The idea of a National ID card is one of the most dangerous ideas present in our modern era.

Why is it dangerous? Those are both great ideas!

I think all people should have a 'barcode' type of ID that is a biometric implant, maybe a small one on the right corner of their forehead or something

Kadark

great idea. Except infants is a bit to late...at early stage of embryonic development...hidden within the organism cells will be a microchip with all the data.

remove it and the body goes into Apoptosis/cell death mode.

Who's going to protect the public from the Terrorism of the Government? ID cards certainly won't. The Great British public has always been to Apathetic to actually do anything when the Government outstep's it's bounds, perhaps with the understanding that such Card schemes (Which are a complete Farce and waste of Tax payers money) are forced into place the Apathetic masses will start thinking for themselves for a change and realise that the only reason for such a card scheme is to be able to continue to hide the corruption in the higher levels of our Governments Hierarchy.

funny story stryder

the state goverment here is trying to build a desal plant and as part of the project SA water sent out a whole heep of serveys to all the residents living near the site.

when it came out the public (and the media) wernt really interested so much in what sort of infomation was being collected but rather who had access to that infomation. for instance making sure it wouldnt be sold to private corperations or given to the labor party to use for political purposes. the whole interview was about making sure the infomation was ONLY used inside the goverment department.

i have always liked that about the australian system, that we dont trust goverments and political parties but we are able to trust the DEPARTMENTS

The main problem in this situation Asguard is if it was a private sector company doing it they would have to abide by laws, when the government has absolute control it's nothing more than a Regime. They can do what they want with no concern for the people they do it to. Especially when they've given those roles to the Military to handle. I'm not happy about Great Britain being put under "Martial Law".

I don't really have a problem with national id cards, as long as there are alternatives, as well as cash, people can still do what they need with complete anonymity

What would make sense is if they do decide to go along with such a scheme, that they scrap the CENSUS. The money that would be spent on collecting CENSUS data can the be spent on the ID cards meaning the public shouldn't have to pay anymore than what is already taken. This is why I see this current "scheme" as being nothing more than a Stealth Tax operation.

Back